Some of you are so young!

Yarko

I was reading the profile thread and I was suprised to see so many fans under the age of 25! I figured only old nerds like me who got to see the first major films John Williams scored in the theaters were the only people who would be interested in his work. Also, I was suprised to see so many from countries other than the US. Very cool!

How did you become interested in JW's music?

My mom bought me the Star Wars 2 record album back in 1976 after the Star Wars fever began. I was 10 years old. After that, I was hooked.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you surprised if you were only 10 when you became a fan? Many of us have grown up with the music around us, and I know for several people (myself included) Harry Potter and the Stone of Your Choice was the Star Wars of our generation, that is, it introduced us to Williams as it showed some of the best he has to offer.

Ooops! I meant 1978, not 76.  :oops:

Damn, Yarko you're almost as old as me. At 37 (soon to be 38) I'm glad to know that at least I'm not the only "old fart" nerd here. LOL

I've listened to JW all my life because my favorite movie ever since I can remember has been ET, closely followed by Jaws, without realizing that the scores to both movies were composed by one man. Then in 1994, I heard the music to Schindler's List on TV (it was the Oscars) and John Williams won!!! Someone told me that he's also written the music for Indiana Jones, Star Wars, E.T., and so on . . . and I was hooked for life!!! I think the soundtrack to Schindler's List was the very first CD I ever bought!!!

I started to become interested in John Williams music mainly through Jurassic Park...however, it took me a very long time to get some Williams CDs since they are very hard to find here :-( I´m 17, by the way

I can't get aroused by 100 x 80 pixel thumbnails anymore.

Say what you will about living in Jerusalem...but one CLEAR plus is having Natalie Portman learn at the university here.

Morlock- who's met her on a number of occaisions now :sigh::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Morlock 2- who's showing off, and doesn't care who knows it!

I can't get aroused by 100 x 80 pixel thumbnails anymore.

Say what you will about living in Jerusalem...but one CLEAR plus is having Natalie Portman learn at the university here.

Morlock- who's met her on a number of occaisions now :sigh::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Morlock 2- who's showing off, and doesn't care who knows it!

Prove it! Take a picture of you talking to her.

Well, I refuse to post my picture online (and you don't know what I look like), but I'll do my best to get a picture of her with something that'll prove I'm taking the picture (an overt JWFan reference, or something).

EDIT: what Stefan said :sigh:

Morlock, Stefancos will send you his JWmug. You give this precious trophy to Natalie Portman. She holds it up while you take a photograph. Then you both laugh and you say, "You may keep it, Natalie". Stefancos won't mind.

----------------

Alex Cremers

If she wants that cup, she will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers!

If that's what you want ... It can be "arranged".

Dr. Mengele, there's someone who needs "taken care" of.

I was reading the profile thread and I was suprised to see so many fans under the age of 25! I figured only old nerds like me who got to see the first major films John Williams scored in the theaters were the only people who would be interested in his work. Also, I was suprised to see so many from countries other than the US. Very cool!

How did you become interested in JW's music?

My mom bought me the Star Wars 2 record album back in 1976 after the Star Wars fever began. I was 10 years old. After that, I was hooked.

you are so young :sigh:

but will your thigh bone and hip bones be sufficiently cremated to fit into the cup.

doubtful.

Stef probably has smaller bones as he isn't a large person, but even in most cremations there are large bone fragments.