Attack of the Clones - Limited Edition

Josh500

When the AotC Sountrack came out, it was a limited edition with a bonus track ("On the Conveyor Belt"). Does anyone know to how many copies it was limited? I think the CD now available is WITHOUT the great bonus track, which is a pity. : :spiny:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, I though the track was never "limited" in Europe, only in the United States.

I got my copy from Amazon UK and comes without the bonus track. But then again, I already had it from the advanced promo of the CD :spiny:

In the US the cue was only available at Target. I'd be surprised if there are that many left, in my experience Target consistently has the worst soundtrack selection of any store in the country.

I'd be surprised if there are that many left, in my experience Target consistently has the worst soundtrack selection of any store in the country.

The second would be iTunes. ;)

In my experience, AOTC was out of Target scores by 2003 or so.

I obtained the cue by illegally downloading it via a popular file-sharing program after I was duped into thinking it would be on discs sold at Wal-Mart, thanks to the ever-credible TheForce.Net. But I can't encourage such behavior because that would lead to... :spiny:

I can still find the Limited Edition at quite a few UK stores, such as Play.com (temporarily OOS apparently but it's still listed) and Amazon.co.uk. Amazon's marketplace has new copies going for £3.50 :spiny:

It certainly wasn't - I can go into any high-street store and find a copy with the bonus track - it was the standard release in the UK......

.....though the "Will not play on PC/MAC" thing still sucks to high heaven.....surely if I have paid for the CD I should then have the right to do with it as I wish? For example - should I not be able to rip it and use certain tracks on my own legitimately made compilations? That are for my own listening?

Sucks..... :wave:

Greg - who thinks it's high time Sony Classical got a bit of a kicking for that and released a proper copy......and I dare them to do the same with Episode III.......

I obtained the cue by illegally downloading it via a popular file-sharing program after I was duped into thinking it would be on discs sold at Wal-Mart, thanks to the ever-credible TheForce.Net.

Yup, I bought a copy at Wal-Mart the day it came out and was just a little upset at the lack of the bonus track. I gave that copy to a friend and bought the good one at Target a few days later. :wave:

I obtained the cue by illegally downloading it via a popular file-sharing program after I was duped into thinking it would be on discs sold at Wal-Mart, thanks to the ever-credible TheForce.Net. But I can't encourage such behavior because that would lead to...  :wave:

In this case you can easily be forgiven

K.M.Wondering what retarded gimmick Sony will come up with for RotS

I obtained the cue by illegally downloading it via a popular file-sharing program after I was duped into thinking it would be on discs sold at Wal-Mart, thanks to the ever-credible TheForce.Net.

Yup, I bought a copy at Wal-Mart the day it came out and was just a little upset at the lack of the bonus track. I gave that copy to a friend and bought the good one at Target a few days later. :wave:

You paid TWICE for that joke of a score??? Oh wait a minute, so did I... I had to go to target to get the bonus track too! Still, at least it was only $9.99. And I've listened through it oh about twice. And that's counting both copies!

I've listened to it many, many times and enjoy it. Paying for it twice thanks to Sony marketing BS sucked, but giving a copy to a friend is a good deed for the day or something.

As far as copy protection goes, if there's supposed to be one it's a joke. I've saved it onto my comp, made a film edit, and edited it into a DVD rip. Hopefully they won't try any harder on "copy protection" for Ep. III. Or try any marketing gimmicks beyond multiple covers, which don't bother me.

I think it WAS limited in Europe, only there were so many copies it might as well have been NOT limited. Because now I see more and more copies WITHOUT the bonus track . . .

So no one knows HOW MANY COPIES exactly . . .?

P.S: I REALLY love "On the Conveyor Belt". Most bonus tracks (not necessarily from JW) are unremarkable, but this one is arguably one of the best cues JW wrote for the film (a shame Lucas didn't include it in the final cut) . . . a short section thereof can also be found on the Across the Stars-music video, which was how I came to love it in the first place.

:wave:

There is a sticker on the keepcase. Or you could ask to listen to it before buying. The bonus track is track 14. It DOES NOT appear in the track listing on the back cover.

That's because in Europe it was never really limited.

We are way down south but we still are Europe.

I cannot find it in stores anymore, i just find Episodio II: El Ataque de los Clones score.

And it was never easy to find here...

Thanks to Wal-Mart I got a screensaver. ;)

Justin - Wondering why the Sony executives think a crappy screen saver is equal to one of the best cues by Williams of the whole score.

Yeah, WMP. What the heck, man??

Justin

Well,after trying out a few hundred media players to organise my music on my PC(each hardware I bought came bundled with one for some reason ),I find WMP 9 is my favourite one.And WMA files sound better than MP3's and equal to AAC files.

K.M.

People that don't like the AotC score suck.

Kidding, but being as sarcastic as the AotC haters because I'm sick of hearing it. AotC hands down is my favorite Williams scores in years.

And I bought one copy at Wal-Mart (didn't have the bonus track) and traded for pressed copies of all the covers, gimmicks, and also bonus track. So, in all, I own 5 copies and a CDR of the promo. And the DVD-extract. And I don't care if anybody hates it, because I feel compleely opposite to that sentiment.

I'm neutral to AotC. I don't hate the score or praise it. I do love parts of it here and there though, and the love theme is one of my favorite pieces of recent years.

Ray Barnsbury

I REALLY love AoTC.

Across the Stars is one of the best love themes by JW, Chase through Coruscant and On the Conveyor Belt are some of the best action pieces . . .

AoTC is certainly one of the best JW has produced in recent years . . . but then again, which score by JW isn't?

That's because in Europe it was never really limited.

We are way down south but we still are Europe.

I cannot find it in stores anymore, i just find Episodio II: El Ataque de los Clones score.

And it was never easy to find here...

You should move to Madrid, then.

-Ross, who actually uses "Spain" and "Madrid" as sinonyms. Weird.

I had a dream that John Williams went back and rescored (scored for the first time) the battle of Geonosis music.

Then I woke up and cried softly into my pillow, with badly edited music from a dream from the previous night playing in the background.

Do we have to go over this again, in Europe this CD was released with copy protection, which really does not work.

Well - I really hate to differ and I have mantioned this on a previous thread, but the Copy Protection sure works on my PC......I have tried allsorts to do it - from taping round the edges, various ripping programmes, old CD-ROM Drives, you name it, I've done it......with no success whatsoever......the only thing I haven't tried is the apparent trick with a marker pen - but I don't actually know what I should be doing with it! (no funny suggestions, please people!!!!!!)

Greg

I use a normal audio cd ripper for all my CDs, and none of them have failed me yet (from Avantrix if you're interested). It coped fine with the LOTR scores so there's no reason it shouldn't handle Star Wars.

I too get really angry about this sort of thing. It's reasonable for record companies to not want us to copy our CDs, but to prevent them playing at all on a computer is simply an invasion of our rights :music: I mean they encourage us to use legal download services, which go onto our computer, but then they tell us that music we've physically bought can't go anywhere, even with the huge popularity of Ipods!

Do we have to go over this again, in Europe this CD was released with copy protection, which really does not work.

Well - I really hate to differ and I have mantioned this on a previous thread, but the Copy Protection sure works on my PC......I have tried allsorts to do it - from taping round the edges, various ripping programmes, old CD-ROM Drives, you name it, I've done it......with no success whatsoever......the only thing I haven't tried is the apparent trick with a marker pen - but I don't actually know what I should be doing with it! (no funny suggestions, please people!!!!!!)

Greg

You could always buy a component CD Recorder for your stereo system and then record the CD digitally to that and then rip the clone to the computer. Cumbersome, but it works.

Neil

I use a normal audio cd ripper for all my CDs, and none of them have failed me yet (from Avantrix if you're interested). It coped fine with the LOTR scores so there's no reason it shouldn't handle Star Wars.

I too get really angry about this sort of thing. It's reasonable for record companies to not want us to copy our CDs, but to prevent them playing at all on a computer is simply an invasion of our rights :music: I mean they encourage us to use legal download services, which go onto our computer, but then they tell us that music we've physically bought can't go anywhere, even with the huge popularity of Ipods!

Hmmmm.....this interests me.....since I have not come across any problem whatsoever with the LOTR Scores (Track 4 of ROTK - Barnstorming stuff!!!!).....have not come across Avantrix before, but have just found it on the web and will let you know if I have any success.....

.....but - just to check - does your version of AOTC indeed have the moniker "Will not play on PC/MAC" emblazoned on the front cover? Or are there now versions available in the UK without copy protection?

Neil - have not come across the components you are suggesting.....if I get that desperate I'll give it a thought, though! Unless, of course, anyone would be willing to do a trade....

Hmmmm.....this interests me.....since I have not come across any problem whatsoever with the LOTR Scores (Track 4 of ROTK - Barnstorming stuff!!!!)......

The ENHANCED CD portion of those scores can make it dufficult for some CD ripper programs.

Last night I tried ripping then with iTunes, went veeeerryyy slowly.

I've quite happily ripped all 3 LOTR CD's using Windows Media Player - with no delays, no hiccups, no entering track titles by myself, no nothing - straight forward and simple....(and, before I get slated for using WMP, the newest update has one or two somewhat useful features which suit my needs very well, thank you very much!)

.....just goes to show how slight differences in hardware make a lot of difference, doesn' it?

.....no luck with AVANTRIX - back to square one..... :music: