• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that.the gay awards?

K.M.

That's not very nice.

John Williams is not known to be a necrophiliac, if that's what you're asking.

You know what they say. He wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac.

When does the Kennedy Center Honors air?

December 21st.

Here's an article with more info about last night's concert: http://washingtontimes.com/metro/20041206-...22729-8264r.htm

Hmm ... Steven Spielberg introduced JW, Itzhak Perlman performed the theme from Schindler's List and Leonard Statkin led the U.S. Marine Band in a medley of JWs best scores.

It's nice to know that my speculations weren't too far off the mark after all. :)

Yes he looks pretty thin indeed. Another thing I've noticed is the way his voice sounded in that NBC featurette (but also in the very short "Terminal" interview). It sounded, well as my mum sad, like fading away.... :) ...she said that in such a sad way..

But when rehearsing the Orchestra for the NBC News theme his voice is just as clear and present as it has always been.

The man's getting in shape. I think that's is a good sign, not a bad one. I think his voice is just hoarse, he's not sick or anything. He's got good genes on his mother's side. I wouldn't worry about it.

An alum from my university is a trumpet player in the President's Own. Wow, what a job.

He's an amazing player, well-deserved. He also is one of the taps players for Arlington National Cemetery.

I'd love it if the Marine Band would release a recording of their 205th anniversary concert with Williams last year. :) Who knows, they have a couple of releases every year.

It'll be neat watching JW's reactions to the tribute, if he gets teary eyed, etc. That's my favorite part of Kennedy Center Honors.

And seeing the whole place give a standing ovation, at the end of tribute, turned back toward him clapping and cheering.

That will be awesome.

HP 3 is as fresh a score as JW's done.

Epsecially the parts that are reminiscent of Close Encounters and the sections lifted from TPM and the "Sinfonietta for Wind Ensemble". :)

Neil

The man's getting in shape. I think that's is a good sign, not a bad one. I think his voice is just hoarse, he's not sick or anything. He's got good genes on his mother's side. I wouldn't worry about it.

I agree,he does not look sick to me,it's more like he's in better shape or something.Maybe he's working out to maintain his conducting agility.

For those that didn't get it,I thought his medal looked like the gay pride flag,not that Williams looked effeminate or anything like that....

K.M.

For those that didn't get it,I thought his medal looked like the gay pride flag,not that Williams looked effeminate or anything like that....

Yeah, that's something that really needed clarification. :roll:

Neil

I agree,he does not look sick to me,it's more like he's in better shape or something.Maybe he's working out to maintain his conducting agility.

K.M.

Trust me - it's the other way around! You don't work out to conduct, you conduct to work out!! It's much more physical than it looks......!!!

[For those that didn't get it,I thought his medal looked like the gay pride flag,not that Williams looked effeminate or anything like that....

Metrosexual.

My local news show a little bit of the pre-event, and Williams does look like a bit trimmer these days. There weren't really any on-camera interviews since the anchor talked over the brief footage. You could briefly see him doing one of that surpised looks as he walked in with his wife.

We really should mourn the day he retires not when he dies, since what we will miss is not the person but the music.

My cat lost a lot of weight before he died (and no Neil, we did not forget to feed him.)

I would never make a joke at the expense of your cat.

Neil - cat lover

I won't worry about Williams health until:

a. We get official word of something wrong.

b. He starts cancelling public appearances for no official reason. Always a sign of failing health.

He looks very good for a man of 72 years. And his work has not suffered. :(

Well, his dad died relativley young. Supposedly, his mother is still lucid at that age, and I think these things tend to coem from the mother's side.