Troy Rejected Score Track List

Dean1700

Does any one have a track list for Yared's Troy.

I have seen a scan of the rear cover and compared the CD (that I have at least) the times are all out of sequence. Either the times are out of sequence with the tracks on the scan or the tracks on the CD I have on the CD are out of sequence.

:? I'm so confused :?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the track list I have:

1) Approaching the Greeks 2'32

2) Achilles's Destiny 5'44

3) Opening 3'59

4) Achilles and Boagrius 3'48

5) Sparta 2'01

6) Helen and Paris 1'46

7) D-Day Battle 4'52

8) 7000 Ships 3'32

9) Mourning Women 1'27

10) Achilles and Brisies 5'33

11) Battle of the Arrows 7'10

12) Greek Funeral Pyre 2'21

13) Hector! Hector! 3'37

14) Achilles and Hector Fight 4'39

15) Hector's Funeral 2'26

16) The Sacking of Troy 7'48

17) Achilles's Death 8'50

18) End Title Song 4'38

You have all set me straight now. My thanks to you all. :)

It is the same as what I have as well, save for a few seconds on the times of each track. I just had to be sure. That's all.

BTW it's fantastic music too, far too good to have been rejected for what ever petty reason why it was.

That's what I have, but I saw one that first that had all really short track times, it almost fooled me.

Must have been the cues from his site, I guess.

I know of two versions (excluding the one with the clips), and both have great sound. So either one is a safe bet, either way you get what is IMO one of the finest scores ever written.

I know of two versions (excluding the one with the clips), and both have great sound. So either one is a safe bet, either way you get what is IMO one of the finest scores ever written.

Absolutely. Check out the latest issue of Film Score Monthly if you want a detailed analysis of the music.

Yared's Troy is a very good score, but i'm perplexed that so many people consider it ONE OF THE BEST SCORES EVER WRITTEN!

It it because it was tossed so everyone became were defensive about it?

It's good, but it's no TESB or TMP.

Don't write in capital letters...

You broke the MB rules.

I hope Neil bans you for this!

"HI, I WANNA DOWNLOAD THE MP3 OF THIS SCORE FOR DOING MY OWN BOOTLEG, WHERE I CAN GET THEM

Yared's Troy is a very good score, but i'm perplexed that so many people consider it ONE OF THE BEST SCORES EVER WRITTEN!

It it because it was tossed so everyone became were defensive about it?

One of the best ever written is a wider classification than one of the two best scores ever written. It's a score that strikes me as one of the best. Recently, there have been maybe one or two of those a year.

Absolutely. Check out the latest issue of Film Score Monthly if you want a detailed analysis of the music.

Could someone scan this? Pleeeease?

Could someone scan this? Pleeeease?

I could do it tomorrow.

And the audio quality is excellent.

Okay, I scanned it, but the attachment quota is full (plus I'm not sure on what the policy is regarding copyrighted magazine scans). Any suggestions, anyone? It's 4 page scans, about 300-400 KB each. (To say I'm all thumbs in this type of stuff would be a huge understatement)

If you love FSM so much, you should encourage sales and not freely redistribute their articles. If people really want to read it, they should preferably buy the magazine or as a last resort PM Morlock for the links.

Neil

I think the score is very good, much better that Horner's version or Vangelis' take on Alexander, but it does suffer from some lack of originality. But it's a great score, I listen to it very often.

Steffy Weffy said:

You're right. Cue for cue it's SUPERIOR to TESB and TMP.

That's a bad way to try and get people to like the score.

Justin

Steffy Weffy said:

You're right. Cue for cue it's SUPERIOR to TESB and TMP.

That's a bad way to try and get people to like the score.

Justin

Worked on me! And so well, that it worked retroactively!

I think the elements in Yared's score are the same in TESB and TMP; fluid melodies, bold harmonic progressions and a uniform developement of thematic material. Yared's Troy isn't like 90% of the scores we hear today which are the equivelant to aural wall paper. His score is musical and dynamic, much like early Williams and Goldsmith efforts that attracted generations of music lovers toward film scoring. While I don't think Troy is "better" than TESB or TMP, it certainly is on par with them and is leagues ahead of anything I've heard out of Hollywood in years. And this has nothing to do with the fact that it was rejected. It has everything to do with the quality and care that went into composing the score.

I love the score. BUt it's not even in the same league as ESB. A score that reaches that level isn't just great, it belongs to the stars.

Well everyone has their own opinion about music but from an objective standpoint based solely on the construction of the music (harmony, melody, rhythm, orchestration, variation) there hasn't been a lot out there since ESB or TMP that can boast the same compositional prowess. When is the last time you heard a 4 part fugue with the level of chromatic passing tones that worked that well in a film score? Hmmm, Jaws' Shark Cage Fugue maybe? Point is, there aren't a lot of examples where a composer went to the lengths Yared did to paint a perfect picture of an ancient civilization. I'm with Thardavenport on this. Troy is brilliant. And I don't use "brilliant" that often.

And having heard Vaneglis' ALEXANDER, it is a complete insult to Yared to mention his score with Vangelis' piece of trash in the same sentence.

I have, it works gloriously. I am working with a friend on an acceptable mix of the movie with Yared's score. Hopefully, we'll be able to spread a few files around with cue times in order to prove conclusively how amazing the score is as music and as a film score.