Hook is 13 Today

Lurker

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home Alone's anniversary was celebrated along with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Close Encounters of the Third Kind on November 16.

Neil

its an ongoing process Neil.

besides it gives me a reason not to acknowledge the other movie you mentioned

I thought Hook was good, but I agree with Ray, the score was better than the movie. I think Home Alone is a better movie than Hook, and I love both of the scores.

~Sturgis

It's a good movie for kids, a touching ending, and a top-notch score. Home Alone is hilarious, and the music is good. Harry Potter. Oh well, at least we got some Williams music from it.

You think Home Alone is hilarious, yet you despise Harry Potter? That's a good movie for kids with a touching ending and top-notch score. Actually now that I think of it Harry Potter's just Home Alone minus the slapstick and with wizards. Put it down to Columbus' direction, and Kloves' "screenplay".

MM - Who doesn't like the first two HP movies, but thinks they're good kids movies with top notch scores.

Home Alone conflicts with certain points of view held by me. I don't consider grown men being hit in the groin and practically tortured by a preteen very enticing. What am I talking about, of course I do! I'd definitely go see "Man Getting Hit In Groin By Football" if it was ever made.

If this is regarding the forbidden R word (ending in eligion) then I see no discussion of it happening, but is that the only reason you dislike is, Chris?

Neil - who would never punish a child by showing them Hook

No, you'd punish them by showing them the uncut Star Trek:TMP.

I loved Hook when I was a kid. It's a good movie for kids up until about 10 or 11.

Indeed.

Neil - who would never punish a child by showing them Hook

No, you'd punish them by showing them the uncut Star Trek:TMP.

I would never do such a horrible thing to an innocent child. I'd show them The Director's Edition which is only four minutes longer than the theatrical cut and eight minutes shorter than the "Special Longer Version".

Neil