TJ Poll #6: What you would prefer?

John McClane

New CDs or new DVDs?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Complete Indiana Jones Sountracks (an expansion of what we already have)
    • Another version of the DVDs, but now with the Iso-score (so we can have the film versions of the cues)

I voted for option 2, since there are a lot of alternate versions in the films, and I'd love to hear them in a decent quality!

Plus we could watch the scenes with only the music...

You could vote for option 1, if you want new releases of the OSTs with new concert versions and album versions. I think this will be the winning option, althought this mean to hear to different versions. This option is for me is close behind to the first, since I'd love to have both!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to vote for option 1, because I'd really love to see the soundtrack of the Indiana Jones trilogy . . . with all the concert versions, alternate cues, and album versions. Kinda like with the original Star Wars trilogy or the expanded Superman release. An isolated score is okay, but only when there are decent soundtracks to go with the movies . . .

THIS is when decent soundtracks go with the movies...

And if they're release the CDs, they really have to put all the alternate versions and the source musics too.

I voted for option No. 1.

I hate having to pull out a DVD and going through menus just to listen to isolated scores. Plus, there is no way I am going to buy the DVD again because I hate buying the same movie twice. I really want these scores complete on CD.

Any word yet of when it's gonna happen? LucasFilm is now holding back the expanded releases of the Indiana Jones-films as well as the REALLY ultimate editions of TPM and AoTC. Shame on you Mr. Lucas!!! (Let's hope he will come to his senses after the release of RoTS)!

:thumbup:

Drax, this wasn't intended like those DVDs with scores hidden in some menu, just a regular isolated score, like The Bone Collector or The Last of the Mohicans...

TJ - Still thinking another Indy DVDs-set is worth buying (even if is just for the music...)

What do you mean a lot of different versions? It's not the Star Wars trilogy.

There's only a couple of things I can think of:

- the removed reflection of the snake for the DVD (Raiders)

- the removed arrow bouncing off of Indy for the DVD (ToD, unconfirmed)

- the removed line by Donovan about the finest Jewish families in Germany (LC, not seen since the theatrical release)

The choice is easy. Complete releases of the Indy scores are long overdue, particularly the last two. There is only one option to choose here, and that's option no. 1

- Marc

EDIT: Sorry, I misread your post. You were talking about alternate music I now realise. It struck me as very odd the first time around.

But obviously, a complete release should have the music as written by Williams (no silly edits), including any alternates he may have recorded.

the removed line by Donovan about the finest Jewish families in Germany (LC, not seen since the theatrical release)

Not true.

I've seen many vintage prints (I've even built and shown one) and the line as heard on home video is the same.

Neil

Option 1,the completes soundtracks on c.d.

But if they released another DVD set with iso scores and no c.d.'s,I'd buy the DVD's again

K.M.

that's what I was meaning.

Option 1. A good producer will put those film alternates on a complete CD release.

I think you mean:

Option 1. A good producer MUST put those film alternates on a complete CD release.

or

Option 1. A good producer SHOULD put those film alternates on a complete CD release.

I hope something will happen after Indy4...

Mr. John Williams, please prepare to write another amazing Indy score...we're already waiting! :mrgreen:

Drax, this wasn't intended like those DVDs with scores hidden in some menu, just a regular isolated score, like The Bone Collector or The Last of the Mohicans...

Hidden in some menu? Dunno what that means. No, I truly dislike having to go through menus, chapter stops and moments of silence just to hear what I want.

You don't have to go through any menu, just start the movie and select the 2nd English language, when you're watching the film.

I hope you understand. There's some DVD that have the iso-score as an easter-egg, but many DVDs (I repeat my example, The Bone Collector) have this credited and you can choose this feature in any moment when you're watching the film, without stopping or pausing it.

I was meaning I'd love to have complete Indy scores on CDs, but if they don't release them, and release another DVD-set, I will buy them and extract the iso-score.

Come one, it's easy...I know you have understand!

Tommy, all 3 Indiana Jones films have the music edited down or altered to some degree, iso scores would contain these edits.

Also, the soundquality on CD's is simply better.

All 3 Indiana jones scores should be re-released ala Superman the Movie, the complete score + a load of alternate cues.

Were are Redman & Mattesino when you really need them? :music:

Of course, Stefan.

But it would be still better than nothing!

I would like to have at least the DVDs.

But obviously having both complete CDs and DVDs with iso-scores would be perfect!

And yes, Redman and Matessino please get out!!!

Matessino also did the '97 SW SE, so where the hell are you?!?!?!

All 3 Indiana jones scores should be re-released ala Superman the Movie, the complete score + a load of alternate cues.

Except they should be issued as hybrid SA-CDs, remastered in DSD.

Neil

I'd rather wait for a CD release than have the isolated score right now. The volume changes and edits are enough to ruin the listening experience, even if someone did the ripping and stuff for me.

Besides, who would choose the DVDs over the CDs anyway? It was a silly question to ask.