RotS vs. WotW

Josh500

RoTS opens May 19th, WotW on June 29th. It's a really tight schedule, especially if WotW requires an almost-two-hour score (like I assume). I wonder whether JW has already started making sketches for WotW. . .

Also, has anyone seen the original WotW? Who wrote the music for that movie? I don't think JW will reuse any of the old material, but it would be interesting to compare the two of them.

:thumbup:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you?

the reason I ask, I bet that I've seen the 50's War of the Worlds more times than your age.

Indeed the schedual is tight.I hope Williams doesn't rush RotS for this.RotS is a very important score to me and for Williams legacy.I'm still a bit miffed at Spielberg to suddenly decide to break all film making speed records to get this out in june when it could have easily been a late summer release,especially since he knew Williams was busy.For this decision both score will suffer.Lets hope RotS is not too much altered after Williams score is written,because obviously he won't have time to correct it.

k.M.

How old are you?

the reason I ask, I bet that I've seen the 50's War of the Worlds more times than your age.

And yet you refuse to let him in on any information he's asking for.

has anyone seen the original WotW? Who wrote the music for that movie?

Leith Stevens.

This schedule is really no different then what happened in 2002 with AOTC and MR.

Neil

How old are you?

And yet you refuse to let him in on any information he's asking for.

you assume I knew, which I did not.

but he asked if any of us had seen the original, and I told him I did.

any other problems ross?

has anyone seen the original WotW? Who wrote the music for that movie?

Leith Stevens.

This schedule is really no different then what happened in 2002 with AOTC and MR.

Neil

That's not reassuring.

K.M.Who thinks AotC suffered a lot because of this schedual

AoTC sucking has nothing to do with the schedule, it's because of the movie and Lucas sucking. And besides, he would've recorded the score in Febuary no matter what, and only worked on Minorty Report afterwards.

I think Williams is capable of producing two amazing scores, REGARDLESS of the tight schedule. Why does more time automatically mean better scores? Do we not trust him?

How old are you?

I'm 23. No, I have never seen the original movie, but I'm considering reading the book by H.G. Wells now.

I think Williams is capable of producing two amazing scores, REGARDLESS of the tight schedule. Why does more time automatically mean better scores? Do we not trust him?

I agree completely. I think 2002 was a major year for JW, having produced 2 of my all-time favorite scores, namely AoTC and Minority Report (actually 4, counting CoS and Catch Me). I don't think either score suffered because of the tight schedule, and I think that, as JW grows older, he is capable of working at a faster rate. I truly admire him for that. Just because AoTC was a bit of a dud, that doesn't mean the score was bad. In fact, I think Across the Stars is one of the best tracks ever in the Star Wars saga, on the par with Princess Leia's Theme or Imperial March.

I think 2005 will be (hopefully) a reprise of that year, with 3 scores by JW -- RoTS, WoTW, and Memoirs of a Geisha.