WOTW: I have a bad feeling about this...

Sandor

If anyone's capable of scoring two of the biggest sci-fi movies ever in one year, then it's JW.

In one year yes. Virtually at the same time; I doubt it. Both films require a huge, detailed scoring job and since Williams, unlike other composers who compose 5 or 6 scores over a 10 month period, has always avoided conflicting schedules.

Roald

Not necessarily. The scoring sessions for RotS are in February, so by that time JW has already completed the entire 2 hour score. That gives him at least two months to write the score for WotW, which will open in June 29. It's a really right schedule, admitted, but if anyone can pull it off, it's JW. I just can't believe that Spielberg will not go to his long-time collaborator and friend JW for his big-budget sci-fi movie, after doing E.T. and CE3K with him. Let's hope for the best.

:mrgreen:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody's freaking about Williams not scoring it. What about Janusz Kaminski? According to the teaser trailer, you could ascertain that the film has no Director of Photography, as well as no score. Now...can you see the most expensive movie ever made being made with out a DP or a score? This is Spielberg. We're talking about two of the three most cherished positions of his films (the third being Mike Kahn's editing). Don't censored your pants over nothing, folks.

Don't censored your pants over nothing, folks.

Even for the joke I initially thought it was, this thread is going on for too long. Can we discuss actual things now?

Everybody's freaking about Williams not scoring it.  What about Janusz Kaminski?  According to the teaser trailer, you could ascertain that the film has no Director of Photography, as well as no score.  Now...can you see the most expensive movie ever made being made with out a DP or a score?  This is Spielberg.  We're talking about two of the three most cherished positions of his films (the third being Mike Kahn's editing).  Don't shit your pants over nothing, folks.

THIS movie is not the most expensive movie ever made, that myth was debunked a while back, its the most expensive movie Spielberg has made, but its budget is nowhere as high as next falls Harry Potter film which is reportedly the most expensive ever made.

It's obviously not the most expensive movie because they don't have to pay JW's salary! More inarguable proof that Williams is not scoring this picture! :thumbup:

Justin

Do I care?

if you want to be a valued member here, you must care, so it has been written, so it shall be done.

John- who just saw yet another commercial for the premier of 24- Day 4.

I'm looking forward to this. I feel each Day has been better than the last. They have to shake things up a lot for this new one though - there are only so many times the same crap can happen to the same guy.

Oh Yeah, Joe and you are great examples of friendship towards new and young fans... specially with SW  :roll:

Both have earned the right to be demeaning and beligerent to the new people here.

And they earned the right to use "bad" words.

This new one has not.

And they earned the right to use "bad" words.

Steef, Steef, can I curse, can I curse?!? Please tell me I can curse!! :nono:

Oh, wait a minute, what's happening here? :?

Now everybody will tell "Don't curse or you'll be banned again!" (censored getting banned!)

Well,if that can help,none of the teaser posters for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone had Williams name on them,and that was at the same time the first teaser came out with Williams music.Since also at that time also Williams name was not even mentionned anywhere on the WB official website,it led to threads like "Did Williams compose the trailer music?"

K.M.