WOTW: I have a bad feeling about this...

Sandor

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you guys yammering about? OF COURSE John Williams will score WotW. Do you really think Spielberg will go to someone else after making E.T., Close Encounters, A.I., and Minority Report with Williams??? I don't think so.

:roll:

P.S.: Don't worry about the tight schedule. By February 2005 JW will have completed the whole 2 hour score for RotS, and WotW opens on June 29!!! That leaves him plenty of time for WotW. (Remember, JW wrote the score to Jurassic Park in 2 months.)

P.P.S.: It'll be a snowy day in hell before Spielberg goes to Zimmer. Trust me on that. :)

Everybody knows it Josh. ;)

That's why this is a useless thread. :)

There's no need to be worried about this...Spielberg and Williams had too much collaborations and succes together, this will be the next.

Then straight to INDIANA JONES 4!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Just revealing my "deepest anxieties" as KM joked, and since avatars are our main form of expression here, rather than clothing...well, you get the picture. Hopefully.

Ray Barnsbury

I picture most JWfans as intellectual,emotionally complex,brooding individuals with somekind of tragic history,so that's why we need collective therapy.

K.M.

It's a psycological thread.It permits us to deal with aour deepest anxieties.

8O

No,that avatar makes you look like a pedophile,as pointed out in the "nocturnal activities" thread. :mrgreen:

LOL

I picture most JWfans as intellectual,emotionally complex,brooding individuals with somekind of tragic history,so that's why we need collective therapy.

8O :mrgreen:

King Mark rules!

This is definitely NOT a useless thread. King Mark turns every useless thread in a "this should be sticky" thread . :mrgreen:

And by the way Ray, your avatar doesn't make you look fat, but the sick children need a doctor IMO. :P

Nice. But not really enough to form an opinion yet. Kaminski's photography appears to be looking gorgeous as usual, though.

Yeah Kaminski's is.

Still no word from Johnny though

:angry:

Roaldino

As said on the main page of www.gsamusic.com (The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency, Williams' agents) : JOHN WILLIAMS ... recent films include Steven Spielberg's 'The Terminal' starring Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones ... look for Star Wars: Episode 3 in May of 2005 and Spielberg's War of the Worlds in June 2005.

Nice. But not really enough to form an opinion yet. Kaminski's photography appears to be looking gorgeous as usual' date=' though.[/quote']

Yeah Kaminski's is.

Still no word from Johnny though

:sleepy:

Roaldino

His agent seems to think he's scoring it though.

BTW, she's beautiful, Roald.

His agent seems to think he's scoring it though.

I may sound like a bitch, but I'm still not convinced until I see Williams credited on the official War of The Worlds website or any related official poster or trailer.

BTW, she's beautiful, Roald.

I've never met his agent, but if you say so.

Or do you mean.....?

Thanks Stefan! :)

Roald

I just received direct confirmation from the "War of the Worlds" unit publicist that Williams is "definitely" on the film. Like many of you here I wouldn't have believed differently until I heard, but some of the talk here was freaking me out so I wanted to know stat. :)

I'm sending this info into Ricard in a minute so everyone can put it in the bank. Between Williams' agent and the key publicist on the film, I think all doubts should be vanquished now.

I just received direct confirmation from the "War of the Worlds" unit publicist that Williams is "definitely" on the film.

Steven, your report only says "Williams". Film crews have hundreds of workers. There's bound to be another person on the crew with that last name. Even worse, what if the publicist misunderstood you and thought you said "William"? Again, there is bound to be at least one William working on this movie. I'm afraid your attempt to calm this situation has only raised more doubts and even more questions. We may never get a straight answer on this!

Neil

I know you're kidding, Neil, but for those who would still not believe it, the publicist referred to Mr. Williams as "John" (I merely say Williams as a sign of respect and deference I've never had the pleasure of meeting him.) It'll be interesting to see if we get any serious reactions like the one you comically posted though...reading all of the panic was driving me frickin' nuts?the core reason why I finally broke down and wrote to ask this possibly inane question of the production. :)

I just received direct confirmation from the "War of the Worlds" unit publicist that Williams is "definitely" on the film.

Yes, the movie will have the songs of Robbie Williams.

Hey I've just received confirmation that Williams won't be scoring the film, because Tom Cruise has fired Spielberg as director

and has hired Stephen Sommers instead. Looks like Alan Silvestri will be scoring.

I could kill the child in your avatar, if you want.  

Do so then go to jail and be some guy name coco's bitch.

That little exchange was the funniest thing I've seen in a while. So . . . random. :happybday:

Ray Barnsbury

TJ needs to go back to the Homer-as-Indy avatar. Much more befitting his personality.

John- watching the antics of Dr. Zoidberg, my favorite Futurama character. LOL

For all we know there could be 5 John Williams signed on for this thing. Not the most uncommon name.

Perhaps Spielberg had a momentary lapse of reason and hired the guitarist "John Williams" to score the film.

TJ needs to go back to the Homer-as-Indy avatar. Much more befitting his personality.

Duh.

My personality? You mean Indy the great archeologist or Homer the great stupid donuts-eater? Or Homer the great stupid archeologist?

Or Indy the donuts-eater archeologist?

I changed it bacause I was sick of see my avatar in bad quality!

If someone can fix it to fit our avatar's size-limits, please PM me! Thanks!

index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=download&id=676

But sometimes I will change my avatar again...I'm still searching for a cool Guybrush avatar.

And, before anyone ask it...Yes, I stole my new avatars at the Raven Bar Message Board?!!!

Too bad that only who have more than 100 posts can get avatars like my actual one. I have only 75 posts there. I don't post there anymore because everytime I started a thread about the music of Indiana Jones, only few people were interested in the discussion. :?

I registered there on January 31st, the same day I registered here. But here I posted a little bit more.

I found this on www.spielbergfilms.com:

-Confirmed: Williams to score ?War?

John Williams fans should breathe easy as despite his lack of credit on the film?s teaser one-sheet and trailer, Steven Spielberg?s long-time composer is indeed on the film. We received direct confirmation of Mr. Williams? involvement from the ?War of the Worlds? unit publicist, so make room on your CD shelf for Williams? score (his 24th collaboration with Spielberg to date) and sleep easy tonight.

Besides his work on ?War of the Worlds,? Williams will also be scoring the Spielberg-produced ?Memoirs of a Geisha? and George Lucas? final ?Star Wars? installment ?Revenge of the Sith? during 2005.

Hmmm....that's one way to kill of the excitement in this thread isn't it?

I may sound like a little focker now, but.......I'm still not convinced.

Yeah, yeah, call me a pessimist or a wacko, but what do agents and "unit publicists" REALLY know? Aren't they just basing their statements on ASSUMPTION instead of actual CONTRACTUAL PROOF?

I just to see Williams' name on an official poster or credited on the next trailer. THEN I am convinced.

Roald

Heh.  I think we need a Steven Awalt-esque insider for GoF.

I noiminate......Steven Awalt!!

Neil

I can't see him in that role, I doubt his ability to stretch that far.