WOTW: I have a bad feeling about this...

Sandor

I found this on www.spielbergfilms.com:
-Confirmed: Williams to score ?War?

John Williams fans should breathe easy as despite his lack of credit on the film?s teaser one-sheet and trailer, Steven Spielberg?s long-time composer is indeed on the film. We received direct confirmation of Mr. Williams? involvement from the ?War of the Worlds? unit publicist, so make room on your CD shelf for Williams? score (his 24th collaboration with Spielberg to date) and sleep easy tonight.

Besides his work on ?War of the Worlds,? Williams will also be scoring the Spielberg-produced ?Memoirs of a Geisha? and George Lucas? final ?Star Wars? installment ?Revenge of the Sith? during 2005.

Hmmm....that's one way to kill of the excitement in this thread isn't it?

I may sound like a little focker now, but.......I'm still not convinced.

Yeah, yeah, call me a pessimist or a wacko, but what do agents and "unit publicists" REALLY know? Aren't they just basing their statements on ASSUMPTION instead of actual CONTRACTUAL PROOF?

I just to see Williams' name on an official poster or credited on the next trailer. THEN I am convinced.

Roald

I bet when it finally is revealed in the trailer that Williams in scoring it, you'll still not believe.

"Did Williams put together that trailer? Spielberg has no idea who's scoring the film, what does he know?"

Max-Enjoying a surprising closing of school due to snow

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet when it finally is revealed in the trailer that Williams in scoring it, you'll still not believe.

"Did Williams put together that trailer? Spielberg has no idea who's scoring the film, what does he know?"

I'll believe it when I have the CD in my hands!

Nah, I'm just joking. I'll believe when John Williams is credited on the trailer reel.

Although, how do we know then if it's OUR John Williams? It could in theory also be that guitar dude! OH NO the agony!

Nah, that's me joking again.

Anyway why are we still discussing this? We all now know that ....

....Tha Zimmer is coming!

Roald

That's the question that's been bugging me since page one.

And still you keep reading it untill the fifth page! Wow, that takes stamina! ;)

Roald, who doesn't invest time in things that irritate or "bug" him...

That's the question that's been bugging me since page one.

And still you keep reading it untill the fifth page! Wow, that takes stamina! :D

I'm in training for the priesthood.

And I really couldn't believe the topic hadn't changed yet, so I kept checking.

*six months from now*

Well, it was a great score, but how do we know John Williams wrote it? There are plenty of people who can imitate him well, Clint Bajakian for example, perhaps one of his imitators is actually named John Williams!

LOL

Reminds me of when the Ep. II OST leaked a few weeks early and people were wondering if it was real and was really Williams.

John- counting posts till the first "that's because it sucked" comments. :roll:

John- counting posts till the first "that's because it sucked" comments. Rolling Eyes

I may be one of the few who actually liked the Episode II score. I still think the Love Theme is among the best Williams ever wrote.

Roald

I'm sorry to intrude on your little party dance, but uh, this is kinda old news boy.

I already posted this (and my - according to Ender "extremely paranoid to a pathological level"-behaviour) reaction too! :D

Roald

Uuuhhh... Did you also read my 'putting up the white flag', YET skill skeptical reaction?

Something's still nagging me a bit on this one. I don't know...

Well, maybe it's just me being "extremely paranoid to a pathological level" :D

Roald

Uuuhhh... Did you also read my 'putting up the white flag', YET skill skeptical reaction?

Something's still nagging me a bit on this one. I don't know...

Well, maybe it's just me being "extremely paranoid to a pathological level" :folder:

Roald

Your paranoism is frightening. ROTFLMAO

P.S. Hey, wait, here's a thought. What if John Williams won't score RotS, now that he's decided to do WotW. Probably James Horner will take over at the last minute and score RotS instead. How about that.

LOL

Are you not bothered by the very simple (even simplistic) orchestrations, not to mention that "militaristic" passage in the middle of Across The Stars that seems to have no relation to the actual love theme, or the OATC score what so ever?

Are you not bothered by the very simple (even simplistic) orchestrations, not to mention that "militaristic" passage in the middle of Across The Stars that seems to have no relation to the actual love theme, or the OATC score what so ever?

I'm so glad Williams didn't again used the same structure and thematic approach he used on Leia's Theme, Superman Love Theme, Marion's Theme, Han Solo And The Princess, E.T. and Me and Luke and Leia. I hope you understand what structure I'm refering to. These pieces are, ofcourse, very different in a melodic sense.

Across The Stars is more straightforward, more "Hornerish", but not in bad way. I love it's simplicity (and the orchestration works fine with me!).

The militaristic passage is brilliant! It makes the piece more profound and when the theme repeats itself after this passage it comes out so effectively and strong.

Williams clearly wrote a theme in the same vain as Francis Lai's Love Strory or a Maurice Jarre piece. It's different; it's what Hollywood regards a Love Theme to be. The middle passage makes it actually deviate from becoming too simple, too cliche if you will.

Roald

Luke's Theme?????

I can give you the notes of the two pieces, but they are really very unalike.

The Superman Theme or E.T. Flying's Theme have MUCH more in common with Luke's Theme.

Not to mention Korngold's King's Row! ROTFLMAO

Roald

AOTC you mean...the love theme is great, but not JW's best love theme, which we all know is the one from Raiders! ROTFLMAO

*sigh*

Don't just listen to the notes, listen to the length of the notes and the intervalls.

There is an interesting similarity there that most people that have a musical education just seem to miss.

That's why I pity you people.

ROTFLMAO

At least we got Roald to shut up about Williams not doing WOTW.

Believe, no one is more happy about that than me! :)

Roald

Williams will be doing it as TJ said, but only because Patrick Doyle isn't available.

oh, I understand now...but this has nothing to do with JW.

BTW, what time is it in your part of Australia? Here it's 3.15 AM so I should already be sleeping. :P

EDIT: it's about 3.55 AM, but I still should be sleeping. :mrgreen: