1941 in New Jersey!

Lurker

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine this happening too often, but the original (inferior) 118 minute cut of 1941 will be playing in New Jersey next month at the Union County Arts Center on January 29 at 2:30 in the afternoon.

Neil - who will do his best to go to that

And you dint greet Hook for its Birthday?!

Shame on You

, but the original (inferior) 118 minute cut of 1941

:mrgreen: The originalinferiour cut.I must be misreading.

K.M.

1941 was a notoriously troubled film. After the sneak preview, the release date was delayed a month and the movie was significantly cut. A good 30 minutes was edited out, only to be restored for television. Then in 1996 this longer cut was released on Laser Disc. This longer, superior cut, is what is on DVD. Some of the funniest bits in the film have been restored, such as Wally staging the phony air raid to steal the zoot suit and the entire sequence where the Japanese sailors are disguised as Christmas trees. You can read about it here.

Neil

You know I don't think I ever saw this extended version.I should have bought the DVD when I saw it for 14.99$ last year.Arrggh,Plus,I'd have gotten the iso score(which I do have on cdr)

K.M.

Plus,I'd have gotten the iso score(which I do have on cdr)

Keep in mind there is music on the album that is not on the isolated score track. And also there is a ton of tracked music in the movie (mainly to score the re-instated sequences).

Neil

• 4 weeks later...