The Official "Merry XMas and Happy New Year" Threa

John McClane

Hi!

Someone has to do this, and I wanted to be the first!

So, I wish everybody a wonderful Christmas and a great 2005!! :)

:nod:

What are you going to listen Saturday morning?

For me, it's easy:

1 - Home Alone

2 - Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (Varèse Sarabande Expanded Edition...Thanks Chris!)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Hmmm...Saturday morning listening...I'll be at mom's so it will probably be Celine Dion or something equally ear piercing.

I'll be at mom's so it will probably be Celine Dion or something equally ear piercing.

:nod:

BTW, Adoy, your avatar isn't working. Oh, if you don't have the Windows "red-cross-in-white-box" error as avatar! :)

Good thread, TJ. I'm in such a festive mood nothing could dampen my spirits at the moment!

Merry Christmas to everyone at JWFAN.net. I can't wait till tomorrow when I open at least two Williams scores - two I know about for sure, I may get more.

One thing is for sure...you guys are quite entertaining.That made for a very interesting year 2004.As for Xmas presents...i could only ask for one CD ...official Spacecamp release,since it's the only Williams official release i'm missing.

You guys are a fun bunch for sure.

Happy holidays to all

Richard

Merry Christmas, everybody. And Happy New Year as well. It has certainly been a fun year. I'm glad I finally joined the discussion here, and I look forward to the future. One more Star Wars score to go, folks. I can't wait! 8O

Santa is here again, yes!  

LOL

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all JWFans, especially those who have expressed their greetings to me offline. You guys are great!

Ray Barnsbury

Its Christmas, not x-mas.

and Merry Christmas to everyone, and I mean everyone, not just the Christian members here.

Awful.... what makes it worse... is that my labtop ac adaptor sucks and is broken where any slight movement would break the connection, and stop powering the computer. Once this happens, it takes about 15 minutes of maneveuring the cord until it works again.......

Mich got up to take a shower (we are going to family in a little bit), and left the remote on the other side of the couch where I cannot reach it without moving the computer and therefore having the trouble noted above.

Long story short........ I am now being forced to watch crappy MTV programming!

It wouldn't be so bad if they played music videos again.....

and not crappy hip hop music, but good music......if there is such a thing anymore these days...

2004 was a fantastic year. I got to meet five members of JWFAN at a concert in Boston.

I got to listen to two John Williams scores in theaters. One of them was delightful. The other impressed me more than unimpressed me.

I finally got into a relationship that is going to last.

So I am very misty about seeing 2004 go. But I'm very much looking forward to 2005.

I'm going to get two John Williams scores in theaters.

I'm going to move out of Albuquerque.

I hope to actually meet JW post-concert and get my "Empire" CD book autographed.

As they say in the UK, Happy Christmas!!!!

Jeff

It's Midnight here...and so is for the people here from Austria, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal...

...Italy...

...and I'm listening to Home Alone 2 right now... :spiny: :|

Mirko

Mich got up to take a shower (we are going to family in a little bit), and left the remote on the other side of the couch where I cannot reach it without moving the computer and therefore having the trouble noted above.

Long story short........ I am now being forced to watch crappy MTV programming!

Why don't you just get up and turn off the tv via your own power? :|

Justin

Taking a little break from cooking for tomorrow's festivities here at the house. Merry Christmas everyone... OK, back to cooking and getting the house ready.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all (and Happy Birthday soon to me! :|)

This will be a memorable year internet wise for me because I joined the board here, met some wonderful friends, and found the joyous world of film score fans!

I have learned so much from you guys, and gotten a real kick out of ya'll!

Now wrapping presents in preparation for tomorrow, with Home Alone 2 Deluxe and James Newton Howard's Peter Pan in the CD player!

Warm holiday wishes and thought go out to all my JWFan.net family- praying for safe travel for those traveling and lots of happy times with family.

Happy Holidays!!

-Greta :spiny:

Now wrapping presents in preparation for tomorrow, with Home Alone 2 Deluxe and James Newton Howard's Peter Pan in the CD player!  

Terrific scores! I'll have to find out what you think of the JNH one. :|

As an update, so far I've gotten two scores this Christmas: Edward Scissorhands and Heartbeeps!!! Oh yeah, AND A 20G iPOD!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Barnsbury

As an update, so far I've gotten two scores this Christmas: Edward Scissorhands and Heartbeeps!!! Oh yeah, AND A 20G iPOD!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the iPod, man! :|

Ozzel - who still needs to get Heartbeeps

Terrific scores! I'll have to find out what you think of the JNH one. :|

Ray Barnsbury

Indeed. :spiny:

Alas, that thread-turned-chat-duet has faded into obscurity. But that does not change the fact that Fairy Dance ROX!!

Happy Christmas All! beerchug

Diskobolus

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, ASSORTED HOLIDAYS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM CHRIS & AU!

Why not say your birthday gifts if they are related to Johnny T.? :D

- My mom got me the new Sony Star Wars CDs, although I already listened to them via CDRs. I'll keep these sealed as collector items. ;)

- I got myself Fitzwilly/Long Goodbye and Tom Sawyer CDs (Thanks for the help, Mirko!). If anybody was thinking about skipping Fitzwilly because of the Tsunami release... DON'T! For one, the sound quality is tremendous on the Varese edition, and also the recordings sound ALOT different. They may not even be the same, although I must admit, I haven't heard the Tsunami in a long time. Not to mention that the Tsunami CD is considered a bootleg by many, so get the legit release! And Long Goodbye is really nice too! I loved the piano track! Only heard the theme song by Williams & Harry Connick Jr. before. I didn't listen to Sawyer yet, as I've said before, although some people may not agree with me... I just get those "Arranged and Conducted by Williams" CDs for completeness sake... I don't care for them all that much.

Chris, Who plays John Williams' two Christmas Boston Pops CD albums all day before and during Xmas! Along with some Home Alone and Home Alone 2....

PS- BTW, As far as I saw in the Dictionary... X is a symbol of Christ, an alternate of the cross, so X-Mas is still appropriate and not offensive to this Christian at leas tand not nearly offensive as the exclusion of the word entirely. It's easier to type too. :joke:

Yes...the title was "The Official Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thread" when I started it, but I had to edit it because it was too long and he word "thread" was cut. Now I have a "threa"...as I've said before, it's better than nothing!

And Chris, did you get my e-mails?!