Favourite short chunk of JW Music?

NickMahon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so many of them...

I like the "Fighting Donnellys" reprise in the Far and Away End Credits...I like the part when Superman takes off from Lex's lair after Miss Tessmacher takes the Kryptonite off...I like the Sail Barge Assault (aka "The Return of the Jedi")...the British porter rifles from Temple of Doom...the pool flashback in Minority Report...the dinner table scene from Jaws...the catamaran race from 2...the beginning of the land race in F&A...the chase through Coruscant in AOTC...

Like I said...so many

The last 2 minutes of Hedwig Theme. 2 minutes of pure exciting frenzy.

Two that i love are from Saving Private Ryan, track 2 Revisiting Normandy from 1.50 to 2.50 and from track 3 Omaha Beach for the first 3 mins 30 secs.

Of course there are hundreds of others - i'm sure Minority Report will find it's way in there once i get it - it only comes out on 8th July in UK.

I agree - a very hard question to answer, so I don't think the results can be taken as too reliable a reflection of people's actual tastes. That said I have a contribution to make. Off the top of my head, one 'chunk' that has always blown me away is "Attacking a Star Destroyer" from The Empire Strikes Back (Track 3, 1997 Special Edition 2CD soundtrack). It's sensational.

CYPHER

The last 2 minutes of Hedwig Theme.  2 minutes of pure exciting frenzy.

LOL. I knew as i scrolled down to reply to this, someone would have already put my choice down. Those few minutes are simply incredible. And i suppose those closing seconds of Adventures on Earth too. That sudden ending stop into silence sends shivers up my spine.

Luke looking at the binary sunset from Star Wars. Second is in Superman when Clark Kent is about to leave home. Yea, I love big, sweeping moments.

bruckhorn :) Saving Private Ryan

1941, in "Battle for Hollywood" where the tank with Aykroyd and the army guys starts moving and there is a small march/fanfare replete with Williams signature "major 7th" chords in the horns and strings, taken over by trumpets for a brief qoute, and never heard again.