JFK suite rerecording

chs058

I'm looking for a rerecording of the JFK suite as published in the signature edition.

Is there any?

I'm talking about the traks:

Theme from JFK / Motorcade (4:45 and 3:55) played together, or the Theme alone and

Arlington (6:25)

Thaks for information

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a rerecording of the JFK suite as published in the signature edition.

Is there any?

I'm talking about the traks:

Theme from JFK / Motorcade (4:45 and 3:55) played together, or the Theme alone and

Arlington (6:25)

Thaks for information

There is no oficial recording of the suite available. A couple of live recordings exist with variable quality.

Miguel,

thanks for your answer, I just decided to get the original recording.

However, I wonder why some of the signature edition published suites have not been rerecorded and published, JFK is by far not the only one, Far and Away, The Patriot, Harry Potter 1 Children’s suite I remember. Are there any more?

The Harry Potter 1 Suite was recorded by Williams when the first film score was recorded. He mentioned a future release including naration, but there's been no mention of it in the years since. I'm hopong for a Harry Potter trilogy suite release.

And two or three pieces from Angela's Ashes were reported to have been recorded with YoYo Ma at the Cello Concerto / Heartwood sessions.

Maybe we'll have that to look forward to one day.

It is a little surprising that Williams doesn't seem to have recorded his signature editions yet. He obviously is fond of them because he performs them in concert often. (He did release his Born on the 4th and Reivers Suites) The others would be nice to have on CD one day.

And when are we gonna get the phanton Suite with the extended Flag Parade and instrumental Duel Of The Fates??

I heard the JFK and Far & Away suites performed live and although they don't differ significantly from the soundtracks I'd buy them in a second.

There's a nice transition from the JFK prologue into the Motorcade.

Plus the jaunty beginning of the Far and Away End Credits sounds different enough to warrant a purchase.