Williams on a stick

Big John

Congratulations John!  That is much better than the socks that Hanukkah Harry got for me.

Neil

But it's a 6 pack! How can you beat that?

Morlock- who could not imagine a better gift than John's

Not if your gift is a mirror.

:):D44.gif

But then it should be a mirror on a stick. :P

Let me know if you see the third emoticon (the green one...I'm trying an experiment).

Actually I see it. I might choose "show image" by clicking on it with the right button of the mouse if the red cross appear.

I see the red cross everytime I refresh the page.

It's not that important, it's just that I found an Italian MB that has some funny emoticons and I thought it would be cool if sometimes I put some of them here.

Very cool story John!!! You must've wanted to pass out when opening that.

I also think we should get Johnny's picture with a JWFAN mug or something. I mean.... he's why we're here!!

Well... der...

Well, we did make the Hollywood Bowl concert, and it was great fun. Unfortunately, a computer crash took all of my pictures of the event and put them back into the ether whence they came.  :cry:  

BigJohn

Have you tried something like HandyRecovery, Big John? It's Freeware, and only 540kb. I've recovered many files with this utility. You can use it on Hard Discs, Floppys, Compact Flash Cards, etc. If the crash was'nt something "physical" to the drive, then this program is good for rescue (it may even be able to retrieve under even worse circumstances). It can recover most files if they have not been corrupted by new data. And unlike other recovery utilitys, it allows you to choose which ones it retrieves, instead of a general blind retrieve sweep of everything on your drive.

I dont know the full situation with your PC crash. But if it wasn't serious, then give this program a shot anyway. Because it's worth a try and costs you nothing. I've used it on Digi camera cards when photos were lost accidentally, and on hard discs to recover files i thought were history from a couple of years ago. Using it is simple and self explanatory. Just analyze the media you want, C: D: G: etc, and it will reveal all the traces of files that it can usually retrieve. Below is the main site to download it from. But be sure to download the Free version (which is 1.0) , and not the Shareware version (2.0) which the site promotes primarily.

http://www.handyrecovery.com

Good luck

Have you tried something like HandyRecovery, Big John?

Thanks for the tip, but it was a bonafide, screeching, crap-your-pants head crash. I'm fairly well-versed in data recovery, but was completely unable to do anything with this drive. It was under warranty, so they replaced the drive, but not the data. I'm on Macintosh, so my suite of utilities is different.

It was my own fault for not backing up the pictures. Bad John. :angry:

BigJohn

Very cool story John!!! You must've wanted to pass out when opening that.

That's for sure! I was all teary - but I'm not sure if it was from the laughing or from the excitement. It was probably both!

BigJohn

Thanks for the tip, but it was a bonafide, screeching, crap-your-pants head crash. I'm fairly well-versed in data recovery, but was completely unable to do anything with this drive. It was under warranty, so they replaced the drive, but not the data. I'm on Macintosh, so my suite of utilities is different.It was my own fault for not backing up the pictures.

Oh dear. Total disaster then.

But "Always look on the bright side of life" (as they say)

Thanks for the tip, but it was a bonafide, screeching, crap-your-pants head crash. I'm fairly well-versed in data recovery, but was completely unable to do anything with this drive. It was under warranty, so they replaced the drive, but not the data. I'm on Macintosh, so my suite of utilities is different.

Get a Mac.

Oh...wait a minute....you bought a Mac, it's like choosing your own death. ;):P:sigh:

Of course I'm joking, but I don't have a Mac, so I can't help you in this. :)

But, still, wonderful gift. You opened it, and you see your face. Without having a mirror as gift. Cool. :spiny:

• 10 years later...

I never saw this topic the first time around.

What a cute story, Big John!

I'm insanely envious of everyone who has gotten or still gets the opportunity to take their personal pic with Williams (I only have a selfie where he's signing autographs in the background), but this was something even more special! :)