Complete Cutthroat Island release imminent!

Ok I'm a bit biased when it is about Struzan's art :mrgreen: But the white border on the original poster is part of the artwork, not just 'empty space which can be removed'.

Chris, did you get my e-mail?

It's not necessary for me - I like the score, but it's a bit much as it is with one CD. Of course, this is a good thing for the numerous people who want more so I have no problem with it. As Marc said, no one's forcing anyone to buy it.

Ray Barnsbury

IS this REALLY neccessary?  

I mean the score already out has like 75 minutes of music. The music left over would be incidental music pretty much.

I, like many, don't have the OST. So, yes. 'Tis.

Justin - Wondering why he doesn't have the OST... :devil:

The artwork says "Complete Original Motion Picture Soundtrack", so I guess it's complete.

Oh well even The Phantom Menace Ultimate Edition said something like that... :roll:

YES! Better late then never, right?! :) I listened to those sound clips and saw the great track listing... a slew of bonus tracks too. *shudders with joy* ;) Too bad I don't have the money yet to preorder... saving up now. :)

I want to get this, complete, yay! I don't have the OST but I love what I've heard. Awesome score.

If it's not limited (whew!) I will wait a bit though, as it comes to $30 USD total. (Blame it on EBay.) :)

Greta

I would like to hear the tracks they are adding in before I consider buying this. Be nice to evaluate whether its worth buying the expanded release for.

Wonder if there will be any way to do this?

The track list looks fine to me. Me being a fan of the film (I know, the movie sucks, but its because its so bad that I like it. And hell, it does have a lot of explosions... even though canon balls don't really explode on impact now do they? And flesh-made maps also don't change size from small to big to small again in real life as well do they? Hmm...), this track list also appears to be in chrono order of the film. This is very much a good thing to me, the order on the OST was kind of all over the place. Anyway, I have watched the film several times just to hear the music not on the OST (which is more than you think). The most cut music is of course for the giant battle at the end, and the missing parts are AMAZING. There's this part where Morgan and Dawg are battling each other on the masts of the ship and this great choral and almost frightening version of the main title is played. GREAT stuff. Even the Carriage Chase theme is woven into the climax (when you hear it, it goes with a part where this pirate is trying to break this guy's arm with the steering wheel of the ship... I guess Debney used the Carriage Chase theme there because the wheel reminded him of a Carriage? Hmm....).

Anyway, so the unreleased music is worthwhile, if nothing else for the rest of the battle music (about 7 minutes presented on the OST, in this 2CD it's 17 minutes, although it throws in the 'dawg's demise' track too to make it continuous. Do the math). There are other noteworthy cues too that I can't wait to hear without SFX and dialogue, but I'll save off my analysis of those. :baaa:

Well I sent my pre-order to buysoundtrax yesterday, and tomorrow is the day they said they would ship on their site! Luckily I live in California as does the soundtrack company, so I should be getting it a day or two after it is shipped! Woo hoo! :) If anyone wants to know what I think of it once I get it, I will be sure to tell ya.

My copy showed up today. I expected more from the liner notes, since we are told, for instance, that there is another "Carriage Chase" on this album, we just aren't told what it is just that it was previously unreleased. We're also never told what "The Wedding Waltz" is. The music is very good though and I'm glad I have this. I just wish I knew what everything was on it.

Neil

Instead of typing this BS, IMHO, you need to have a reality check and mail Luc van de Ven to ask him in person.

BAT

Yes, it sounds as good as the original release as far as I can tell. I haven't done any critical listening yet, but it still sounds good. One of my friends says music may be missing from this though. We'll see.

Neil

Really? Still missing music possibility? Well I sure hope not, or they are false advertising aren't they? Well, I own the movie and know most if not all the music cues in my head, and judging by the track listing, it seems pretty complete to me. Once I get it I will do a breakdown and match it against the movie to see.

Even if it is missing some music, it couldn't be THAT MUCH or anything too worthwhile. I mean look how much is on there NOW, and bonus tracks even. Btw, speaking of bonus, any significant difference between the original Carriage Chase track and the alternate version?

• 14 years later...

There are slight differences between the two expanded sets. I noticed Prometheus doesn't have a choir in one cue.

Prometheus:

La-La Land:

Karol

Irony. I already like it. :)

4 minutes ago, crocodile said:

There are slight differences between the two expanded sets. I noticed Prometheus doesn't have a choir in one cue.

Prometheus:

La-La Land:

Karol

Nice. I sometimes like less epicness. There's also a cue on the Prometheus release with choir, I think, where the film version of the cue was without.

16 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Irony. I already like it. :)

Good! Goooood!

16 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Nice. I sometimes like less epicness. There's also a cue on the Prometheus release with choir, I think, where the film version of the cue was without.

Indeed the choir in the completest release is very cool.

But it's also sometimes over-the-top in an already over-the-top film score.

The Prometheus release really makes for a good listen.

Slightly less epicness, but certainly with more than enough remaining.

And the complete Battle track without interruptions is completely glorious.

I honestly cannot say which of the three official releases I like best.

Really, every single one of them has its positives.

And I'm glad to have them all.