2005: Which movie are you anticipating most?

Sandor

2005: Which movie are you anticipating most?  

39 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sin City
    • War Of The Worlds
    • Star Wars Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith
    • Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
    • The Chronicles Of Narnia
    • King Kong
    • Harry Potter And The Goblit Of Fire
    • The Island
    • Batman Begins
    • Land Of The Dead

I'll go with Revenge Of The Sith. I hope Lucas will deliver all the goods and redeem himself in a way. Let's make this forgive him for the dire first two installments of his prequel trilogy. I still have faith Lucas is able to make the uber-better-than-Empire-strikes-back-Star-Wars-film!

Roald

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a tie between RotS and WotW, closely followed by Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (in my humble opinion). I cast my vote for WotW . . . Steven Spielberg still makes my heart beat faster!!!

:sleepy:

The program offered in this poll is a little too one-sided. I'm not really waiting for any of them. But since Bale is Batman I will vote for Noolan's flick.

- Tim Burton´s Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

- Steven Spielberg´s War Of The Worlds

- John Mctiernan´s Die Hard 4.0

:sleepy:

I voted for Harry Potter.......... but it's a tie between that WOTW, and ROTS.

Interesting way of voting... if everyone had voted that way in the last election, Ralph Nader would now be U.S. President :sleepy:

However, i chose RotS

Harry Potter, though I admit I am a little excited about "Land of the Dead". Also, isn't Sam Raimi directing both an Evil Dead remake AND sequel this year? If so I hope Bruce Campbell will be back as Ash. It's about time!

What is The Island?

ROTS, simply because it means I will be out in California when it opens.

Why are you going to be in California in May?

Also, isn't Sam Raimi directing both an Evil Dead remake AND sequel this year?

No, he is doing neither in the near future.

What is The Island?
Lincoln Six-Echo (McGregor) is a resident of a seemingly utopian but contained facility in the mid 21st century. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the "The Island" - reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones whose only purpose is to provide "spare parts" for their original human counterparts. Realizing it is only a matter of time before he is "harvested," Lincoln makes a daring escape with a beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta (Johansson). Relentlessly pursued by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

Directed by Michael Bay, written by the guys who wrote a bunch of Alias and the Goonies 2 video game, and the guy who wrote Beyond Borders. Music is by Steve Jablonsky. Has the destinction of being the first Michael Bay movie not produced by Jerry Brookheimer. It's a Dreamworks production, and supposedly Spielberg had something to do with the studio buying the script and developing it.

Actually scratch that. The films I'm most looking forward to this year are Terry Gilliam's "The Brothers Grimm" and "Tideland". Two films in one year! Go Terry!!!

Tideland I believe is set for release in 2006.

More importantly, why do you care?

Why is that more importantly? Everyone knows I'm stalking Neil, and waiting until he leaves his realm of power, New Jersey. He's got magical powers in the realm, but is inept out of it. Kind of like Malcom McDowell in ST VII. Everyone's source of power is NJ.

If you were from New Jersey, you'd know that anyone leaving the state is suspect.

Morlock- who was actually just curious

Making the most out of a bad situation.

Neil

Roald, did you really think someone's gonna give his vote to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory???

Nah, but did you see the trailer to Tim Burton's film? It looks quite good.

Roald

Goblet of Fire, then War of the Worlds,

Chronicles of Narnia is supposed to be a tv movie, so it doesn't count.

I will be excited to see Rots when the digitization gets closer.

I voted for Harry Potter simply because Chronicles of Narnia is a Disney movie... And they haven't turned out any really good, memorable movies in awhile. I'm looking forward to a teaser trailer for it. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory looks so odd that I think that I will like it. Johnny Depp looks cool in it. But as of now, Harry Potter tops Narnia. Star Wars will be very good, I am sure. And I'm sure that the score will be very good too.

Nice to see some people look forward to Harry Potter more than a JW scored movie.  

K.M.Who voted for RotS by a mile

Well, look at the series' track records. One doesn't have any really sucky films. One has at least two.

Ray Barnsbury

Why is that more importantly? Everyone knows I'm stalking Neil, and waiting until he leaves his realm of power, New Jersey. He's got magical powers in the realm, but is inept out of it. Kind of like Malcom McDowell in ST VII. Everyone's source of power is NJ.  

If you were from New Jersey, you'd know that anyone leaving the state is suspect.

Neil is transferring all of his NJ powers over to me.

Our NJ secret is out Neil.... we must kill them.

Neil is transferring all of his NJ powers over to me.

Our NJ secret is out Neil.... we must kill them.

Relax Mr. Yecks. Morlock, as much as it pains me to say, is a fellow New Jerseyite.

Neil

RotS, mostly because of the score. And Palpatine. I'm not a big fan of the prequels, but from what I've seen I think Palpatine's revelation/duel stuff will be REALLY cool.

RotS has a lot more sets and modelwork.

Yeah? From what I've seen it's even more bluescreen than the last one...but please enlighten me here, after all I don't pay too much attention to the prequel production.

GoF for me, and then Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. A bit of a non-event for movies for me this year.

You see Josh someone actually DID mention Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (which in old Dutch is called 'Sjaakie en de chocoladefabriek' (for those who like know interesting stuf like that))! :happybday:

Roald

I saw the original a few weeks back, and I've seen the trailer to Burton's new version. I actually am looking forward to this, and I'm wondering what Johnny Depp will do with the character. At first I thought he looked a bit too young for Willy Wonka, but when I saw the old film and the way Wonka was portrayed there, I think Depp could do this as well. If he gives another Jack Sparrow performance it should be a hoot. :happybday:

- Marc, to whom one of his earliest memories of reading is reading Sjakie en de chocoladefabriek. :ola:

the best Tim Burton film of this year will be THE CORPSE BRIDE

Didn't people say his Planet Of The Apes was going to be the greatest film of all time?

Roald

Yeah, that looks great too. Even though the image you posted isn't working. :happybday: I've seen some pics of this and it looks great. Sorta like Nightmare Before Christmas

GoF for me, and then Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. A bit of a non-event for movies for me this year.

What? A fellow Whedonite that doesn't mention Serenity? ;);)

I didn't mention it above, but I'm looking forward to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. The original has stood out in my mind since childhood, and Depp is always great.

Also, isn't Sam Raimi directing both an Evil Dead remake AND sequel this year?

No, he is doing neither in the near future.

What is The Island?
Lincoln Six-Echo (McGregor) is a resident of a seemingly utopian but contained facility in the mid 21st century. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the "The Island" - reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones whose only purpose is to provide "spare parts" for their original human counterparts. Realizing it is only a matter of time before he is "harvested," Lincoln makes a daring escape with a beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta (Johansson). Relentlessly pursued by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

Directed by Michael Bay, written by the guys who wrote a bunch of Alias and the Goonies 2 video game, and the guy who wrote Beyond Borders. Music is by Steve Jablonsky. Has the destinction of being the first Michael Bay movie not produced by Jerry Brookheimer. It's a Dreamworks production, and supposedly Spielberg had something to do with the studio buying the script and developing it.

Actually scratch that. The films I'm most looking forward to this year are Terry Gilliam's "The Brothers Grimm" and "Tideland". Two films in one year! Go Terry!!!

Tideland I believe is set for release in 2006.

Thanks for all the info Morlock. What have you heard about the new "Evil Dead" films? All I know is from a single line in last month's Total Film magazine. It said it looked like Raimi was going to do them next. I'm giddy as a schoolboy...

just watched the trailer for Kingdom of Heaven, looks interesting enough even with Bloom being the lead.

Max- :D Hymn to the Lost and Living - Eric Ewazen

just watched the trailer for Kingdom of Heaven, looks interesting enough even with Bloom being the lead.

Yeah, that trailer is good. Since Gladiator is one of my favorite films I hope Ridley Scott can repeat the succes he had with that film.

Roald

What? A fellow Whedonite that doesn't mention Serenity?

I actually don't know much at all about this movie. I only found out it existed the other day! Shocking, I know, but since the departure of Angel I've been less and less in touch with other Whedonites/Whedon-related sites. This'll definitely be my most anticipated; Whedon is an extremely clever writer and an amazing director.

Whedon is an extremely clever writer and an amazing director.

I was really excited when he was assigned to write Alien:Ressurection. But to be honest, I was really dissapointed with the finished film. I didn't find the screenplay to be clever at all. In fact, the direction of that french dude had a lot of flair (I mean, this guy made the fanastic City Of Lost Children!), but the story just didn't go anywhere I wanted a new Alien film to go. The film upsets me even more than Fincher's Alien3.

Roald

P.S. The last season of Angel was exceptional!!

I think it helps that Joss has a lot of freedom with his writing. I mean, "Buffy", "Angel" and "Firefly" are all his brainchilds - all characters he made and the basic story of each season is his. Ressurection was a sequel so it automatically constrained his writing. Or maybe he just did a bad job. But it's hard to say that as I worship him; I much prefer defending him and making excuses.

Chronicles of Narnia is supposed to be a tv movie, so it doesn't count.

Just for clarification's sake, No, Narnia is definetely NOT a made-for-tv production this time around.

-Matt

Just for clarification's sake, No, Narnia is definetely NOT a made-for-tv production this time around.

Didn't want to look like an idiot, but I was also sure that Narnia was going to be a cinema flick until Joe "corrected" me. I guess I was right all along! :D

I think it helps that Joss has a lot of freedom with his writing. I mean, "Buffy", "Angel" and "Firefly" are all his brainchilds - all characters he made and the basic story of each season is his.

And those are FANTASTIC! I have always loved Buffy and Angel! Firefly proved to be one of the most amazing series around (too bad it got canceled!)

Roald