E.T. Will Have An Isolated Score

Lurker

According to DVDFile.com, Universal's 3 disc set of E.T. - The Extra Terrestrial will have an isolated music track in addition to footage of Williams conducting the score at the premiere. This is very exciting news!

Neil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the greatest film Spielberg has created Morn.

3 glorious discs.

I will be in heaven.

Joe

And btw Joe, shouldn't you put your country somewhere in there? Not everyone non-US knows it's every state. And where is Arkansas anyway?

One disc with the Special Edition, one disc with the original version, and one disc full of extras.

Marian - who likes these news.

8O Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

One disc with the Special Edition, one disc with the original version, and one disc full of extras.

Marian - who likes these news.

:o Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

Is that true?? IT IS COOL!

I would agree with you guys but I don't have a DVD player. Although I am glad you guys are happy. :o

Justin -Who probably should get a DVD player...

Here's the complete information:

Steven Spielberg himself [gave] some details of the forthcoming E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial Ultimate Edition, which will arrive in stores on 10/22. This planned three-disc set will include both the original 1982 theatrical release version and the 2002 20th Anniversary Edition, each on their own separate discs, plus a third disc of extras. The supplements will include hours of additional materials (some which may be familiar to the recent NBC television special that aired in March) including a number of featurettes, all-new interviews with the cast, crew, and Spielberg, outtakes, deleted scenes not included in the new version, making-of material on the new special effects, rare archival footage, excerpts from the fabled E.T. Anniversary premiere with John Williams leading a 100-piece orchestra, and Williams' complete score isolated on the DVD.

Sounds awesome!

And btw Joe, shouldn't you put your country somewhere in there? Not everyone non-US knows it's every state. And where is Arkansas anyway?

Ok Morn I live in America. You know that. And of the 50 United States of America I am from the 25 state of entry. The state from which President Bill Clinton was from. We are bordered by Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana. We are not quite the dead center of the continential states but we are were the eye falls as center. We are about 400 miles from the nearest ocean, which is the Gulf of Mexico part of the Atlantic.

My house is visible on the internet via satelite photo. It is real cool.

This is indeed a great day.

We all learned that the DVD release of E.T. will have both versions and an isolated score (PAY ATTENTION LUCAS), and Morn learned where Arkansas is.

I like this idea of giving the choice of which film we can see.

DVD's producers are getting the point now. We have a choice.

Also with the Wicker man DVD they have included both versions.

Of course,3 discs are for making money as the main idea.

But i still support it if it gives us the choice of versions to watch.

I hate to think how much this set will cost though....$50+ appx?

I hate to think how much this set will cost though....$50+ appx?

I am assuming you are talking 50 USD. Anyway, I doubt it will be over $40, and probably closer to $30, at least when it's first released and places have a discount. TPM, AI, and Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail (Special Edition), all 2 DVD sets, were all under $25.

There is a gorgeous cue in E.T. when E.T. and Elliot are in the living room of Elliot's house, all strapped down to the beds and covered with sticky tubes and such. The point when Elliot stretches his hand out to E.T. and begins to tell him not to leave is a beautiful cue that isn't released.

Dan - who was a crying idiot during those scenes

:mrgreen: "Viewing Daedalus" from SpaceCamp