AotC Not Ripping to My Computer?

Josh500

Does anyone else listen to JW on his/her iPod? I got my first iPod mini just yesterday and was about to transfer all my JW CDs onto my computer so I can transfer those onto my ipod. Everything went fine at first until I came to AotC. That CD is not playable on PC or Mac!!! Which means I CANNOT listen to AotC on my iPod!!! This is so annoying. Now I've got almost 30 JW CDs in this tiny thing except for AotC!!!!! :cry:

Does anyone know a way around this? How can I listen to the music to AotC on my MP3 player, anyway? It can't be impossible!!! Please help.

8O

P.S. This question has maybe (probably) been asked before and if so, I apologize, I just didn't feel like going through all the threads right now. Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both the AOTC CD and an iPod and I have had no problem converting the CD to MP3 and listening to that score in iTunes or on my iPod! However, there is a way to get around this... that's if you don't mind doing a real time anolog transfer of the score to your computer.

-Erik-

The European CD is copy protected. There are workarounds to beat this. If you have a CD recorder in your stereo system, you could record this digitally to a CD-R or CD-RW and then rip that on your computer.

I'm editing your subject title, since loudly proclaiming what you said is not accurate.

Neil

Thanks for the responses.

Get this. The first time I tried, it didn't work. The second time, for some reason I don't know, it DID work. I think I didn't wait long enough the first time. I'm really glad it did work out in the end. (Now I've got close to 25 JW-CDs on my iPod, including AotC!!!)

:)

I love the way many of the morally-aloof members will share cracking and piracy techniques when it suits them, but not when they feel it conflicts with their ideologies. Not dissimilar to giving track names to curious uber-noobs who are clearly about to skip off to P2P to get said specific tracks. I wish we could drop the double standards and allow people to acquire music however they will - though I understand if you don't want such illegality paraded on this straight-and-narrow forum. Guess we ought to stop talking about cracking rip-protection then, no?

I was implying that some break the laws they feel are just to break, and deride others for breaking laws put on place for identical reasons.

Erm...well as much as we don't like it, cracking the copy protection on AoTC. And when somebody asks "Whats the song where luke stands infront of the suns?", somebody will happily tell them it's "Binary Sunset" - do you think they then go out and buy the whole album?

And, of course, the acceptance that bootlegs are the only way to get some unreleased music, when they are just as morally and legally unsound as downloading an entire commercially-released album without paying for it.

I can understand why it is legally unsound.

But i dispite the fact that it is morally unsound.

Also, this is a JW forum.

If someone comes he and asks about that music were Luke stands in front of the suns, are we supposed not to answer this question because it is possible this person will download that cue from somewere?

If that is so then you might as well close the MB.

We are entitled to make backup copies of our CDs, obviously josh has the original CD, so it is not illegal to rip it and use in in another media format or device.

Luke, who does not feel guilty for having CDRs of out of print CDs. If the companies do not care about them (and dont want to continue pressing it), why should they care of how i got it?