The New WotW Thread

diskobolus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean same sponsors, Luke?

Anyway, I find it funny that the Ben-Hur-like teaser poster is so similar to the 1941 one. Weird, because, other than their scale, there's nothing that ties these two Spielberg films together.

It looks to be pretty good, but I notice the extras seem to be stealing the spotlight, as in many of spielberg's films. The man with the wide eyes is pretty funny.

I've never understood why people trash ID4, what is so bad about it.

Its a popcorn film, about the destruction of the earth. Its visuals stand up today,

it features another great quirky performance by Jeff(is watching you poop)Goldbloom, Bill Pullman gives a

really cool speech, Dr. Data is one of the weirdest Dr.'s ever.

Its not a great movie, nor does it try to be, but it is a good movie that delivers the goods.

Therefore, WOTW should be utterly and completly diffrent.

Justin - Who is not going to reveal his opinions on the film ID4 other than saying that it is completly mindless and has a soul made of popcorn and that soul has been eaten away by the millions of people who seem to love the film.

Thank you.

Yes, but will it succeed? Hm? Hmm?

I'd rather have a good film than a popular one.

Justin - Who thinks goodness comes first. Popularity is just a perk.

It was something of a rethorical question, you know. I have faith in Spielberg, and I believe he'll make a better film than Emerich did. But I don't know if it'll be as enjoyable upon repeated viewings as ID4 is. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

- Marc, who will wait patiently and will enjoy seeing.

some of us think its good, certainly as good as a certain web swinging superhero, or so green oger, or some animated superhero family.

some of us think its good, certainly as good as some animated superhero family.

Sorry you're wrong. That's not just my opinion that 100% fact. :spiny:

Justin

Justin, your attempt at humor and irony is lost on me, wait till you get to puberty then try again. beerchug

Joe, who really hopes War of the Worlds is really good, even great, even bigger than Revenge of the Sith.

btw Justin, I've nominated you for the Family Channels Brat Camp. Say goodbye to your piercings.

Some of the posts in this thread have been edited. Large photos are slow to load for members using dial up and they make reading posts difficult because wider pages mean more scrolling horizontally.

Neil

Have to bring up one more point from the old WOTW thread of infinite paranoia:

Roald, your last response made me laugh out-loud. Perfect witty capper to all the insanity! :thumbup:

And I love the pictures that we've seen for the film so far (responding to comments of suckitude from above). I've seen folks all around the Internet complaining about the fact that we've seen no aliens, hardware, etc. We've seen no more than 6-7 photos from the film so far, a film that is still four months away. Nothing like kicking delayed gratification out of bed from the get-go.

Me, I'd rather wait to have some horrifying reveal of the aliens when I see the film. The pictures we've seen so far are great (imho), since there's a lot of emotion in them, I'm getting painfully curious to see just what the hell Mr. Cruise is so awed and terrified of. What ever happened to the tease (and the audiences' love of it)? Folks want the full monty from the get go nowadays. I bet if we had the Web when CE3K and E.T. came out, we'd have had the same kind of "it sucks" comments flying left and right.

Joe, who really hopes War of the Worlds is really good, even great, even bigger than Revenge of the Sith.

Thus spoke the mature byassed Joe.

Didnt you said you wanted to enjoy ROTS (but GL will decepcionate you again) ?

Anyway it is like you were afraid ROTS will be good in the end :thumbup:

Really Luke, I want both to be good, but I want WOTW to be even better, as its a Spielberg film

I think Minority Report looked pretty good, too, but it wasn't the expected box-office hit. I think pictures alone (especially when it's just pictures of Tom Cruise reacting to something sinister) can't tell us a whole lot. But I do believe the movie's gonna be great -- if you consider the other Spielberg-alien movies (CE3K and E.T.) WotW has a lot going for it. But even if the movie turns out to be a flop, I'm sure the score will be a killer.

:thumbup:

Really Luke, I want both to be good, but I want WOTW to be even better, as its a Spielberg film

And just because the other is by Lucas.

Let's face it, you hate the man, and nothing he will do will be done right for you

And just because the other is by Lucas.

Let's face it, you hate the man, and nothing he will do will be done right for you

luke, please get over it,

you are quite wrong, I hope ROTS is good, even great, and makes 400 million+, but because Steven Spielberg is my favorite director of all time, I want his movie to be the bigger hit. It has nothing ot do with Lucas being director of ROTS, it has everything to do with Spielberg being the director of WOTW.

Go Pats,

Joe, who has one former Razorback on each team, but one is on IR, and the other is not.

I actually don't know much about football, but I know that the Eagles and the Patriots are going to the Superbowl, and I know that the Patriots have won two of the past three years, so I'm supporting the Eagles!

Oh, and I know that the Patriots have Tom Brady.

~Sturgis, who usually only watches the Superbowl for the commercials

Justin, your attempt at humor and irony is lost on me, wait till you get to puberty then try again.

btw Justin, I've nominated you for the Family Channels Brat Camp.  Say goodbye to your piercings.

How is this not a personal insult? I may disagree with you on many things Joe but I have never personally insulted you. My comment above was simply meant to point out that no matter how much you disagree with someone, your opinion is still an opinion. The only way that can be changed is a standard by which to judge things. I really don't like to spar with you. Perhaps it is the age difference and I can definatly vouch for my immaturity at times and I do apologize for that, but please try and refrain from personal insults during discussions and I will do my part to try and avoid unnecessary written confrontations in the future.

And go Eagles.

Justin - Who has no piercings.

Justin, it was a joke, you should know to never take me seriously, but I apologize,

and I am glad you don't have any piercing, but you do look like one of the kids on the show, but you don't speak with a british accent. or do you?

joe, who would be in a quandry about the Superbowl if Shawn Andrews hadn't broken his leg.

I just know that I have a 2004 NFC Conference Champs hat sitting on top of my computer right now.

Neil

I know that nobody around here gives a flying squirrel who wins the Super Bowl. As with others, I'll watch it for the commercials if Desperate Housewives isn't on.

Neil cares, and so do I. Unfortunately I am rooting for New England, and he's rooting for the Eagles.

But my main interest is the WOTW commercial.