Star Wars: Republic Commando Soundtrack

Henry B

LucasArts.com is offering fifteen music tracks from its upcoming game, Republic Commando, as a member exclusive. The music can be found here.

By the way, the "member exclusive" is free. You just have to register with LA.com, pretty simple.

Lots of choral stuff, apparently (as I post this I'm only on the second track). And I've already heard a Star Wars theme, the TF march!

According to the MP3s, the composer is "Jesse Harlin."

EDIT: Finished listening. Well, it was interesting, not great to be honest, but it sounds like it'll carry the mood of the game. As it turns out, the TF march is the ONLY Star Wars theme that shows up. And only once.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, for the most part. "Modern" orchestral, if you know what I mean. Most of it's like the Ring Wraith music in Lord of the Rings, or for the theory students here, the monotonous 1-2-b3-4-5 progression. A few tracks have "musical" sound effects, spooky stuff to set the mood.

I am listening. I don't find this music to be appropriate for Star Wars. The trooper designs on the cover are also very non star wars, with their war paint designs.

I dont know if they are SWish, but in the official site (SW, not LA) i think they said the desings were by McQuarrie, so...

Synth music.... YAAARHG...

Luke, waiting to hear the Orchestral KOTOR II

Actually, they were not designed by Ralph McQuarrie but according to the site:

the artist looked to the Ralph McQuarrie-designed stormtrooper suit, which itself had been inspired by samurai armor.  

You can now download the Republic Commando demo from several different sites (just Google "Republic Commando PC demo"). Even though only Kashyyyk is playable, I'm pretty sure it contains the entire soundtrack, judging by the contents of the music folder. By the way, that's Star Wars Republic Commando Demo/GameData/Music. It's in OGG form, so you might need some OGG plugin to read it, but that shouldn't be hard to find. So what I've found so far is:

- lots of music not available for download at LA's site

- a dozen John Williams fanfares/battle motifs followed by moody music

- no previously unreleased Williams music (not that I was really expecting it)

- "On the Conveyor Belt" - Man, game designers love this thing. I always get a jolt when I hear it, but then... "OH! Unreleased music! Er...no...wait."