Hello to all

Harry Potter

Hi everyone,

Yes, I appear to be back, and hopefully I won't disappear anytime soon.

I've been gone for quite some time, but I would like to know what I've missed on this board since I've been gone. Are there any discussions that I should pay particular attention to? Any particular news I need to know?

Thanks, and hope everyone is doing well!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes indeed I heard about that. I'm pretty optimistic about the situation. We've heard Williams's contribution to the series, we all (or most of us) enjoy what he's put forth, and now he's stepping aside to work on something new. I'm pleased, though, that the composing duties are being handed to a very capable composer.

Neil is now moderator. Or did you know that? ;)

Well let's see. Zimmer is scoring War of the Worlds....Giapoopoo is the next Williams....girls acctually post now....

And of course the board suffered through The Illayaraja Wars. But from the rubble rose The Age of Smnol. For more information check out

The Official Record of The Illayaraja Wars.

The Age of Smnol.

The War of The Worlds Conspiracy.

Justin - Who thinks all of these threads are worth reading. :P

I'll read those threads, thank you.

Are there stories behind those names? Just a quick answer, and that will be fine so as to not drag this thread into bad territory.

Tommy and Sturgis are both impressive "newbies" IMO (though Tommy's been here a while I guess).

Welcome back, Potter!  

*cue TV theme song*

Ray Barnsbury

Thank you! :P

Some people got married/engaged.

Johnnyecks, Ren, Roald, ChrisChrusher.

So how was college?

Thanks for the update? Who did what (got engaged, married)?

College is going well... I'm on my last semester of undergrad work. I can hardly believe it! Thanks for asking, though.

Harry, Harry, Harry

dun, dun, dun....

You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!

Justin - Who thinks that Mr. Potter is the evilest man in Bedford Falls. ROTFLMAO

Oh yeah and the board got TommyJohnson and SturgisPodmore!

But we try not to think about that. ROTFLMAO

My gosh, does it not end? :)

And yeah, Tommy has been here longer than I have.

Welcome back, Harry, though I really wasn't here in the days of your... ;)

~Sturgis

My gosh, does it not end?

We only tease the ones we love. If everyone was ignoring you you'd be in real trouble. Besides you're a newbie to the board. Think of it as an initiation.

And of course when I say love, I really mean....tollerate. ROTFLMAO

Justin

Welcome back Harry,

I've missed you!!! You have missed quite a bit here on the board. The latest news is that we are banning together to save the server. .

I am getting married this summer.

you missed the BOSTON TRIP

My gosh, does it not end?

We only tease the ones we love. If everyone was ignoring you you'd be in real trouble. Besides you're a newbie to the board. Think of it as an initiation.

And of course when I say love, I really mean....tollerate. ROTFLMAO

Got it. :) So I just have to do the cliff-diving elephant-related hazing thing, and then I'm a full-fledged member? ;)

~Sturgis

Welcome back Harry,

I've missed you!!!  You have missed quite a bit here on the board.  The latest news is that we are banning together to save the server. .

I am getting married this summer.

you missed the BOSTON TRIP

Congratulations on your engagement!

And what's going on with the server?

I haven't mentioned it yet to the people on this board yet, but ...

I'm also getting married.

But we haven't picked the date yet. The engagement phase is so fun, we might drag it out for a while.

Just kidding. We live in separate states, so we're working on living together first.

And I too am sad you missed the Boston concert. It was great meeting the guys, even though JW never appeared.

:P

Now, in Williams news ...

I'm surprised no one got you up to speed on the Academy Awards:

JOHN WILLIAMS HAS BEEN NOMINATED FOR THE 43RD TIME!!! (yes, I meant to scream.)

And it was for "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," not "The Terminal."

He's up against "Finding Neverland," "Lemony Snicket's ...," "The Passion of the Christ" and "The Village." We've been calcualting odds for the past week on another thread. Check it out, Harry.

Jeff

Well, someone called me, and I anwer...

If you wanna know WTF my nickname means...well it means nothing! I just pick 2 random names out of my dictionary. This was back to the Napster Era, so that's like my second name or something. And, yeah, I liked Magic Johnson, but Michael Jordan is my myth...so you can call me Jordan or Jones, like that famous archeologist.

I'm here from more than a year.

I get ba......oh...

I'm nice. I'm clean. I'm never angry. I'm always hungry. I'm 178 cm height and 65 Kg weight. I got brown hair. I got 2 eyes, 2 hears, 1 nose and 1 mouth.

I like to come here, but I don't know why I'm telling all these things about me. Oh, and my name is Mirko. At least, that's how my parents, relatives and friend use to call me. Nobody outside of here call me Tommy Johnson, since that's my virtual Internet name. I think this post should finish here.

I'm going to bed because it's fuc*in' late. I like the word f*ck but I learned that I might not want to use it that too much here! Sometimes I post funny posts, sometimes someone don't understand me. This "someone" it's happened to be Stefancos very often. But I like him, even I think he think the contrary. And I like his tutorial about DVD rips. It's usefull and I use it because I like it.

Oh yeah and the board got TommyJohnson and SturgisPodmore!

But we try not to think about that. :P

Justin

I think you're a.........funny guy, Justin, for posting that.

End of the post.

Smnol.

I go to sleep. No, I'm not weird because I sleep in the afternoon, it's just that here in Italy it's 1:50 AM...so I go to sleep. Althought I think I already said that.

I go to sleep.

:mrgreen:

Sturgis Podmore is a character from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He was arrested and tried on charges of breaking and entering into the Ministry of Magic. He was arrested during work for the Order, guarding the entrance to the Department of Mysteries.

That's where my name came from.

Some people hate new members for one reason or another, hence Justin's comments. (This is a joke.)

(I hope.) :P

~Sturgis, who is not going to bed, since it is only about 8:50 here in Michigan, the United States of America

I haven't mentioned it yet to the people on this board yet, but ...  

I'm also getting married.  

But we haven't picked the date yet. The engagement phase is so fun, we might drag it out for a while.  

Just kidding. We live in separate states, so we're working on living together first.  

Congratulations! :P

Ray Barnsbury

Tommy Johnson is not a made up name.  He played the tuba on the Star Trek:  Nemesis soundtrack.

Neil - who was "Indysolo" on Napster

Well, I didn't know that. Yeah, it's a popular name with a popular surname, that's all.

Just a coincidence I picked up those 2.

But it wasn't me that played tuba on the Star Trek: Nemesis soundtrack. :P

Tommy Johnson is not a made up name.  He played the tuba on the Star Trek:  Nemesis soundtrack.

Neil - who was "Indysolo" on Napster

Well, I didn't know that. Yeah, it's a popular name with a popular surname, that's all.

Just a coincidence I picked up those 2.

But it wasn't me that played tuba on the Star Trek: Nemesis soundtrack. :|

Then you must have played Tuba in the Spiderman 2 videogame score.

Luke, who just wanted to see the music credits of the game and then came the performers, and tommy johnson was there!

I suppose its the same, the Nemesis one i mean :|