21st James Bond Movie is Announced!

Lurker

I sill don't get what's so great about that stunt,

You must be joking?

Even after nearly 30 years it's still breathtaking, no special effects, no kind of trickery, just a guy on skies with a parachute strapped to his back skying from a huge cliff....

I'm actually glad that only one camera managed to shoot that jump because it would not have looked as impressive it they cutted away to several camera angles.

Now it's just one looong shot. brilliant.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a guy on skies with a parachute strapped to his back skying from a huge cliff....

Um, yes. That's the point. I mean, I still think it's better than a CG Arnold Schwarzenegger crashing through a building, no matter how loud the soundtrack might be. But come on, people, it's just gravity. I don't think it looks as spectacular as some of the other stunts in the Bond films (I do love the parachute sequence in the opening of Moonraker, however). The Union Jack parachute rocks, though. :)

I think the best stunt is where Moore is climbing the cliff and he falls. Dang it, which is that from? For Your Eyes Only?

Justin

Yes, it's from FYEO. THat's definitely a spectacular stunt. Although using his shoelaces to prusik back up always cracks me up (as I'm a climber myself). You'll be surprised how few films there are that actually portray climbing in a realistic way.