"Accidental Tourist" used... where?

jamesluckard

A slightly odd question, the reverse of the usual "what movie is that trailer music from" line of questions.

I was listening to "The Accidental Tourist" soundtrack tonight, and the first 5 seconds of track 11, a piano tune, sounded awfully familiar. I'm wracking my brain, but can't rememeber from where.

I think it's a fairly recent trailer. It feels like it's the opening bit of a trailer, showing a family with an idyllic life, before it is torn to pieces by something horrible or something, but I have no idea what trailer this was used in. Any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry James, I have no answer to your inquiry (I guess it doesn't help that I've never even heard The Accidental Tourist before, huh?) buuuuuuut I just noticed your awesome avatar! I love Michael Nyman too - we even have a Nyman thread here too. It's called, amazingly enough "Michael Nyman". Why don't you check it out? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :nono:

CYPHER

I've already checked all the online trailer music sites I could find, with no luck.

As for the Nyman thread, I took a look at it, but I'm a Nyman maniac, owning every CD he's ever put out and loving about half of them. It seems most people here either A) have only heard two or three of his scores, B) don't like him, or C) have no familiarity with him. I have no problem with that, everyone has their tastes, but it doesn't make me want to start writing long posts here about him.

Williams, on the other hand, is a composer I love just as much. He has so many CDs that I'm still not near to owning them all, and I only collect his film scores, not every CD like Nyman. I'm always happy to write about Williams as well.

Hey, if you write about Nyman, I'll read it! :nono: Great to hear you are such a fan though. He's definitely one of my top four favourite composers. I haven't posted about my two latest Nyman purchases yet: String Quartets # 1 - 3 and Carrington but I might do so shortly...

CYPHER

I guess it doesn't help that I've never even heard The Accidental Tourist before, huh?

CYPHER

:oops: , really? Well, I don't know why I say this but you might like The Accidental tourist, CYPHER. I call it genius. The score has a beautiful but sad tone like coloured autumn leaves falling from the trees. Of course, if you are only into Williams because of Star Wars or Potter, then please forget what I wrote.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I guess it doesn't help that I've never even heard The Accidental Tourist before, huh?

CYPHER

:oops: , really? Well, I don't know why I say this but you might like The Accidental tourist, CYPHER. I call it genius. The score has a beautiful but sad tone like coloured autumn leaves falling from the trees. Of course, if you are only into Williams because of Star Wars or Potter, then please forget what I wrote.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Couldn't have put it better myself! :mrgreen:

- Tim

Good luck finding that album. It's one of the rarest in the Wlliams collection.

BTW, I just found the DVD for like $7, along with Far and Away and Always! YIPEE!!