THE Worst Film Ever Made...

scallenger

MANOS: The Hands of Fate

By FAR the worst film ever made. This post isn't to discuss what you think the worst film ever made is... its to discuss THE worst film ever made is. And it IS this one. If you have seen it (in its original form or with commentary by the trio from Mystery Science Theatre 3000) you KNOW what I am talking about! And for those who don't, take a look at the International Movie Database page and read the comments, trivia, etc...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0060666/

For those of you have seen it, or for those who haven't and want to know what the fuss is about, respond.

By the way... Manos means "hands". So the title of the film is actually: Hands: The Hands of Fate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen those other two titles, although by reading them up, they DO sound incredibly bad...

...but I still don't think anything can match up to the badness of MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE. I'll have to see those two titles to find out. Have either of you seen MANOS?

Manos...

Manos...

Manos...

:nono:

I thought Plan 9 From Outer Space held these prestigious worst movie places.

Yes I've also heard plan 9 held that award. My friend has the dvd of it and says that it's not the worst movie ever made. It's really really really bad but it's just so bad it's hilarious.

Haven't seen those, except for Plan 9, which is bad, but in a good way.

I'm sure none of these even approach the badness of Armegeddon.

Marian - still convinced that this is the absolute worst film ever made.

Alien Resurrection is even worse than all the real terrible movies out there, because it had a big budget. It's not even entertaining, it's just annoying.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Mirko, this is about the Worst. Film. Ever. You mean to say those are two of the worst ever? :baaa:

- Marc, who loved Billy Elliot.

No Marc, but since everybody are telling the movies they disliked, I add mine! :)

Mirko - who probably should watch Billy Elliot again, even it's so damn boring... :mrgreen:

Mirko, this is about the Worst. Film. Ever. You mean to say those are two of the worst ever? :baaa:

- Marc, who loved Billy Elliot.

No Marc, but since everybody are telling the movies they disliked, I add mine! :)

Mirko - who probably should watch Billy Elliot again, even it's so damn boring... :mrgreen:

Doesn't that tell you something more about you?

Cape Fear, with DeNiro is so bad, it

is even worse than all the real terrible movies out there, because it had a big budget. It's not even entertaining, it's just repulsive.  

Cape Fear, with DeNiro is so bad, it

is even worse than all the real terrible movies out there, because it had a big budget. It's not even entertaining, it's just repulsive.  

Really? I thought it was very funny.

At leas "Manos" is watchable - even though you need a good sense of humour to try - there are many more examples of truly bad films which you just wouldn't even bother with.......A recent DVD release in the UK was a triple feature of The Amazing Transparent Man, Attack off the Giant Leeches and Revolt of the Zombies......"Amazing Transparent Man" has some to recommend it, but the other two grind Manos into the dust as far as sheer bad movie making is concerned......Leeches is particularly dreadful......the DVD was overpriced even at £1.......

Has anyone else seen The Crater Lake Monster? Truly one of the most inept and ridiculous movies ever made.

Highlights include a bizarre sub-plot about two cider-swilling rednecks' boat hire business and an autopsy as seen from the 'viewpoint' of a disembodied head. It's the only movie I've ever seen where the eponymous monster is eventually despatched by a man driving a JCB.

Sorry for the spoiler, but it might save you sitting through the rest.

Damien - who now wants to watch this 'Hands' movie

What Dreams May Come is as bad as any movie, 'course it features the ultra

awful actor Robin Williams, who should have stayed in Mork and Mindy, and doing comedy

tours.

Battlefield Earth is so bad you can't even laugh at it.

Oh yeah!!! a couple of years ago, I rented this movie with some friends in a videostore... we couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the movie...

it was soooo bad we didn't go through the end and just made fun of the movie... Well at least tryed to.

I think it has one of the best dialogue in all movie history, and best acting for that line "Do you want lunch ?" by John Travolta. A must see really ! :spiny:

PBL

That movie was so dreadful I had to go out and read the book. I'd heard nothing but good things about the book and couldn't imagine a movie based off of it being so bad. The book was very good. Very entertaining and fun. The movie is just pitiful.

Neil

What Dreams May Come is as bad as any movie, 'course it features the ultra  

awful actor Robin Williams, who should have stayed in Mork and Mindy, and doing comedy  

tours.

I like him in several pics such as Insomnia, One Hour Photo and Awakenings.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I'm sure I have liked Williams in somethings, but I can't remember anything but

Good Morning Vietnam, otherwise he's horrid.

One Hour Photo

I saw this and considered picking it up. Is it worth watching?

Justin

It's worth watching for Williams' performance. He really good in it. Don't trust Joe (he probably hasn't seen it anyway). Rent it, don't buy.

----------------

Alex Cremers

OK, I did like Mrs Doubtfire, it was funny, but it played to Williams strenghts, but One Hour Photo, was a slow, and less than satisfactory thriller, Williams is creepy, but never truly menacing, he's just kind of pitiful, maybe thats how the character was to be played, but the movie was just mediocre, and the blame maybe shouldn't fall on Williams, but the director.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a tough one, since the worst B-graders are so bad they're funny, and therefore have some redeemable value. For lack of a better analogy (though I'm sure there is one), it's akin to the idea that you can't prosecute children as adults; their either too ignorant or just plain stupid to know better. If I were forced to choose one from this category, however, I'd have to go with one called--well, I can't remember the exact name, but it was something like The Thing with Two Heads. Even the title was inept, since it wasn't a "thing" at all, but the head of an small, old, white guy slapped onto the shoulder of a large black dude. I was horrified, yes, but not in the way the filmmakers clearly wanted me to be. I couldn't reconcile myself to the idea that they actually, seriously believed they were creating something dramatic.

However, none of those movies are as infuriating as a film that has the budget, the expertise, and collective experience of a studio picture in its resource pool. These are the people who should know better, dammit. And the stakes are even higher for movies adapted from great original material.

On that note, I'll have to agree with Neil. Battlefield Earth could have--SHOULD have--been a great flick. It would take an effort of will to screw that one up. My thanks to John Travolta for his extreme effort in this case....(I am reminded of what Crow said at the end of another B-grade gem, Space Mutiny: "You could strap a camera on the back of a very stupid box turtle with an extremely busy schedule for two weeks, and you would've gotten a better movie than this one.")

In any case, Neil, I'm glad you read the book. It still ranks as a favorite of mine. :)

- Uni

Battlefield Earth I didn't think was bad, it's a decent sci fi action movie, much better than things more popular like for example the chronicals of riddick which is terrible.

Battlefield Earth I didn't think was bad, it's a decent sci fi action movie, much better than things more popular like for example the chronicals of riddick which is terrible.

yes, I did read this,

Morn said it,

and I read it.

yes, I did read this,

Morn said it,

and I read it.

I just had to quote it again for good measure. There it is. Clear as day.

Neil

Jeeze people, there are far worse movies.

Alien Resurrection?

----------------

Alex Cremers - who thinks Alien3 is also pretty awful to the point that they are hardly watchable.