JW Chicago Concerts, November 2005

Mari

I just received the monthly newsletter from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and it included an announcement of 2005-2006 Symphony Schedule. I went to the web site and found the following paragraph:

Acclaimed film score composer John Williams returns to conduct the CSO in three special, non-subscription programs in November 2005, featuring some of Hollywood's favorite cinematic scores. Mr. Williams holds the title of Boston Pops Laureate Conductor, and has been awarded five Academy Awards, three Golden Globes, four Emmys, and eighteen Grammy Awards. He is the composer of world's best-known film scores including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, E.T., Schindler's List, and Harry Potter. The CSO's Friday evening performance with Mr. Williams will be included on the CSO's 2005-2006 Friday Night at the Movies series. The CSO's popular Movies series debuted during the Orchestra's 2004-2005 season. Additional series information will be announced in late February.

Here's the link: http://www.cso.org/main.taf?p=7,1,2,2,52

:mrgreen:

Kathy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for details on the Chicago Symphony's 2005-06 Friday Night at the Movies series.

How fantastic (and fitting) that John Williams will be conducting one of those Friday Night concerts!

I have to believe that the JW Friday Night concert will be on Nov 25 seeing how the other two JW concerts have already been scheduled for Nov 26 and Nov 29.

Don't know how many people on this board live in or around Chicago but the Elgin Symphony Orchestra will be devoting an entire concert to JW's music in their 2005-06 season.

Ricardo

As a poor college student in Indiana, I've been waiting for Mr. Williams to return to Chicago (where I can afford to see him) My first JW concert was a couple of years ago with the Chicago Symphony - simply magical. I had goosebumps the whole night! Can't wait to make the road trip for this one!

• 3 months later...