Don Davis Fan Site?

Jacck

Hi :angry:

I'm sure there are many of you who have recognised Don Davis' amazing fresh talent as a film composer. I was wondering if there are any Don Davis Fan Sites (Like JWFan), and if not, do you think there would be an interest in it?

Basically, I'm thinking of starting a Don Davis Fan Network :wave:

Lemme know what y'all think :P

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I think it could work out, but I'm not sure a whole lot of people know who he actually is. I enjoyed The Matrix, but that's pretty much all I've heard out of him, aside from Jurassic Park III, which I don't remember much about. If you want to, go ahead, but I don't know how many members you would have.

You'll get better advice than mine from people who have heard more of his work. :angry:

~Sturgis

I'd join, I loved his work for Matrix and JP3. However maybe Davis has a little few scores to start an entire Fan site for him?

Yes. Indeed :angry: His career is just starting out as a Film Composer. His only main scores have been the Matrix (all 3) and JP3. But I'm sure we can expect plenty more in the future :wave: .. so it would be nice to get ahead of any possible future fansites LOL

I've started on the Design (I was bored) ... http://jackcomputer.no-ip.com/ddfn/

I disagree, I thought that Neo and Trinity's Love theme was beautiful and very memorable. I also loved the Kirby's theme from JP3 (even though it somewhat lacks memorability in my opinion)

So, generally, people would enjoy a place where Don Davis fans could gather and discuss DD and read news about his latest releases, etc..? 8O

Marian -- He's currently writing an Opera -- "Río de Sangre" , also, he has recently composed new music for the Matrix Online videogame :P

His orchestrations and rhyms are great at times, but he's thematically uninteresting.

But does that make his works uninteresting? Your very same words could be describing the works of Stravinsky.

Well, I took the plunge and revisited the Illajamaja thread myself. I must say, we were on! One of the greatest bad threads ever, filled with memorable JWFan quotes, with this one by Neil possibly the best:

I took the moderator position because I thought it would get me an in with hot sexy models who like fast cars and would get me into all the hot night clubs. So far all it has gotten me is photos of Dutch man ass in my e-mail. No wonder Ricard left.

And, I had completely forgotten, the birth of Smnol!

John- who knows he's probably risking the attention of the Dancing Lock of Death by bringing this stuff up.