Boston Pops To Perform Williams? Music This Spring

Ricardo224

It was previously announced that the Boston Pops would be doing music from the Golden Age for its ?Hooray for Hollywood? series this coming May. There now appears to be a programming change.

This is from today?s new Press Release:

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD

Bruce Hangen and the Boston Pops celebrate the music of John Williams, the most widely recognized film composer of all time, with a "Hooray for Hollywood" program on May 25, 26, 27, and 28. These concerts honor Williams' enduring legacy with music from throughout his unprecedented career, including selections from Star Wars, E.T., Jaws, Superman, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Harry Potter series, and many more.

I?m sure those living in the Boston area will welcome this change. :P

Interesting year. First, the London Symphony does a concert of JW?s music without him, and now the Boston Pops will do the same.

Tickets go on sale this coming Monday.

http://www.bso.org/itemB/pressRelease.jhtm...100002&area=com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

By the looks of it, there will be a single program for all four dates. I'll probably be at one of them. Program sounds great. Now all they need to do is get John Williams to conduct, Perlman to solo Schindler's, and play Buckbeak's Flight, ROTS, and the Seduction of Suki and the Ballroom Scene.

Wow. Great program, but I don't know if it's worth driving 4 or 5 hours, especially if Williams isn't there. Can't Williams squeeze in time for ONE concert in Boston???

If not, I think I'll save my money and get a good seat at Tanglewood.

Can't Williams squeeze in time for ONE concert in Boston???

Foxfan, you already know the answer to that question. But since there was a recent article in the Boston Globe regarding the Boston Pops 2005 season, I'll give you a reinforcement.

According to Mark Volpe, Managing Director-Boston Symphony, they were lucky as it is to get him to conduct the one concert at Tanglewood. Mr. Volpe says that Williams has overextended himself with film-scoring assignments.

And let us not forget that Williams lives/works in California.

Ricardo