Williams to modify ?Soundings? for Kunzel/Cincinnati Symp

Ricardo224

The Cincinnati Symphony will be celebrating Erich Kunzel?s 40th anniversary (conducting the CSO) with a commemorative concert program for the 2005-2006 season. Erich Kunzel himself will conduct this mostly Brahms concert, which will also feature JW?s ?Soundings?. The program will be performed on Oct. 7 & 8.

According to the Cincinnati Post, Williams will alter the arrangement of ?Soundings? to fit Music Hall (CSO?s concert home). Apparently, the original version of ?Soundings? was specifically orchestrated to work with the unique attributes of Walt Disney?s Concert Hall. The Cincinnati Post goes on to report that John Williams is expected to attend one or both nights.

No information has been given about the customary pre-concert conversation. If in fact Williams does attend the concert(s), one would have to believe that Williams would take part in the conversation and discuss Soundings and the adjustments he made for Music Hall. Most likely, we will have to wait until September for further information.

In a separate previous post, someone asked why Williams replaced ?Soundings? with ?Tributes? for the upcoming concerts with the National Symphony Orchestra in April. Perhaps now it can be said that Williams made the change upon realizing that his schedule would not allow him enough time to make a proper revision for the NSO?s concert hall.

http://www.cincinnatisymphony.org/Events/D...t7-8CSO0506.asp

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure someone recorded the thing tho. they broadcasted it over the net live so someone had to have recorded it.

It's about time Williams released another Sony Classical album with the Boston Pops! Maybe next year, as obviously he's up to his eyes this year.

- Tim.

I haven't heard Soundings yet!  Is it on a CD?  Or is there a site where I can like online?  I'd really like to hear it.

In the near future Sony will probably release Soundings on SA-CD.

----------------

Alex Cremers - daydreaming