How many more movies will JW score?

Josh500

How many more movies will JW score before he retires/dies?  

22 members have voted

1. 1.

• 3-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • More than 15.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see 2005 being JW's last big year. After that, I can see one or two films a year for four or five years, then retirement and (let's face it) eventual passing away.

I can see 2005 being JW's last big year. After that, I can see one or two films a year for four or five years, then retirement and (let's face it) eventual passing away.

I don't agree with that. Sure, there's no more Star Wars or Harry Potter, but Steven Spielberg still keeps churning out his blockbusters. I think after 2005, JW will still score different kinds of movies, hopefully also franchises (I think he's best at that).

:pukeface:

I'm surprised this thread has not been banned/deleted.

What's next?

Bets on the date & time John Williams will die?

Bets on the film he will be working on wheh this happens, and how much score is written by then?

Bets on how many people will die with him if it's a plane crash?

Utterly disguting.

I'm surprised this thread has not been banned/deleted.

What's next?

Bets on the date & time John Williams will die?

Bets on the film he will be working on wheh this happens, and how much score is written by then?

Utterly disguting.

Yeah, YOU are. Do you have problems with the issue of death? There's no denying that we're all gonna die someday.

Besides, the question was how many more movies will he score.

I don't think there's anything disgusting about this thread. :pukeface:

We already had a thread about his cause of his death, remember.

What do you mean cause of death? Am I missing here something? :P

We already had a thread about his cause of his death, remember.

What do you mean cause of death? Am I missing here something? :pukeface:

Yeah, you're missing this.

I'm surprising that that funny poll got only 20 votes. Which is interesting, when there are 19 options...

Mirko - who voted for the Molaram option. :P

wasn't he supposed to be on one of the flights out of Boston on 9-11, and some reason he didn't make it?

I'm not very squeamish myself, but I do think this poll is in bad taste, kind of like those websites where you can bet on which celebrities are going to die next. (Charlton Heston? Kirk Douglas? Mickey Rooney?)

I missed the last poll, on the manner of Williams' demise, but I do hope consensus is that he will go out in a blaze of glory, doing body shots of absinthe off a mountain of naked, writhing starlets whilst putting the finishing touches on his magnum opus, The Passion of Jar-Jar Binks.

R.I.P. Teresa Wright http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/08/theater/...r/08wright.html

I'm not very squeamish myself, but I do think this poll is in bad taste, kind of like those websites where you can bet on which celebrities are going to die next.  (Charlton Heston?  Kirk Douglas?  Mickey Rooney?)

I missed the last poll, on the manner of Williams' demise, but I do hope consensus is that he will go out in a blaze of glory, doing body shots of absinthe off a mountain of naked, writhing starlets whilst putting the finishing touches on his magnum opus, The Passion of Jar-Jar Binks.

R.I.P.  Teresa Wrighthttp://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/08/theater/08wright.html

Figo,

go Here!!!

I try not to give myself credit on what I write, but I must admit, my version of John's demise is wonderfully sick. My version is in invisotext as it is a bit mature, in an immature way.

Something like that.Probably the last "big" Williams score will be Indy 4,if it ever happens.I hope he gets one more Oscar

K.M.

Hey Joe...I already post that link!! You thief! :pukeface:

Funny poll, by the way, isn't it?

Mirko - noticing he just have involuntarily put the name of a Jimi Hendrix song in his reply. :P

...I do hope consensus is that he will go out in a blaze of glory, doing body shots of absinthe off a mountain of naked, writhing starlets...

I'm sorry, I must have misread the poll. I thought you were asking how many more times he would score. :pukeface:

Followed the link, Joe. You are too clever by half.

Hey, I'm Italian, but I'll be with Spain tonight...I hate Juventus. :P

They're thieves! (the last championship match against Roma is only the last proof).

Well, isn't his mother still alive? So at least the genes are there for him to maybe live another 15 years. Of course he propably will slow down, and this could be the last year we get 4 scores in a year, but i think 15 movies is doable before he retires.

-Snowster

Leonard Bernstein died in 1990. He also had good genes. His mother outlived him by two years.

Of course, Lenny was completely debauched.

I expect JW to be active for at least ten more years (then he's "only" 83), and if he scored an average of 2 movies per year, that would be at least 20 movies. And JW is sort of immortal . . . he will always be remembered through his music. I don't think he will be forgotten quickly like, say, Beethoven.

:P

I don't think he'll retire (Jerry and Elmer didn't, and he says he won't), and when I saw him rehearse in a polo shirt at Tanglewood last year, he looked muscular, mighty and fit.

So I predict he will go out like Jerry or Bernstein, but closer to late 80 or 90 something. But John Williams is always making jokes that he is much younger than he is. He remarked to me when signing my Jaws album that he wrote it when he was 6! And he said turning 70 felt no different than turning 40. And Ken Wannberg remarked he excercises regularly. And a Boston Globe article remarked that he eats egg whites without the yolk.

He moves and speaks healthily, and seems to like taking a few months off, rather than years.

Oh for the love of God ... here we go again.

I really hope that no one related to JW or JW himself ever visit here because if they do I think they would find it completly offensive and of really bad taste.

It seems some days all we ever talk about (I'm not talking about everyone of course) around here is what are we going to do after he is gone. Who's going to "replace" him, how much more can we get out of him, how will he go, and so on....

Retirement is one thing to talk about (albeit not likely since he obviously enjoys his work so much) but the mans death!? Come on haven't we had enough already.

Yes it's a fact of life he's getting older and such but can't we just enjoy the mans work and whatever amount of output that means. I'm not trying to attack the creator of the pole here in one respect it's a legit question about possible number of scores/compositions in the coming years but we really don't know since only the man himself can answer what his plans are. As for retirement I agree with some others here that he's stated in the past that he won't retire.

But why must we guess or bet on when he will die or how much more will he get done???

Brian99_1 - Who plans to enjoy the music to already written and to come no matter how much longer that may be for.

Brian, I don't think anyone JW related would get offended to know theat we fans care about JW's health.

He's old, he's like our grandfather. And everybody care about their grandparents.

Well, for some of us, he could be like a father, but I'm talking about myself, since my grandpa is 68, so not that younger.

Mirko - laughin' for imaging his grandpa conducting an orchestra. :)

Tommy

Oh I know we all care, and I certainly know I do but somtimes it almost seems that the work is more important than the man around here. Don't get me wrong I too hope for the 4th option of the pole but I wish people could just let the man live and do the work he loves and stop doing everything short of placing bets on when he's going to die. (again I know this was not the point of the pole and I wasn't trying to make it seems as if we here at JWfan.net don't care but it does come up way too often IMHO )

Brian99_1

wasn't he supposed to be on one of the flights out of Boston on 9-11, and some reason he didn't make it?

Actually, that was Seth MacFarlane (creator of Family Guy and American Dad). Kudos, though, for going from that to John Williams.

I have no idea who you are talking about Ross, so I made no leap, I still seem to recall that John was either supposed to be on the flight, or that was the flight he was used to taking between Beantown and the left coast.

Who is this John Williams you all are taking care of?

And John, yeah they're obsessed.

I'm not interested in when he'll die. I feel lucky to live when he's still living and scoring new movies.

I live listening to his old scores and waiting for new ones to come.

When that day will arrive, I will be sad of course, but then there will be only his music.

Forever.

3 to 5, but probably closer to 3 then to 5.

:mrgreen:

I think (I hope!) he will score more than 3 movies, since he have 3 project in 2005! Then, he'll die?!? :folder:

Traditionally longivity skips a generation, and Williams mother is in her 90's.

How old did Williams father become?

Is his dad still living?

And how many sons does JW have?

Sorry, maybe I should have sent a PM to Miguel for these 2 questions... :P

I don't think this thread is in bad taste, but yeah, I agree with some of you that the topic of his death/health is getting tedious. Well, I guess I'm just a bit worried . . . after all, I don't know any other 73-year-old whom I admire so much. I just hope that JW will keep scoring movies till the very end, which will still be in the distant future (I have no doubt about that, since he still seems in pretty good shape).

P.S. I think those of you who voted for the first two options ARE tasteless. I don't think you can call yourself a John Williams fan in good conscience. That's the God-honest truth.

LOL LOL LOL