I can't believe it is our John Williams

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, it's all in FRENCH! Still, pretty funny. Yeah, I reckon it's him... :oops:

CYPHER

Now it is in english ;)

It is really our John Williams ? :mrgreen:

I can't believe it !

He's got black hair, no glasses and no beard, so it is very difficult to recognize him.

It's probably his father! it doesn't say when the picture is from, and his fasther was a member of a jazz quartet

I think you are right.

This album has been released in the middle of the 50's and the man on the photo seems to be more than 18 (John's age in 1950...).

Either that thing is a fake or it is simply a different composer. I think back in the day John went by the name "Johnny". Unless the CD is a re-release (which it isn't), so I don't think that's the composer for the Star Wars films.

This is most likely a jazz pianist with the same name, born (I believe) in the late 10's-early 20's. Williams father, John F. Williams, also known as Johnny "Man Drummer" Williams, was a orchestra percussionist and jazz drummer, not a pianist. And yes, by that time Williams was known as Johnny. His debut album dates from 1957 and was called "The John Towner Touch". It has never been released as cd.

I like researching. :|

Take a look at this page: http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/1...core_Friday.asp and scroll down to the "Williams Trivia" section. The article refers to a song recorded by John Williams, Bill Anthony and Frank Isola in NY on Aug 13, 1954. The name of the piece is "For Heaven's Sake", and appears on a compilation CD called "Jazz Round Midnight-Piano".

If you look closely at the ebay photo, front side, in the bottom right corner, the very last item listed in the track listing is "For Heaven's Sake."

Big John