Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

John Crichton

Woah, I didn't know thye were doing webisodes again, sweet!

I like those new caprica webisodes... and the razor ones where good too

• 1 month later...

Now that all the "Face Of The Enemy" webisodes have aired, what do people think?

REMINDER: The final episodes begin airing THIS Friday night, Jan 16 10pm EST!!!!!!

All 10 episode titles are known:

4.11 Sometimes a Great Notion

4.12 A Disquiet Follows My Soul

4.13 The Oath

4.14 Blood on the Scales

4.15 No Exit

4.16 Deadlock

4.17 Someone to Watch Over Me

4.18 Islanded In a Stream of Stars

4.19 Daybreak, Part I

4.20 Daybreak, Part II

Here's the airing schedule:

4.11 Jan 16

4.12 Jan 23

4.13 Jan 30

4.14 Feb 6

4.15 Feb 13

4.16 Feb 20

4.17 Feb 27

4.18 Mar 6

4.19 Mar 13

4.20 Mar 20

Though it's possible that 4.19 and 4.20 will be re-edited into a 3 hour finale, and air as 4.19 on Mar 13 and 4.20/4.21 on Mar 20

OMG that was FRAKING AWESOME.

so if Ellen is the last or fifth then what the frak is Starbuck

I've just been repeating "damn" to myself for the last 20 minutes. Damn.

Let me rephrase the spoiler policy here, since it's "my" thread: if the episode's aired, it's not a spoiler. If you haven't seen the episode, don't read the thread. Simple. There's the spoiler warning.

So...happy days on Galactica.

So much to digest. We know more about who the Final Five really are. We know less about what's happened to Kara. I'm sure the fact that the Final Five have been somehow resurrected and lived for over 2000 years will play a part in that. And there's something so poetic about Ellen being one of the Final Five, that her and Tigh were eternally together.

The moment D pulled that gun out is the single most shocking moment of TV I have ever seen. Total blindside.

the only thing I didn't like was the funeral pyre seen, it was very ROTJish.

Yeah, like the one at the end of series 3 of Doctor Who last year too. But I suppose there's only so many ways to do a funeral pyre.

I have to mention another great score from Bear McCreary too. I just might pick up a season 4 CD if one is released.

Didn't see ANY of that coming. Wow.

It'd been so long since the last episode I had forgotten a lot of stuff. I was glad they were airing the last one right before the new one.

One thing I'm still foggy on is the whole backy stories of the 12 tribes, the 13th tribe, and the timeline of when everything happened however many thousands of years ago.... if anyone wants to fill me in, by all means...

the only thing I didn't like was the funeral pyre seen, it was very ROTJish.

Weird; I thought only of Conan the Barbarian.

Well, I've got nothing but praise for that episode. Dualla's suicide scene ... well, I saw it coming, which was probably the point, and I have to say, I felt a little ill while she was talking to Gaeta. Very upsetting, in the way that only THE best tragic storytelling can be.

The scene between Adama and Tigh = one of the best in the entire series.

The Starbuck plotline continues to be absolutely fascinating.

The many revelations about the nature of Earth and its previous inhabitants = incredible.

Unless the last nine episodes somehow manage to fumble the ball on the one-yard line, this show seems destined to go down in history as one of THE best series ever made. And it's some of the best filmmaking, television or otherwise, of the entire decade. People will be falling in love with this show for decades to come.

I feel almost too lucky that Lost starts back this week, too. That's a couple of powerfully good series for me to watch each week.

I feel like also mentioning -- not that anyone probably cares, but just in case -- that tonight's "new" (it aired on DirecTV months ago but not on NBC until tonight so it was new for me) episode of Friday Night Lights was also damned good. The series is great, although occasionally prone to being a bit too soapish, but the season three premiere was tight, involving, and a prime example of the series at its best.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Friday Night Lights, but I've always thought that NBC mishandled the show. First if its meant to be watched by people who are highschool football fans, it should not be on Friday, since the majority of high school football is played then. Second the show should have been a limited series from august to Jan. to allow for the season, to show it in the off season would be to One tree hill/90210ish.

Now the movie Im definately not a fan of, it was not good, and it handled the whole knee injury issue badly.

I was playing Call Of Duty online with my buddies last night so naturally I forgot about it. It's not up on Sciffy's site yet so I'm downloading it from a torrent right now. I'll watch it as soon as I'm done downloading it.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Friday Night Lights, but I've always thought that NBC mishandled the show. First if its meant to be watched by people who are highschool football fans, it should not be on Friday, since the majority of high school football is played then. Second the show should have been a limited series from august to Jan. to allow for the season, to show it in the off season would be to One tree hill/90210ish.

Now the movie Im definately not a fan of, it was not good, and it handled the whole knee injury issue badly.

Yeah, NBC has made some strange decisions regarding that show. But at least it got three seasons; that's more than most low-rated shows get, by far.

Wow awesome episode indeed. So Ellen is in fact the fifth Cylon, interesting. Did it just show what the next episode is about when it showed Tigh remembering that part about the past? The episode seemed to have cut off at that point. I hope they do explain what happened to Kara and what she is since she actually did die on Earth. Also the 13th tribe being entirely made up of Cylon's....wow and I loved how they showed the original design of the Centurions.

As far as the final five go, I wonder why they decided forget what happened 2,000 years ago. I hope they explain that too. I definitely plan to watch next week's episode, I won't fracking miss it.

I got to thinking-- Saul, shall we say, got confused when talking to Six in the cell and thought she was Ellen. Any chance he's gotten confused again? You know, but in a different way?

Just a possibility. Thought I would put it out there and see what other people think.

It certainly gives that plot strand that much more depth. But as for him being confused now, Moore has catagorically stated that Ellen is the last of the Five, no going back.

Yes, they recorded commentaries specially for the DVD for those. I think it was actually 3 eps.

I was a bit disappointed that Mrs. Ron didn't make an appearance for the podcasts for the first half of season 4. It was always fun when she was there for the season 3 ones.

The podcasts are awesome, I listen to them as soon as they are released. He's good about not spoiling now too (the season 2 podcasts/commentaries shouldn't be listened to until you've seen the first 7 episodes of season 2)

Wow, apparently Caprica has been greenlit for a 20 episode first season.... I somehow missed this news

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc...reenlights.html

I listened to the podcast this morning. Some good stuff (A lot of it already known from the article I posted on the last page). But he did clarify some of the mythology for me:

Basically, at one point there where humans living happily on Kobol. Those humans created the cylons (different than the cylons on the show). Then there was a nuclear holocaust, and everyone left Kobol: 12 Tribes of humans that became the 12 colonies, and a 13th tribe (the cylons they created) that settled on earth.

However, at some point (2,000 before current timeframe), those cylons wiped themselves out and earth was completely nuked.

Meanwhile, the 12 colonies created cylons all over again, and those cylons of course wiped out almost all the humans in the miniseries.

Yes. It's the best show on television.

The "pilot" is actually a 4-hour miniseries (3 hours w/o commercials). Start with that. Even if you didn't LOVE it, watch the first episode of the first season, "33". It's one of the best episodes of the show. If you're not hooked by then, I guess it's not for you. If you are still with it, you are in for a real treat :unsure:

The first 20 episodes (season 1 and episodes 1-7 of season 2) are one of the best arcs I've seen a TV show do. Also the show usually has intense, "game-changing" cliffhangers at the mid-season break and season finales, all of which are pretty great.

The acting and writing are top-notch, and the way they get the show to look on the budget they have is extremely impressive.

understand Marc, this show is uneven. Its had the same growing pains that Heroes and Lost have had, but its weathered through them. Its often brilliant, and sometimes average. It will engage you and challange you. It is a show that features lots of interesting side characters, but word of warning like life itself in a war torn situation do not get too attached to all the characters because some who seem to have major potential often die when least expected. It has the best looking female cast on tv too.

I listened to the podcast this morning. Some good stuff (A lot of it already known from the article I posted on the last page). But he did clarify some of the mythology for me:

Basically, at one point there where humans living happily on Kobol. Those humans created the cylons (different than the cylons on the show). Then there was a nuclear holocaust, and everyone left Kobol: 12 Tribes of humans that became the 12 colonies, and a 13th tribe (the cylons they created) that settled on earth.

However, at some point (2,000 before current timeframe), those cylons wiped themselves out and earth was completely nuked.

Meanwhile, the 12 colonies created cylons all over again, and those cylons of course wiped out almost all the humans in the miniseries.

All this has happened before, and it will happen again... I'm surprised he let that much out, most of that hasn't been directly explained in the show yet.

And I agree with Jason, Marc, 33 is a superb episode to gauge your interest in the show. It's actually what hooked me in, I didn't watch the miniseries until after. And Joe is right, there are some bumps in the road. Both seasons 2 and 3 have some fairly mediocre stand alone eps in their second halves, but it's all quickly forgotten about due to the greatness around it.

Hmm...

I'll have a look at the miniseries when I get the time (i.e. next month).

Sounds like it could be fun.

I would definitely recommend not reading this thread at all until you've caught up, as the within the next 9 weeks the final episodes ever are airing and you wouldn't want to get spoiled.

I heard about Caprica getting a 20 episode order from Bear McCreary's website-- he announced he's been signed to score it.

Excellent!

Spoiler

Felix Gaeta's behaviour is completely understandable for me, as is Tom Zarek. It's Adama and Co who have seemingly "forgotten" what the cylons did to the humans. There can't be any forgiveness for that, ever. They made a treaty for peace with the cylons and really do trust them. That exactly has proven as a mistake many times before. And if the Adama regime also betrays democracy it's only right for the civil fleet and members of the galactica to plan a mutiny.

I'm glad they finally revisit that story element and it proves again why the show is so great and genius!!!

Because Adama, like Roslyn, are pragmatists that have correctly analyzed the situation. Recent discoveries have fundamentally changed the meaning of being Cylon, and the 2s, 6s, and 8s have proven to have changed, be faithful allies, and both sides have a need for each other. And of course Lee, always the optimist, is right there with them. I think they have the right side of this.

I understand where Gaeta's coming from, but that doesn't mean he's right. Zarek, on the other hand, is returning directly to his core character: a scheming opportunist that is attempting to use this situation to increase his power and prestige. Despite all his "power to the people" rhetoric, he would be a ruthless dictator should he ever get a hold of true power.

It certainly looks like it's not going to be drawn out any, it is all going to come to a head next week.

What about the Hot Dog/Cally revelation? Maybe Tyrol was right in his "she wasn't a saint" speech after her death.

EDIT- The podcast's already up! Downloading as I type...

Because Adama, like Roslyn, are pragmatists that have correctly analyzed the situation. Recent discoveries have fundamentally changed the meaning of being Cylon, and the 2s, 6s, and 8s have proven to have changed, be faithful allies, and both sides have a need for each other. And of course Lee, always the optimist, is right there with them. I think they have the right side of this.

They do have the right side in this, but I think Adama is just tired of it all really. I mean, everyone is, especially Roslyn (to the point of giving up, unfortunately). Like it or not, in order for anyone to survive they have to learn to live with each other. I must say, I love where they're going with the show. Everything seems to be going down the drain, and I want a happy ending for our characters, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards for some of them.

I've tried second guessing this show ever since I started watching it and I've been wrong almost 100% of the time, so I give up on where any of this is going. I'm just going to sit back, enjoy the ride . . . and hope somebody shoots Zarek in the head.

I understand where Gaeta's coming from, but that doesn't mean he's right. Zarek, on the other hand, is returning directly to his core character: a scheming opportunist that is attempting to use this situation to increase his power and prestige. Despite all his "power to the people" rhetoric, he would be a ruthless dictator should he ever get a hold of true power.

After watching the episode I agree with this. Also I too usually don't have anyone on the show but right now I hate Gaeta, someone needs to get rid of him.