Revenge of the Sith Track List? (possible spoilers)

Lurker

I'm not sure if this is real or not. I read about it here.

Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith Medley

Star Wars Album Version

The Revenge Of The Sith

Anakin's Betrayal

Battle Of The Heroes

Anakin's Dream

The Reunion Of Anakin And Padme

Welcome, Lord Vader

Padme's Ruminations

Grevious Travels To Palpatine

I Am The Senate

General Grevious

Palpatine's Dark Teachings

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Anakin's Dark Deeds

The Immolation Scene

The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny Medley

The Birth Of The Twins Album Version

Padme's Destiny Album Version

A New Hope and End Credits Medley

A New Hope Album Version

End Credits

Neil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny Medley

The Birth Of The Twins Album Version

Padme's Destiny Album Version

:?

if this true it looks like a lot of re-hashed cues in there.Also,where's "Lament"?

Hmm,we've had this before:

A New Hope and End Credits Medley

A New Hope Album Version

End Credits

Welcome to Jurassic Park

Theme From Jurassic Park

End Credits

On the upside,there seems to be a lot of concert version themes.I guess Williams needed some fresh material for his pops appearances.

k.M.Whoès heart is sinking slightly

K.M.who'd like to think this is fake,but does not see someone making something up that's so boring sounding

Somehow I think the track titles we all came up with last fall were more interesting.

"Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"

A little on the nose don't you think? That doesn't sound remotely close to a track title that Williams would use.

"The Immolation Scene"

I guess we're gonna see a mass Jedi pyre?

Tim

I'm very far from being convinced that this is real. It would be very easy to invent a series of track-titles based on what we know about the film, "Grievous" is consistently misspelled, and "Grevious Travels To Palpatine" doesn't sound like any scene from the film I'm aware of. I won't comment on "Padme's Ruminations".

The one thing lending at least marginal credence to this list is the inclusion of both "medleys" and "album versions". It's not the kind of thing you'd see on the final OST, and presumably someone trying to fake one would know that ... but it might conceivably appear on a list of cues for the CD assembly or some other such thing. As for some of the unlikely cue titles, under this scenario they wouldn't be the final album titles, but perhaps Williams' original titles, which aren't necessarily designed for public consumption.

Assuming this was real, the final track-list would presumably look like this:

1. Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith

2. Anakin's Betrayal

3. Battle Of The Heroes

4. Anakin's Dream

5. The Reunion Of Anakin And Padme

6. Welcome, Lord Vader

7. Padme's Ruminations

8. Grievous Travels To Palpatine

9. I Am The Senate

10. General Grievous

11. Palpatine's Dark Teachings

12. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

13. Anakin's Dark Deeds

14. The Immolation Scene

15. The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny

16. A New Hope and End Credits

The concert piece of the Revenge of the Sith theme will most likely be Track 2, the traditional placement for those.

John- who still thinks this is a fake, although John's placement of the tracks makes it look more credible

hey, when someone with hyperspace listens/rips the file, could you send me the file btw? i'm not a hyperspace member nor do i think i should be spending money to find out a tad-bit more info about a movie.

I agree with the majority here. These track titles are totally inconsisent with Williams' releases, SW or otherwise.

Mr. K

Yeah Takis's condensed version makes more sense, though it still does sound suspicious, but what is consistent is that the track order seems mixed up, presumably for a Williamsy listening experience. (Note Welcome, LV before Palp's Dark Teachings, etc.)

But while "A New Hope" for the end credits is clever, it's probably too hokey for the real thing, and Dark in two titles is very unlikely, "The Revenge..." is surely a mistake, "Grievous Travels to a person" seems like awkward English, "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" is a little bit lacklustre, and yeah, the similarities and differences between the working-title cues from the recording sessions seem inconsistent and uninteresting.

I have mixed feelings about the titles, but they'll probably be changed if they turn out to be real.

Max-Noticing Neil changed his avatar

"Anakin vs. Obi-Wan"

A little on the nose don't you think? That doesn't sound remotely close to a track title that Williams would use.

Hmm . . . I don't think that sounds too 'on the nose' for a Williams track title. I'm not saying that I think this track listing is real, but thanks to a track titled "Qui-Gon's Funearal" on the Episode I OST, I got a huge spoiler. But the phrasing (featuring the 'vs.') doesn't sound like Williams to me.

Hmm . . . I don't think that sounds too 'on the nose' for a Williams track title. I'm not saying that I think this track listing is real, but thanks to a track titled "Qui-Gon's Funearal" on the Episode I OST, I got a huge spoiler. But the phrasing (featuring the 'vs.') doesn't sound like Williams to me.

Besides The Patriot's "Martin vs. Tavington"?

I like "Heroes Collide" better than "Battle of the Heroes" personally. Although, I guess the image of Obi Wan and Anakin running headlong into each other is a tad ridiculous and would be pounced on by fanboys in an instant. And I like "I am the Senate". Remember that this is the movie where Palpatine declares himself Emperor of the Galaxy, so I could imagine him saying such a thing. Weren't we also told that "Lament" was recorded as a concert arrangement for the soundtrack?

And I like "I am the Senate". Remember that this is the movie where Palpatine declares himself Emperor of the Galaxy, so I could imagine him saying such a thing.

"Instead of announcing my candidacy for Supreme Chancellor, I'm announcing that you're all...morons."

Sorry, it just strikes me as a joke. Then again, Williams has given us "'Destiny' ... 'Canneloni' ... and the Tale of Victor Navorski Reprise," so I guess anything's possible.

Weren't we also told that "Lament" was recorded as a concert arrangement for the soundtrack?

Recording titles are rarely maintained for album releases. "Death on the Carousel" was recorded as "Arabs Flying" or something.

Weren't we also told that "Lament" was recorded as a concert arrangement for the soundtrack?

No, that was the new theme for the Big Duel. Lament is a cue from a little earlier in the fim. 5M something, while the Big Duel is reel 6.

Williams' original cue titles are often rather goofy. Gone Fishin' for the Episode I bongo sequence, Space Canister Caper for the Episode II asteroid sequence.

Yep.... Mr. K back in the house.

Anyway, I suspect that some of those track titles are merely working titles that may or may not appear on the final product.

Mr. K

Williams' original cue titles are often rather goofy.  Gone Fishin' for the Episode I bongo sequence, Space Canister Caper for the Episode II asteroid sequence.

And we will never forget the legendary Ben Creeps Around.

Williams' original cue titles are often rather goofy.  Gone Fishin' for the Episode I bongo sequence, Space Canister Caper for the Episode II asteroid sequence.

Well, don't forget the cue when the Millennium Falcon is triggered into the Death Star by the tractor beam was called Is it a bird? on the cue sheet. :)

Yes, they're goofy titles, but they're fun as well. And they denote Mr. Williams' great sense of humor.

How did you find out those cue names? I seem to have heard 'is it a bird' and 'ben creeps around' before, but was unaware of the others. Maybe we could put up a complete list of cue sheet names for the saga. I know of 'palpatine's tv set' and 'palpatine's big pitch' from the scoring reports of epiii, anyone care to add some more?

If this is the final tracklist, well i dont know how to picture 'Padme's Ruminations'

She has that belly because she is pregnant or it is that she has a rumen?

I also dont want her chewing digested material all the time.

OR that the babies make ruminal crepitations....

I think 'ruminate' is somewhat related to 'thinking about', but really it sounds a little strange or evil as if she was plotting... (which may be the case after all)

So what do we all think of the main theme/concert piece title?

"Battle of the Heroes"

I just can't warm up to it. And that's the only official title we know so far. Way too close name-wise to, and much less cooler than, "Duel of the Fates." But I can't really think of anything more creative since it's another duel theme. What say you?

Bowie - whose best creative ruminations can only come up with "The Champion of Evil," sort of a sequel-title to "Duel of the Fates" (saying which fate "won", for now) rather than a retread.

I rescind my previous comment about being too "on the nose". "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" just sounds so....bland. At least "Duel of the Fate" had some panache. But looking back over the other CDs, I realized how wrong I was. I didn't want to believe it, I thought deep down I saw a lot of cool titles, but alas... "The Droids are Captured", "Han Solo Returns", "The Trash Compactor"...etc. Makes you wanna kinda curl up into the fetal position.

Tim

I don't think Battle of the Heroes is the Anakin vs Obi Wan duel music.I think it's the track for the opening Space Battle,because it's early in the track listing above.By the time of the duel,Anakin is hardly a hero anymore.The concert version of the duel music should be"The Revenge of the Sith".Note they include score portions like Asteroid Field in the video.

K.M.

For the record: we were NEVER told by anyone that "Lament" was recorded as CONCERT PIECE. The music will likely be part of the track called The Immolation Scene (in fact; I'm almost sure of it!)

Well, Mark, but the press release clearly states that "BotH" is the new concert track.

The press release says this:

Williams' principal THEME from the new score, entitled "Battle of the Heroes," will be featured in a music video created by Lucasfilm

So it doesn't say anything really.

K.M.

I should think that, since this list got the concert title and album placement right ahead of the press release, is pretty strong evidence that this list is correct. As I keep saying, the only weird thing about the list (besides the album version things which are obviously a prep/promo thing of some sort) are "Dark" used twice in titles, and "Revenge of the Sith" either being part of the opening track, or pushing the BotH concert piece down one -- either way it seems like a redundant title usage, and inconsistent with previous prequels.

From IESB.net, and recently posted on our main page:

This is what the DVD contains:

Chapter 1: A Long Time Ago

"Star Wars Main Title" from all films

Chapter 2: Dark Forces Conspire

"Duel Of The Fates" from Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace

Chapter 3: A Hero Rises

"Anakin's Theme" from Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace

Chapter 4: A Fateful Love

"Across The Stars" from Episode 2: Attack Of The Clones

Chapter 5: A Hero Falls

from Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Chapter 6: An Empire Is Forged

"The Imperial march" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 7: A Planet That Is Farthest From

"The Dune Sea of Tatooine / Jawa Sandcrawler" from Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 8: An Unlikely Alliance

"Binary Sunset / Cantina Band" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 9: A Defender Emerges

"Princess Leia's Theme" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 10: A Daring Rescue

"Ben's Death / Tie Fighter Attack" Episode 4: A New Hope

Chapter 11: A Jedi Is Trained

"Yoda's Theme" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 12: A Narrow Escape

"The Asteroid Field" from Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

Chapter 13: A Bond Unbroken

"Luke and Leia" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 14: A Sanctuary Moon

"The Forest Battle" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 15: A Life Redeemed

"Light Of The Force" from Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

Chapter 16: A New Day Dawns

"Throne Room / Finale" from Episode 4: A New Hope

Soundtrack comes with a exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of  

images from the film.

The Bonus DVD contians over 70 minutes of footage and score.

Hyperspace subscribers will have the first listen to a track from the  

Soundtrack.

A promotional copy of the soundtrack will be included in the Revenge of  

the Sith video game booklet.

iTunes will have a exclusive world premiere first listens.

Retail is $18.98

rotssoundtrack.JPG

A promotional copy of the soundtrack will be included in the Revenge of the Sith video game booklet.

:P

I must say, I like David Vincent's cover art better. Is this one official, or another hypothetical cover?

Guys; this is NOT the official CD artwork. Notice the blur around our battling "heroes" feet? This is just a simple way to masque the film's logo. They clearly took the poster as the template for this work, whereas the original CD artwork department will work with the image sans title.

The one made here is also derived from the poster including logo and all, but is done in a much better and more professional way.

Oh; and why is Darth Vader so dark? Otherwise they couldn't insert the top Star Wars logo without giving it away. Amateurs!

Well, there's no "Han Solo and the Princess"....and they even included more incidental music like "The Dune Sea of Tatooine / Jawa Sandcrawler," and repetition with the Force theme being the primary theme in several of the chapters. I guess "Across the Stars" really is the only love theme of the series - "officially" at least. :P

Ray Barnsbury-who feels bad for KM

Well there's no offical concert version of Han and the Princess. But they could have used the cue, even though it's rather short. Who knows. I'm really 50/50 on whether this thing will be any good at all.

It's also disappointing that there's nothing from the Luke/Vader/Palpatine RoJ cues.

Well, there's no "Han Solo and the Princess"....and they even included more incidental music like "The Dune Sea of Tatooine / Jawa Sandcrawler," and repetition with the Force theme being the primary theme in several of the chapters.  I guess "Across the Stars" really is the only love theme of the series - "officially" at least.  :P  

Ray Barnsbury-who feels bad for KM

Yes,something is wrong.Williams is NOT putting a single snippet of that theme on any of his compilations/ re-recordings and concerts.It's like he doesn't like it any more or wants us to forget it.I don't think it's a "coincidence" any more like he just randomly didn't pick any cues where it appears.It should be at the end of The Asteroid Field if they use the OST version,but I bet it's going to be the concert version from the Skywalker Symphony.

Another theory:He got sued by someone for that theme by someone that claimed that he ripped him off.So now he's not allowed to use it legally anymore.

K.M.