Revenge of the Sith Album Press Release

Lurker

What's the difference between "Battle of the Heroes" and "Anakin vs Obi-Wan"? Is the former just a theme, and the latter a scene?

I would assume that BotH is a concert version, and "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" somemusic from that scene, but possibly missing a great deal of BotH usage.

Remember TPM? DotF was the concert version at the beginning of the album, with music meant for the end of the film, and there was almost none of the "scored to film" DotF battle music on the album (just the opening fanfare with brass, and the end with Qui-gon's death).

This will most likely be similar (remember (minor spoiler), the Ani vs. Obi fight will be quite long and in several locations).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference between "Battle of the Heroes" and "Anakin vs Obi-Wan"? Is the former just a theme, and the latter a scene?

I would assume that BotH is a concert version, and "Anakin vs. Obi-Wan" somemusic from that scene, but possibly missing a great deal of BotH usage.

Remember TPM? DotF was the concert version at the beginning of the album, with music meant for the end of the film, and there was almost none of the "scored to film" DotF battle music on the album (just the opening fanfare with brass, and the end with Qui-gon's death).

This will most likely be similar (remember (minor spoiler), the Ani vs. Obi fight will be quite long and in several locations).

Keep in mind that the cue titles in the score reports are from Williams' notes and are often changed. And yes, Battle of the Heroes is the concert piece. Anything else will be an in-film cue.

Only 1 track on RotS is good enough for the DVD?

K.M.

would have been nice if they left out across the stars for something better.

I'm with Jeff. My only true problem with those titles.

i don?t know about you guys, but this DVD is something that I've always wanted and never eve imagined that they'd ever do, so it's a pleasant surprise! I liked the DOTF and Across the Stars videos (AND the fact that they play them on MTV, give the young mindless punks a taste of some REAL music), and always wanted similar treatments for all of the main themes for the Star Wars saga. Although we'd all prefer a complete score, this isn't a bad consolation prize at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if "Across the Stars" will be that silly medley you can find on the Ep. II DVD.

That's a possibility, but I'd doubt that. The CD single of Across the Stars had both that medley and an edited version of the theme I believe (or the same as the album version, I forgot now).