JP Complete score error

GoodMusician

I was just going through this site. The complete cue list for JP is inaccurate. It lists that "Looking Back" was unreleased. It actually is the end segment of a track called "Remembering Petticoat Lane." With a little editing, you can have the track.

I just though I'd put that out there. Wasn't quite sure who to tell.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just going through this site. The complete cue list for JP is inaccurate. It lists that "Looking Back" was unreleased. It actually is the end segment of a track called "Remembering Petticoat Lane." With a little editing, you can have the track.

I just though I'd put that out there. Wasn't quite sure who to tell.

I think you're right, GoodMusician. You're a good musician. :(

I noticed a similar inaccuracy in The Witches of Eastwick cue list. I saw the film recently. The Balroom Scene (film version) cue is track 6 (5.41-end) and not officially unreleased, as so is cue19 Casting a Spell (official track 7: 1.36-end)

Yeah, I think there are a couple of inaccuracies in the Harry Potter cue lists too. I know the SS one lists Ollivander's and Terrible But Great Things as two seperate cues when in fact they are one. The music just gets real quiet for a few seconds there.

Holy smokes people. Some are typos, and some are alternates, some are just named different because many people make their own boots and name those cues. So relax. :)

In Witches of Eastwick, The Ballroom Scene (in the movie) is unreleased and the album version is an unused cue. It's not even Williams, it's an opera song (I forget what it is now). Then some versions list the Boston Pops version as an unused alternate to boot, which, I suppose could be considered as one in some ways.

As for Jurassic Park, yes, Looking back is just tracked music. I don't know why the tracked portion has the asterisk... just a typo. I'll take the blame for that because I made that infamous boot. I also took the liberty in the placement of an unused cue and an alternate and placed them where I felt that they should be. :joy:

While we're being picky, the film version of "The Carousel of Death" in The Fury is also unreleased. You have the album version, the unused film version (on the film version CD), a mix of the two (on the original Varese CD), and the film version is unreleased. It's possibly just a sped up/slowed down/edited version of the album, but it's definitely different. Plus, source music (a song named I'm Tired, by I believe both John and Joseph Williams) is forever unreleased, and barely audible in the movie. My pre-Varese set boot had them (I just tack them on a the end of my Varese set as bonus cues).

Hook has multiple alternates (most are completely unneccesary), as well as countless other boots (especially when more than one person makes them). ET too, I think. Those are meant to be a guide, not the gospel truth or anything.

In reply to Chris about The Witches of Eastwick: Yes I know in the ballroom scene the music that is heard is "Nessum Dorma" (or something like that) from Turandot. I wasn't talking about that. This cue fades in Williams' music which is track 6 (5.41-end). It's in the scene where the 3 witches float in the air which is part of the Ballroom scene.