A Revenge of the Sith Primer

Lurker

I think it's pretty obvious that Dooku knows that Sidious is Palpatine. They are in this together, and have started this entire war so that Sidious/Palpatine (same person, not two seperate entites) can take power. Sidious sets everything up so that he can lore Anakin as well as seize all the power he eventually will seize in Episode III. In the opening of Episode III, it's clear yet again that Dooku and Sidious have arranged this whole scenario and Sidious is going to turn on Dooku the same way he tried to do with Vader in Return of the Jedi, by convincing Anakin that he has to kill Dooku. You will see it in the film, and when he says this, Dooku is going to look at Palpatine knowing that he's been betrayed. Sidious/Palatine has this happen since he knows that Anakin will take Dooku's place at his side.

So to me, the ending of Episode II is clear in that Dooku and Sidous/Palpatine are working together to create this war so that Sidious can have control. It's a scenarios that very much borrows from history. There have been several rulers who have started wars for the sake of their own power. And I love how Sidious has pretty much staged the entire Clone War so that he could bcome Emperor.

Ted

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, in the duel dooku plays as if he doesnt know who palpatine is, since there could be some separatits eavesdropping them in the ship.

You can see for example, in AOC, he says to poogle 'the lesser', "my master will not let the republic go away with this affront" (or something like that), he is just reasurring the separatists who are the ones who dont know. and latter in the end we see the two sith lords speaking of the war they have created...

The Prequels have made me realize Palpy is actually the smartest person in the whole damn SW saga.  

Sadly. that isnt saying much.

You know, you bashed the OT too...

Neil -> :baaa: <- Rogue