The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

That article is from February. Since then they've announced the Lego ideas Tardis and two Who themed Lego Dimensions packs. I doubt there's anything more to it. Although of course nothing would be cooler than having them turn it into a full series with minifigs for each of the Doctors.

• 2 weeks later...

They are on Karn, site of the Tom Baker classic The Brain of Morbius. The Eighth Doctor regenerated there during the special The Night of the Doctor back in 2013 featuring the female Sister of Karn that was in the video.

Shame - she and Capaldi work really well together.

I also wonder whether Capaldi is going to do only three seasons like the previous actors. I guess the sticking point is having the time for other projects in between series, of which I'd imagine someone of Capaldi's stature wants more.

Shame - she and Capaldi work really well together.

I think they could. I like her (she was great with Smith) and I like Capaldi, but I thought much of the last season suffered from having the Doctor be so anti-Clara that it killed a lot of the dynamics between the two. I hope they work together better in the upcoming season.

Last Christmas was supposed to be her final episode, then at the last minute she changed her mind and reshot the ending (and gave Shona the heave-ho). Until there is an official press release by the BBC stating so, I can't believe she's leaving. She's already changed her mind once, she can do it again (though I wish she left when Smith did, I didn't like what they did to her character with Capaldi).

Hm, I disagree. I liked her with Smith, as a character - a lot, actually: she made me not miss the Ponds, which I think was quite an achievement. I don't think she was so much different as a character with Capaldi, only the Doctor kept rejecting her, which created an antagonism between the two that hardly ever went anywhere but ruined a large part of their companionship. (It didn't help that Danny Pink was a useless character most of the time and only helped to fuel the Doctor/Clara antagonism).

Yes, setup mostly, and Missy/The Master can still easily get on my nerves without a strong story, but this wasn't bad. I like the plot idea. And it's good to finally have the Dalek choir back.

Creepy, funny, hitting you with an absolute jaw-dropping revelation just before the opening credits and bursting with references to both Who's recent and distant past AND feeling more like the first part of an end-of-season finale rather than its opener ... you better BELIEVE the Doctor is back! :D

The pre credits scene was indeed excellent.

The big reveal of Skaro is supposed to be (one of) this episodes OMG moments. But we've seen Skaro before, in Asylum Of The Daleks. The Doctor and the Ponds were brought there. So I wasnt sure what the huge fuss was.....

Dude!

I think it was because Skaro's been rebuilt ... the Seventh Doctor tricks Davros into destroying it at the end of Remembrance Of The Daleks and from what I recall in Asylum Of ..., it was still pretty much devastated.

A nice new variation of the 'A Good Man' theme. Missy's theme gets another whirl and the Dalek music is resurrected for their return! Hopefully more good episodes and more importantly, good music!

Surprisingly low key follow-up to last weeks episode.

Like that one there really isnt much actual story there. I actually wonder if that's why they included Missy?

Actually both this episode and the first one seem to have more Clara/Missy then The Doctor. And they don't do anything substantially important to the plot (Missy's foils are fun to watch, but don't seem to be anything but minor pestering this time)

The scenes between the Doctor and Davros are very good though. There's some nice depth and poignancy there. In the end it was almost a pity when it all turned out to be a deception. And even moreso when The Doctor knew it was a deception all along.

So a very typical Moffat episode, with all the good and bad things that come with it. One thing that did bother me is the Doctor's surprise that a Dalek knows the word "mercy".

Why does that bother you? Edit: Didn't check your video, and didn't remember. Ok, so it's a continuity issue. But in general (and especially within the episode's Clara/Dalek arc), I thought it was a nice touch.

I wouldn't call the episode "low key". Rather beautifully dark in a personal way, something that was mostly missing from Capaldi's first season. The initial temptation of Dalek genocide seemed tangible, and I can only wonder how Eccleston's Doctor would have handled it. Davros as a Vader/Emperor hybrid was a delight.

Moffat sure likes the word "squelchy". And I want a Dalek bumper car.

Actually the genocide proposition was probably a callback to the Tom Baker era Genesis Of The Daleks rather then anything Eccleston.

The music was rather good. Some nice vocalizations.

No obvious hint of a season arc right now. I'm guessing Missy will be back, possibly teamed up with Davros?