The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

38 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

I think Bill will continue to be the next Doctor's companion, I don't see them killing her off after a single series. 

Will you pick it up again with the new Doctor and showrunner, Steef?

Why wouldn't they kill her, Sweep? They effectively did it with Donna, after one season.

I'm intrigued to see what Chibnall will do with a new Doctor.

I dunno ... the vast majority of companions seem to chalk up at least a couple of series, I just reckon Bill will be the same.  

Nardole seems a likelier candidate to bite the bullet, if you ask me.  

18 minutes ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

Who the fuck would confuse the smashing black Martha Jones with those crusty old white women? 

You are not wrong!

But after last year, I cannot take her name seriously anymore.

Thanks for that, Razzie-winners!

So I couldn't resist the temptation. ;)

Batman v Superman with its award for worst script.

Aka the script that is based on "Batman and Superman fight for no good reason, then stop because both their mothers happen to be named Martha".

Anyway, that's not particularly related to Doctor Who.

So what do you guys think of our chances to see more of Gallifrey and other Time Lords now that it is officially back?

3 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

So what do you guys think of our chances to see more of Gallifrey and other Time Lords now that it is officially back?

Quite good, obviously, especially considering that we've seen bits and pieces over the years anyway, even when it wasn't back. Not necessarily right in the next season though, and after that it obviously depends on what direction Chibnall is going to take with the series.

Apparently betting on Kris Marshall being the next Doctor has been suspended. Make of that what you will. 

And an image revealing who the adversaries in the season finale will be has been released. They are ...

Spoiler

... the original Hartnell-era Mondasian Cybermen, fulfilling a long-held wish of Capaldi's for his Doctor to come up against them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see it's been announced that Bill is to be the first openly gay 'full' companion. Internet opinion seems roughly divided between 'that's great' and 'typical BBC 'diversity' box-ticking ... bah!'.

Personally, I was heartened by the interview clip accompanying the announcement in which Pearl Mackie said 'I'm not here to represent every person of colour, or every gay person' ... sounds like she's uninterested in bogging Doctor Who down in 'issue politics', thank God. With luck, Bill's sexuality will just be written as an aspect of her character.     

Nu-Who especially has a very large LGBT fanbase because it's always had a very "whatever makes a person happy" approach to sexuality.  From the very first RTD season.  The new companion being gay seems like a natural progression of that.

1) Donna Noble

2) Jackie Tyler

3) Pete Tyler

4) Alfred Mott

5) Mickey Smith

6) Sarah Jane Smith

7) K9

8) Clara Oswald

8 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

I'm up to mid season 4. I like it.

It's season 30!!!!! 30, get it?????!!!!!!! Thirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-0!!!!!!! :kaboom:

1 minute ago, Richard said:

1) Donna Noble

2) Jackie Tyler

3) Pete Tyler

4) Mickey Smith

5) Sarah Jane Smith

6) K9

7) Clara Oswald

Guest spots are not main companions.  And yowch, not even a ranking for the Ponds?  Donna just barely edges them out for me.

4 hours ago, Richard said:

1) Donna Noble

2) Jackie Tyler

3) Pete Tyler

4) Alfred Mott

5) Mickey Smith

6) Sarah Jane Smith

7) K9

8) Clara Oswald

Incorrect! 

Please try again.

And Justin is right, it's series 4.

Baker did, but Pertwee often referred to her, as Sarah Jane. He greets her as Sarah Jane, in THE FIVE DOCTORS (yeah, I know that's the 80s) and even Tennant greets her as Sarah Jane, in SCHOOL REUNION (a classy piece of work, if ever there was one!).

No companion comes close to Jo Grant.

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Admittedly NOT my first choice for returning character; quite a surprising one too!

But should still be fun, so I'm not complaining! :D