The Doctor Who Thread.....

Greg1138

and the husband from Keeping Up Appearances.

Oh yes - that would be Mr Copper.....as previously, I hope you are taking notes ROTFLMAO

She's more assertive then Rose and Martha, though not always in a sensible way.

Tate's comedic background, and Tennant's gift for comedy promises a good pairing to me.'

For me, that's a major part of the magic behind the season....

And the music, broad, sweeping, almost epic, with a very good new theme for The Doctor.

That theme was actually created in Series 3, and it is my favorite of Gold's many Who themes. You'll hear it quite a bit all through Series 4 too.

Voyage of the Damned, even with the Christmas feel, is basically Who doing a summer blockbuster movie. If the proposed actual movie is anything like it I'd be happy.

We are also to get 3 more Torchwood radio dramas over the first 3 days of July as a "stopgap"....if they are as good as last year's "Lost Souls" I am in for a treat....

Indeed they were, and indeed I was - great fun!

Fast forward to Children of Earth, please!!

The Fires of Pompeii

Donna is more willing to challenge the Doctors authority on matters of time. This is why The Fires of Pompeii works well.

Nice jabs at the Tardis's universal translator. :huh:

The Romans once again speak with English dialect. And The Doctor's name is Spartacus...and so is Donna's.

There's nothing wrong with the episode I guess, but I was drunk when I saw it....

Billy Piper seems to have some dental work done though, her jawline is different.

Wait 'til you hear her new lisp! It's a bit distracting.

The last Dr Who I saw drunk was 42. If anything it added to the claustrophobic confusion of that story!

Planet Of The Ood

The Ood, that wondererfull race from Season 2 return.

There status as "servants" of the human race is explored more this time.

The great thing about the design of the Oood is that at first they look scary, but it you look a little longer.

The scene of the wild born Oods, sitting together singing their song was wonderfull.

Percy from Blackadder was in this, he's rather slimy and bald. :huh:

Doctor Who with a message, but without beating you over the head with it.

The Fires of Pompeii

Donna is more willing to challenge the Doctors authority on matters of time. This is why The Fires of Pompeii works well.

Nice jabs at the Tardis's universal translator. :huh:

The Romans once again speak with English dialect. And The Doctor's name is Spartacus...and so is Donna's.

There's nothing wrong with the episode I guess, but I was drunk when I saw it....

The shots of the destruction of Pompeii is some of the Mill's best effects work.

The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky

Martha returns. Perhaps a bit too soon I think. But OK.

So these Sontarans are old enemies of the Doctor? They are interesting, but not as good as the Daleks or Cyberman.

I like UNIT, and I even The Doctor's disdain for UNIT's metods even more.

The murderous 18 year old was american right? Figures.... They like that warlike culture.

Donna and Martha not beating each other over The Doctor's affectionms was a nice nice touch. Martha is sooo over him, and Donna isn't into him at all. ;)

First the first time a Compagnion's family member likes The Doctor. The mothers still hate him though.

I caught that short little snippet of Rose on the monitor, crying out. Very nice.

The eerie scene with the 2 INIT officers discovering the cloning room worked really well. I like the sort of suave, Clive Owen like actor in that scene.

I really like Gold's theme for Donna Noble.

Good story, good action, good acting. Can''t really say much against it.

So these Sontarans are old enemies of the Doctor? They are interesting, but not as good as the Daleks or Cyberman.

The Sontarans were third behind the Daleks and Cybermen in classic series appearances (or fourth if you count the Master). They even tried to invade Gallifrey once. They were the creation of classic Who's best writer, Robert Holmes, and are wonderfully realized. I had a serious geek out moment when the Doctor mocks their war with the Rutans in part 2, which has been around since the first Sontaran story.

Oh my....the new Torchwood is very, very good....

....and the "Back" sent shivers up my spine....who are the 456? Do we know them?

The Doctors Daughter

The main story, 2 civilisations of clones at war with each other feels very Trekkie.

It's an OK episode. I liked the Fishoids.

So the Doc has a dughter now. :lol: Good acting by father and daughter, but there's so much crammed in this episode that this storyline doesn't really get the attention it deserves.

Why is Martha in this episode?

Oh my gosh. The new torchwood was just amazing. That's the kind of tight, balanced writing this show needed and sorely lacked since it began. I hate to say it, but the removal of two characters has only strengthened the show, allowing more time to develop Gwen, Ianto and most importantly Jack. I was particularly impressed with the development of his situation and how it affected the people in his personal life. The 5-episode arc definitely seems the way to go from now on. I can't wait for day two.

Damn damn damn! Now I'm going to have to start avoiding this thread again until my TW:COE DVD arrives in 3 weeks! Oh well, I ordered the DVDs of TW seasons 1 and 2 which should arrive any day now. I'll watch those in preparation for the new story! :lol:

It really is an amazing time to be a Dr Who fan. I really consider myself lucky to have grown up with Tom Baker's Doctor, and to be around for this incredible Renaissance of Dr Who (Sarah-Jane Adventures, Torchwood, K9 etc)

I've been asking myself that for over a year. She's also the most redundant one in the finale.

I still haven't watched series 2 of Torchwood, but I might check out the new one with all the positive things being said about it. Series 1 was enough of a disappointment that I never really felt like going back.

Part 2 of Torchwood dragged a little, but made up for it in the slam-bang final 15 minutes....superb stuff!! One moment almost had me cheering at the telly....only Russell T Davies can do that, I feel! The character of Lois - I feel she's going to be around for quite a while....good job too....

Sadly I am at work during the broadcast of episodes 3 and 4, so gonna have to catch up with it all before Friday night's finale.....this has turned into a real TV event.....

I still haven't watched series 2 of Torchwood, but I might check out the new one with all the positive things being said about it. Series 1 was enough of a disappointment that I never really felt like going back.

Depends what you were expecting I guess - but so far there is nothing in "Children of Earth" that means you had to have seen series 2 - except for what happened to 2 characters from series 1 - no other continuity bits as yet. In fact, it so nearly stands alone. So far.

I've been asking myself that for over a year. She's also the most redundant one in the finale.

Why is Martha in any episode? Never liked her a bit. (Nice ass, but that's about it.) And her acting, which was never very good, was atrocious in The Doctor's Daughter... when the Hath person on the surface with her dies... her "crying", OMG my wife and I burst out laughing it was soooo bad! I'm sorry Freema, but you just didn't cut it for us.

I hope not. Artists are at their most creative when they have a personal interest in the message. Admittedly it can get a little preachy if not kept under control, but for the most part I think RTD was inspired.

So, am I right in believing 2009 will have no regular season of Doctor Who, and if so, why not?

No proper season, right. There's a series of hour long specials that started last Christmas with The Next Doctor. There was one at Easter (Planet of the Dead), the next one will be in the October/November time frame (The Waters of Mars), then a two-parter rumored for Christmas day and New Year's Day that will wrap up both the Tennant and RTD eras.

There were several reasons behind this:

- To give Tennant time to star as Hamlet with the RSC late last year and the start of this year, the same time that a new series would be filmed. It was a huge success, so much so that the BBC has decided to film and release a version.

- To make the RTD/Moffatt transition smoother.

- And I'm sure there were budgetary concerns too, even before the events of the last 8 months or so.

The 5th series under the Moff and starring Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor should start filming at any time, if it hasn't secretly already.

a two-parter rumored for Christmas day and New Year's Day that will wrap up both the Tennant and RTD eras.

Apart from "Special Project 3" ;)

The 5th series under the Moff and starring Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor should start filming at any time, if it hasn't secretly already.

I think I'm right in saying that the studio work has begun....

The Unicorn and the Wasp

A real smasher of a who-dunnit ;)

Fenella Woolgar makes for a marvelous Agatha. (after Dickers and Shakespeare the third literary legend to team up with The Doctor)

The script has fun with the typical murder mystery cliches. and puts in big giant wasps. ;)

Silence In The Library/Forest of the Dead

Is is me, or does Steven Moffat consistantly turn in the most deepest, most profound Doctor Who scripts?

This 2 parter starts with a flash forward, which in this series is usually a good sign. :)

The Coruscant inspired exteriors of the Library world look amazing.

Donna Noble has really come from from the screaming hag in a wedding dress!

The concept of this 2 parter is rather hard to follow at first, but it really pays off in the end (even if it does crib from The Matrix a bit)

2 great lines:

"I'm a time traveller, I point and laugh at archeologists

"I'm The Doctor...Look me up!"

The producers apparantly wanted Kate Winslet for the role of River Song. I'm personally glad they got Alex Kingston instead. She finds exactly the right note.

Her sacrifice is both moving and logical (from a temporal point of view), and her eventual salvation, while a bit contrived is something of a small joy.

I also liked the return of the "everybody lives" theme Moffat introduced in The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

Season highlight so far!

Midnight.

Tense, claustrophobic episode were The Doctor is trown at the mercy of a scared and angry mob.

Tight camerawork, creepy music and well balanced performances help keep you on the edge of your seat.

We see that The Doctor, the mighty Time Lord, stripped of his Tardis, without his compagnion can be as vulnerable as any of us.

Brilliant depection of humanity when it succumbs to paranoia and fear, and the veneer of pleasent civilisation is lost.

Russel T. Davis continues to put small references of homosexuality in the series. Small and harmless enough not to bother the kids or to disturb the adults.

This time he (probably unintentionally) made the lesbo a creepy murderous alien. ;)

Turn Left.

The first shot of Rose gave me goosebumps. Her lisp did distract a bit though :)

Tate delivers her best work yet, going effortlessly from the loud-mouth hag to the more thoughtfull Donna Noble.

Russel T. Davies last 2 scripts has been really dark. Usually he can be a bit fluffy and lightweight, but not here.

Loved the way this episode ties in with the last 2 seasons. The big disaster of The Master returning is absent, but of course without The Doctor being alive, I suppose he's still Derek Jacobi. ;)

BTW, the fortuneteller was Chan Tho from Utopia, right?

Nice to hear The Doctor's vocalize again, I've been missing it in the musical scores.

The solution of Donna sacrifizing herself is basically a repeat of Father's Day, isn't it? And in both cases Rose is there to comfort the dying. Nice touch.

The finale, those two words, even though I know what they were going to be, when I finally heard Bad Wolf...it was spine tingling!

The Stolen Earth!

Not with the Daleks again? Weren't they destoyed? Oh well....

Russel T. Davies part 1 of his final 2 parter has everything from the kitchen sink, every compagnion of importance is there, and Harriet Jones, and Mickey, and Rose's mum. Some people from Torchwood, and thankfully Captain Jack.

Much of it plays like a long rollercoaster ride. The plot is beyond reason, the going ons beyond belief....and yet.

The few moments when this episode pauses for a moment and let's it's viewer breath.....

The final scene, Rose and the Doctor running towards each other, The Doctor getting shot, the start of regeneration....

A heck of a cliffhanger..

Journey's End.

As resolutions to cliffhanger's go, this one is nearly as much a cop-out as the one from TNG's The Best Of Both Worlds. ;)

Like part one the script is beyond reason, beyond understanding, and far beyond arrogance.

There can be an easyness...a smuggness in RTD's writing at times. This episode had tons of it.

From a pure objective viewpoint this script is really...rather horrible, self indulgent, lazy etc...etc...

But it does work, there's so much mad energy in it that you forgive the fact that you are being taken for the proverbial ride.

The special effects are mostly poor. The Mill had such a vast workload on this 2 parter that they surely did not have the time or money do do anything properly, so it all looks a bit iffy.

This Davros is an intersting enemy, but the episode is so full that there's not much time to spend on him.

The Doctor and Rose say goodbye again on Bad Wolf Bay, and yet they don't, because Rose now gets her Doctor.

Her final scene is moving, but pales to the one in Doomsday. Perhaps because we've seen it before, perhaps because Rose isn't so important anymore. Perhaps because she'll probably be back at some point. (I just thought of something, the human/timelord hybrid is a neat and handy way for Tennant to occasionally return in the series even after his upcoming regeneration. Though i'm not sure it's something to be encouraged.)

Now for the real point of the episode. Despite being surrounded by half a dozen other companions, Daleks, explosions etc...etc... Catherine Tate positively shines in her final performance as Donna Noble. Loved the way she dealt with the hybrid Doctor. (not to mention Tennants impersonation of Donna).

Her departure from The Tardis, from The Doctor's life, is cruel. Even crueler then Rose's fate at the end of season 2.

The final few minutes save this episode from becoming just a big outlandish epic, to something much deeper.

Donna is who she was before she met The Doctor, it's a terrible fate.

And I hope they never come back to her.

What did you think of Davros, Steef? Not being a classic series guy I assume it's the first time you've seen him.

The finale, those two words, even though I know what they were going to be, when I finally heard Bad Wolf...it was spine tingling!

I couldn't tell you how many times I watched just that couple of minutes in the week between Turn Left and The Stolen Earth. Just awesome.

Is it? I never noticed if it was the same actress, but it wouldn't be an intentional reference.

Interesting observations Steef. What did you think of the music in the last few episodes? I remember being blown away by the new Dalek march. So simple yet so powerful.

In other news, I'm stuck without any means to watch the next few parts of Torchwood, at least for a couple of days. I've seen part one and was mighty impressed, so can't wait to keep watching. It's really good for a temporary fix while waiting for The Waters of Mars which seems so far away!

Is it? I never noticed if it was the same actress, but it wouldn't be an intentional reference.

I hadn't noticed this either, but well-spotted Mr Cosman Sir - it is indeed Chipo Chung playing both roles. I'm going to suggest therefore that she is one of only 2 actors/actresses to appear as 2 different characters in the same season. The other actor is David Tenant who played 2 different roles in the same episode so I give him a little more credit, especially as Chan Tho only appeared in flashback. However I suppose you could argue also that Donna Noble and the "DoctorDonna" are 2 different characters too....oh bugger, wish I hadn't started this now!!

I consider different characters to be completely separate people, so Tennant playing the 2 roles is different to the same actor being used for 2 entirely different roles in two episodes.

Not surprising though; the BBC seems to have a pool of actors for certain genres. For instance, Frobisher from Torchwood is the same guy who played the father in Fires of Pompeii.

Steef,

I strongly urge you check out Davros' first appearance in the wonderful "Genesis of the Daleks" from Tom Baker's tenure as the Doctor. It's a marvellous story, and a truly amazing performance by Michael Wisher as Davros. This story is generally hailed as one of the best of the original series, if not THE best.

I agree that Donna Noble should never return. Her final episode was one of the most powerful of the entire series, and any return appearances would greatly diminish the strength of her closing scenes. Truly heartbreaking stuff!

I really don't feel like going into the old series of Doctor Who at this point in my life. From what I remember of it, it's very different to the current show.

I liked Davros, I suppose. But he's in a story so filled with other characters, all fighting for attention.

His return did not do what The Master's return did.

I agree that Donna Noble should never return. Her final episode was one of the most powerful of the entire series, and any return appearances would greatly diminish the strength of her closing scenes. Truly heartbreaking stuff!

Yeah, Donna should be kept as is, especially since Rose's big return isn't quite as strong as I would have liked it, or Martha's contributions to season 4, that really do little for her character. (i loved her big farewell from The Doctor, haven't liked her much since).

I think the problem with these big apocalyptic Russel T. Davis stories is that they can be very good, if you are willing to look past a lot of obvious flaws.

The Stolen Earth/Journey's End is basically to much of a fanboy wank fest to be in the same league as some of the real classics of the revived series.

There is no restraint what so ever.

Overall though season 4 is superb.

No obvious arc unlike the first 3 (Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Mr. Saxon).

I figured this seasons arc would be Rose. It's very clever that plain simple Donna turned out to be the through-line all along.

The Next Doctor

Not quite what I thought it would be. :P

I guess there will never be another X-mas special like The Christmas Invasion. Having said that, this is entertaining stuff.

RTD has obviously calmed down a bit and created a screenplay that's a little more reasonable.

David Morresy is very good as the man who thinks he's the Doctor, and discovers the terrible reality.

I just love the design of the Cyberman, even moreso then the Daleks, they just look so frightening.

Loved the balloon Tardis!

Awesome special effects, a nice Christmassy Dickensian mood and an evil feminist.

Everything you need on Christmas.

Planet Of The Dead.

The opening deliberatly recalls a Bond teaser, with Gold's music aping David Arnold, and the Doctor's face being unseen untill he states his name. A nice trowaway joke that leads nowhere. The rest of the plot is closer to Flight Of The Phoenix.

Michelle Ryan is fetching as the one-off assistant, though there really is not that much chemistry between her and Tennant. They spend a lot of time together in this episode, and even kiss at the end.

I'd rather have learned more abour Carmen's visions of a civilisation that is no more.

UNIT returns, and Lee Evans gets some of the best lines as a genius fanboy who names a scientific scale after himself, and acts like a Doctor Who fanboy.

The moment were UNIT Cpt Mogambo pulls a gun on him rings false though.

This Easter special is a perfectly acceptable hour of Doctor Who, without being really remarkable.

No temporarily without a full series, these specials feel like those "Poirot" TV movies, were David Suchet solves a case or 2 a year, long after the actual TV series has ended.

Even the final scene with Carmen predicting the end of The Doctor's Song, and the coming of a man who will knock 4 times. (the Master's drumming theme anyone?) feels a bit like stating the obvious. It's long known know that Tennant will leave the series.

I think he's done just about all he can do with the role. In this one and the previous special he ticks off all the boxes, says all the lines (Allons-y, I'm sorry, i'm so sorry...etc...)

There are a few specials left I gather. I hope he will bring something we had not seen before, and end it on a brilliant note.

The Next Doctor is on BBC 3 right now, watching it again. :P

Dervla Kirwan is very good in the Miranda Richardson role.

Love The Doctors emphathy with Jackson Lake, and his admiration for him.

I can understand your not wanting to dip into the original series. My wife loves the new series (it's her favourite TV show!) but she can't stand the original series. The overall tone of the original series is very different (somewhere between the new series and the Sarah Jane Adventures in terms of target audience age I would say). Yes, it's a little cheesy in places. However there are some terrific stories which IMHO stand quite well alongside the new episodes. I would recommend anything from seasons 12-14 in particular, but especially:

Genesis of the Daleks

The Ark in Space

Pyramids of Mars

Planet of Evil

Terror of the Zygons (amazing story with one particularly poorly realised monster...)

Seeds of Doom

The Talons of Weng Chiang

The Deadly Assassin

I've probably listed my favourite 8 Who stories :lol:

As for David Morissey, I honestly think he would have made one hell of an 11th Doctor.

His return did not do what The Master's return did.

I actually thought Davros' return was as strong as the Master's. It helped that Julian Bleach was so perfectly cast for the role, the best Davros since Michael Wisher.

Regarding Donna,

Catherine Tate has been seen filming for the final specials, but it looked like she's going to have little more than cameos while Wilf goes on to be a proper companion and will not have her memory restored.

The coming of a man who will knock 4 times. (the Master's drumming theme anyone?) feels a bit like stating the obvious.

Apparently not....RTD has stated that "Even if you think you know what the 'knock 4 times' reference means, you don't". My guess is that it is indeed the Master, but something a lot more convoluted, and ultimately more shocking....

EDIT: Hereth followeth my carefully considered revieweth of Children of Eartheth: Dayeth Four.

Ready?

Here goes:

"F**K ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

EDIT 2: Haha - just realised exactly what post-number of this thread this is!! Cool beans.....

Well - that's it for Torchwood: Children of Earth....event TV at it's best - heart rending, exciting, character-based excellence. Astonishing performances all round, and some uncomfortable and edgey viewing in places.

MAAAAAJOR SPOILERS!!

The final episode was, in some ways, the weakest of the story. The whole conceit about the events being part of a drug deal is - well, ok, I guess I kinda buy it, but it just seemed a bit of a let down. The final solution to the problems was dealt with in what seemed like a bit of an afterthought - seemed to lose all sense of pacing. But - it's all over and Captain Jack is the bad guy who sacrifices his own family, Ianto is dead and the Torchwood Hub is detroyed....what next for the team?

Here's to the next chapter....

The coming of a man who will knock 4 times. (the Master's drumming theme anyone?) feels a bit like stating the obvious.

Apparently not....RTD has stated that "Even if you think you know what the 'knock 4 times' reference means, you don't". My guess is that it is indeed the Master, but something a lot more convoluted, and ultimately more shocking....

And also take into account that John Simm has been seen on location filming, although he nor the Master have been officially confirmed yet.

I read about

Ianto's death

last night, when I'm on vacation week after next I'll probably watch the series. Assuming it's still available online.

Yes, that's exactly how I felt (Greg). The

final 'solution'

just seemed to come in at the last minute, and the 'epic battle' that I'd read about on the council estate turned out to be a few guys in riot gear...

Performances were staggering, didn't notice any visual effects at all and Ben Foster's music was great. I just felt that the 456's threat was a bit cliched and lame...

I mean, wiping out a species?

not something I found particularly scary. I did actually find the 'drug deal' premise reasonably convincing, and seeing that child was almost scary, but it seemed to start losing tension by the end of episode 4, and this one just seemed to try to capitalise on

the grief of parents losing kids, which obviously means a lot more to some (those who have kids) than others

Overall an outstanding series with a commendable first three episodes. I think this could actually have been a full 13 part series - there was plenty of character material to explore, and we'd have got to know and care about the dearly departed just a bit more

Jack's grandkid's death takes more time to sink in than I think they gave it - the episode just seemed to end without giving his daughter any time to take in the devastation)

Roll on 20th July and the soundtrack! (Silva Screen e-mailed the announcement/download availability just 2 minutes after the episode ended tonight)

Just watched "Children of Earth"...

It would have been better if the government put out an advertisement that asked parents if they wanted to get rid of their kids. It would have been quicker and they wouldn't have needed the army to take brute force because people would have consent!

"Do your children nag you and annoy you incessantly day and night? Do you yearn for the peace and quiet you lost after having these horrible accidents? Why not give them to the 456? They'll be out of your hands and you'll never have to put up with their screaming and irritation any longer. Call this toll-free government phone number to make an appointment and our kind servicemen will be at your door to collect your brats as soon as possible."

Honestly, I don't know how I was able to put up with this rubbish.

Ok, question.

If Ianto tell Jack Harkness that he still has a stop watch, and it can be used for a lot of things....and Jack suddenly becomes very happy.

I assume they're not really talking about a stop watch?

Stefan Cosman - racing through Torchwood.

Has anyone else heard about/read the preposterous roumors about Martha marrying Mickey, and Rose marrying The Doctor 2 in the Christmas/New Year specials?! Honestly, it's turning into a soap opera. All together now: #Doctors. Everybody needs good doctors# .

Martha's married already (as of episode 1 of "Children of Earth"), to the doctor she befriended in the year that never happened (whom she obviously introduced herself to when the timeline was restored).

I very much doubt that Rose and the other doctor wouldreturn so soon, especially not for the purposes of getting married (which they're perfectly welcome to do, but not on-screen).

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Martha's married already (as of episode 1 of "Children of Earth"), to the doctor she befriended in the year that never happened (whom she obviously introduced herself to when the timeline was restored).

I very much doubt that Rose and the other doctor wouldreturn so soon, especially not for the purposes of getting married (which they're perfectly welcome to do, but not on-screen).

Sounds like bollocks to me.

Quite, but you never can tell...

I still maintain the human/Timelord hybrid was mostly created as a handy device to have Tennant back for guest spots after his Doctor dies.

Finished Torchwood season 1.

Has Torchwood stop being RTD's agenda show?

To a degree this is certainly true.

Jack Harkness is from the 51th century, and therefore sexually...flexible.

The other 4 don't seem to mind snogging within their gender or outside they're planetary species though.

Now, I'm from the Netherlands, and we like that sort of thing. But there should at least be some acknowledgement of heterosexuals. We also have a place in the world, we deserve to be protrayed in a hit TV show!

Were's the token straight guy!

First few episodes were very dark and dank, lot of exposition, not so much character development though. And a very subdued, deliberate style. Rather atmospheric, but pretty generic.

Enough interesting thing going on to get you to the next episode, but only just.

BTW, I didn't like Cyberwomen much. First of all, I never bought that Ianto could just slip in a human and a cyberconversion unit, secondly, the Cyberwomen did not seem that scary (rather more like a 50's sci-fi costume)

Later episodes became better, a bit brighter, more interesting.

Random Shoes is awfully similar too Dr. Who's Love & Monsters.

Mainly the show suffers a bit from the fact that there are lapses of logic in the scripts, and sometimes things are left too unexplained. Some episodes also don't have much of a final point. (Small Worlds, Out Of Time). If they can better focus the writing then the show would improve dramatically.

It took a while, but the characters finally did come a live.

Owen is more then just a wisecracking pervert. I liked Gwen as the ordinary womasn who hasn't yet been jaded (even though she's a bit of a cheating slag).

Tosh is still a bit unfocused though.

I really like Ianto, precisely because he's such a odd figur in the background.

Captain Jack Harkness.

Not quite the merry and festive guy from the latter half of season one of Who.

He's still an enigma, though more to his team then to us.

John Barrowman keeps growing slightly in the role every episode.

This series has its flaws, but I do like it. Season 2 has to be better though, more imaginative.

I still maintain the human/Timelord hybrid was mostly created as a handy device to have Tennant back for guest spots after his Doctor dies.

It was a way to let the Doctor and Rose be together without the Doctor and Rose being together. Quite ingenious, actually.