Good Jaws DVD News!

Lurker

This thread has turned into a fashion discussion... :baaa:  

:P

Why not? Fashion and trends can be found everywhere and determine how things appear. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and dresses up the galaxy. For instance, fashion and trends were responsible for giving 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) a certain particular look. Every movie breathes a particular style, usually representing the era it's made in. Music is also subject to "fashion". What is hip now might not be so hip in ten years from now. Maybe then fashion will force Williams (assuming of course he found the fountain of youth) to write mainly for drums and synthesizers with an occasional orchestral blast (to give it that old vintage movie feel).

PS: Tommy, are you sure you're Italian? :P

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm Italian. But I hate fashion and the fashion world. I hate stylists. I want to dress the way I want, not the way it's "cool" or "trendy".

Mirko - who thinks the Jaws discussion was thousand times better.

Tommy, you didn't understand one word of what I was trying to say. I wasn't really referring to the catwalk designers, however now that you mention them, they also do the costume design for many, many movies. And, unless you live on Mars and are making our own clothes, fashion designers do determine how you dress yourself.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Hey Neil, stop bashing Manuel like that.

Not everyone has to agree with your purist points of view.

But to say I'd be happier in the past is a ridiculous claim and a stupid thing to say.

Neil

:baaa:

Lets see... you even want a MONO version of Star Wars.

Why in the hell someone would want to hear that?

At some point i agree with you, since the oscars are awarded to movies made when they were made, and therefore if the movies are changed they cannot claim that they won for what is presented today.

But well, if i have to chose between a sterero and 5.1 version (well crafted) i'll chose the best quality sounding...

And what, tell me now that you wouldnt go back to the past and attend to the Star Wars premiere again. huh? :P

Tommy, you didn't understand one word of what I was trying to say. I wasn't really referring to the catwalk designers, however now that you mention them, they also do the costume design for many, many movies. And, unless you live on Mars and are making our own clothes, fashion designers do determine how you dress yourself.

The point is, I hate them anyways. I don't live on Mars, but I really dislike this world, full of anorexic girls and gay men. Do you find this cool?

Sorry, I fail to see the good in this world. The stylist put out a collection, and "pretend" you dress with that shit, otherwise you'll be considered "un-cool".

Nobody determine my style. The way I dress, is the way I like, not the way Armani likes. If, for example, I buy a pair of Michael Jordan's Nike basketball shoes, it's because I like them, not because "they're Michael Jordan's shoes, wow it's cool to have them, let's buy them". If I cover my ass with oversize pants like rappers, it's because I like that kind of pants, not because Eminem told me "wear this or you suck".

If someone doesn't like my wear style, that's not my problem. I rather be labeled as "un-cool" instead of "fashion victim".

You can open a thread for discuss about this, but don't pretend I'll post in it. :baaa:

Mirko - post # 2001: An Off-Topic Odissey.

*Cough* Not that this isn't fascinating but I think we're missing the point. Yes this Jaws release could be interesting. I just recently watched Jaws on DVD I didn't really notice the sound. Except for the "Smile you son of a *bang*"

Justin

No, but I love women.

I'm not as extreme as Chris, but I just don't agree with the way gays see women.

That is the single dumbest thing I have ever seen you write here.

Great, another idiot on the MB.

Perhaps Neil was right afterall.

What's wrong about liking girls Steef?

And obviously, when I said Chris is extreme, I was of course talking about the infamous "Sex oriented thread". I'm straight. I hope it's not a problem for you.

What's wrong about liking girls Steef?

What's wrong with not liking them?

And obviously, when I said Chris is extreme, I was of course talking about the infamous "Sex oriented thread".

You mean this one?

http://www.jwfan.net/index.php?name=PNphpB...p=123536#123536

I'm straight. I hope it's not a problem for you.

I am indifferent towards it, but your earlier statement seems very odd to me.

Tommy basically told me I'm gay because I talked about costume design. He dislikes gay people, but not so explicitly as some other members here at the board. Guess that makes it okay.

It was discriminating, one could almost say. :)

What's wrong with not liking them?

Nothing. That's just my opinion. I never said "I hate gays" (since I was referring to the fashion world in that post)

Of course. I repeat, I don't have nothing against gays, I just don't agree with them about that. The world is great because we all have different opinions. If we would be all the same, that's would be mortally boring, IMO. I can agree with everything you want, but I don't agree about men loving men, or women loving women. You know, I'm a traditionalist in this.

I am indifferent towards it, but your earlier statement seems very odd to me.

You seem to get upset about a lot of things I said, what about ignore some of my posts? If I had to respond EVERYTIME I see a statement I don't agree with, I would already have 3000 posts now. My advice is, please, sometimes get over it. Enjoy the board like everybody use to do, and don't act like the one who is obliged to judge everyone.

Tommy basically told me I'm gay because I talked about costume design. He dislikes gay people, but not so explicitly as some other members here at the board. Guess that makes it okay.

Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I never said/thinked that.

I think you're generalizing too much. You're much extreme than me now.

It was discriminating, one could almost say.

That's a little bit extreme. I'm not homophobic. I just stated that I like women, and I would never get engaged with another man. But I don't have anything agains it. The funny thing is, both you and Stefan agree with me, yet you like to bash me anyway. :)

And Alex, don't feel obliged to act like Ender, defending Steef like he were God.

Mirko - hoping to hear soon some Jaws DVD news to discuss about.

Now if I got Alex to defend me and agree with everything i said, I would feel like a God indeed.

I never knew you and Ender always make common cause (you know, "two hands one one belly" :) )

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

This thread was good when it was about Jaws, bad when talking about fashion and ugly with that useless end.

I never knew you and Ender always make common cause (you know, "two hands one one belly" ;) )

:) Alex, have you ever noticed that Ross' posts, when responding to Stefancos, always contains the word "my deity" "God" and the :) smiley? I think he's joking, by the way. If not, he must be insane. :D

SO what kind of extras should we expect from the NEW Jaws release.

SO what kind of extras should we expect from the NEW Jaws release.

:) Joe!

Well, talking about extras...a John Williams video and/or interview it's the first thing who comes in my mind. But I'd like to have a Spielberg video too. Maybe it should be like the Bonus Indy DVD, with short videos about a lot of arguments. Well, maybe longer videos, thought.

A long making-of, with Spielberg showing the fake machanical sharks they used in the movie, like he did in a photo of the booklet in the Collector's Edition of the score.

Mirko - who don't have any Jaws DVD, so doesn't know the extras of the previously release.

Because it's an amazing mix. I've heard it. It is the most complete and polished version of Star Wars that I've heard. It was the final mix done for the film in 1977 and it sounds like it! Everything is in it and there are even some things heard in this track not heard anywhere else! Yes, it should be released. Would I listen to it everytime I watched the movie? Probably not, but on occasion I would. And if given a choice between the mono track and the 2004 5.1 re-mix, I'd pick the mono everytime!

I really dislike this world, full of anorexic girls and gay men. Do you find this cool?  Sorry, I fail to see the good in this world.

"We've learned to fly the air like birds,

we've learned to swim the seas like fish...

but yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers and sisters."

- Martin Luther King Jr. -

Neil

I really dislike this world, full of anorexic girls and gay men. Do you find this cool?  Sorry, I fail to see the good in this world.

"We've learned to fly the air like birds,

we've learned to swim the seas like fish...

but yet we haven't learned to walk the Earth as brothers and sisters."

- Martin Luther King Jr. -

Neil

:):D:) Wow, that's the perfect end for this story!

Great thing, I think I will put that straight to my signature!! ;)

No, really, I just said my opinion as sincerly as everybody did in the "Sexual oriented thread", without any racist intention, as you probably know what I think about racism. ;)

Mirko - who hopes Neil was the one who had the last word on that.

Mirko - who hopes Neil was the one who had the last word on that.

Assuming you don't reply to this post, I will. :roll:

Neil

SO, I REPEAT, I wonder what kind of extra's will be on the Jaws dvd, and whether this will be the cover?

Jaws%20poster.jpg

I hope that will be the cover, without the black background maybe. Like the CE's score cover.

About the extras, I already answered. But I also asked what kind of extras there were on he previously Jaws DVD.

SO, I REPEAT, I wonder what kind of extra's will be on the Jaws dvd, and whether this will be the cover?

Jaws%20poster.jpg

Don't know about extras - other than what's on the current DVD I don't know what else is out there.....but YES - ABSOLUTELY that should be the cover......

btw, that poster is directly in front of my desk in my office at work, nicely framed and protected.

I cannot help but look at it each day, and honestly Mirko, I would prefer the black and the credits, its just a classy look for a DVD.

I wasn't judging the DVD, just the cover. I think, as Joe said, the credits should be on the black background, but that should be the only black part, IMO.

I kinda doubt if such footage was ever made.

Behind the scenes docus were not as plenty as they are today, you know.

I'm pretty sure Spielberg shot the recording-sessions. That's why everyone has been able to see John Williams conducting the score in E.T., Indiana Jones and other movies.

Indeed he did, the footage can be found within the picture gallery photos (+ Williams smoking a huge cigar!) on the original LD then DVD release and the actual live footage was shown during an 'E' special on the making of the film. Let's hope this footage will be included in more complete form as per ET & Raiders etc.

- Tim.

Because it's an amazing mix. I've heard it. It is the most complete and polished version of Star Wars that I've heard. It was the final mix done for the film in 1977 and it sounds like it! Everything is in it and there are even some things heard in this track not heard anywhere else! Yes, it should be released. Would I listen to it everytime I watched the movie? Probably not, but on occasion I would. And if given a choice between the mono track and the 2004 5.1 re-mix, I'd pick the mono everytime!

Neil

Lets see, the 2004 version had reversed music, and we all know how you felt.

Did john Williams intended it to be heard in MONO?

:devil:

Luke, who also is not satisfied with the 2004 mix...

Lets wait to the 3-D release... :roll:

If only Universal will release the original mono version of DENTURES then all will be forgiven. Hearing Kate Mulgrew scream when those needle sharp instruments pierce her delicate skin. Needless to say, the Dolby 5.1 and DTS tracks on the Region 1 disc are historic, the original mono track will be an added bonus for those completists.

Hitch

I used to be big in this town. Nobody cares about an ailing director. In case you're reading this Cecil, please note that I want you out of that crypt before Moses parts the canals in Venice again.

Hitch, leaving cryptic clues.

First prize: a one-way trip to the Galapacos Islands courtesy of yours truly.

Second Prize: You don't talk about the second prize. Ok...it's a sneak preview of Mother's fruit cellar.

Third Prize: Stuffing of your choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Universal has a library full of some of the greatest monster films of all time, and they don't have a single brain among them, that knows what to do with it, hence this abomination for Jaws.