Outstanding Escape Music

Josh500

Which do you like better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1.

• Jango's Escape
    • Anderton's Great Escape

I'm referring here to "Jango's Escape" and "Anderton's Great Escape."

I think "Jango" is one of the best action pieces JW has written in recent years (although some of you superficial listeners complained that it sounds like JW on auto-pilot), and I just love it!!! Especially the horn/trombone counterpoint to the clarinet from 2:17 to 2:24 is nice -- I think only JW could have written this passage, and then conducted it so it sounds the way you hear it.

"Anderton" is, I guess, a close cousin to "Jango", and yet somehow completely different -- both music accompanies action scenes in the future, but if you listen to them often enough, you can't imagine these two being interchangeable. In "Anderton", my favorite part is from 5:14 to 5:23. I can almost imagine JW sitting at the piano, hammering out these notes while the final cut of MR is playing on a big screen TV . . .

Outstanding, really outstanding.

ROTFLMAO

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding escape music:

- Raiders of the Lost Ark: Peru, 1924

- Temple of Doom: Fast Streets of Shanghai

- Last Crusade: Escape from Castle Brunwald

Jango's escape is one of the most annoying Williams action cues of recent times, and easily the worst SW track ever. (well save Augies band maybe)

Anderton's Escape is pretty much a the lost world ripp off and hardly gets any play in this house.

2 astoundingly bad choices, I cannot vote in this poll.

I have voted for Anderton's Escape. Although it's stock Williams music, and somewhat out of place in the (outstanding) Minority Report score, I like it a lot - it's invested with an enthusiasm lacking in his action cues of that period. Steef you say it's a Lost World rip off (which I don't disagree with at all), but that's what Goldsmith did for his action cues his last ten years. (I know there are exceptions, but I'm talking about the overall trend.) And I think Williams got away with it a lot better.

Jango's escape is one of the most annoying Williams action cues of recent times, and easily the worst SW track ever. (well save Augies band maybe)

Anderton's Escape is pretty much a the lost world ripp off and hardly gets any play in this house.

2 astoundingly bad choices, I cannot vote in this poll.

Whatchoo been smokin? Jango's Escape is great ROTFLMAO

I voted Jango's escape. Its the more original one. I have it in my head alot. I like how he scores the scene when Jango is climbing the dome with his spikes. He keeps the action going rather than slowing down. He follows the heartbeat of the characters rather than the action on the screen. Except in obvious places such as the fall.

Whatchoo been smokin? Jango's Escape is great :|

That coming from someone with the silly Yoda with glowing hand CD cover...

what have YOU been smoking?

Well that's just plain rude 8O

Good day, sir! :roll:

I'll take "Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye" any day, thanks. Of the two though, I prefer Anderton I guess. The opening is very exciting.

Ray Barnsbury

And he has the name "Jango"

Question?

I thought not.

Justin - Who voted for Anderton's Great Escape because it rocks in a stock Williams action music type way.

Without Jango there wouldn't be a clone army. And no clue for OB1 to go to KAmino to find out about it. And no cool beheading for Mace, and no trauma for Boba to twist his little soul.

I like both pieces, naturally, but I think Spielberg (as always) uses the music to greater effect, because you can actually hear most of it. In the case of Jango, it appears as though the sound effects are trying to drown out the music. But I agree with some of you that Jango is probably the more original . . .

;)