Anyone else going to wait for the actual CD?

hoby12

Even though I am excited to hear the new soundtrack - I find it a bit disturbing with a few good google searches I can have the entire soundtrack (it seems minus a few tracks) as mp3s. I know that the rest of you here at this board, if they participate in the downloading, will go ahead and buy the CD also. Yet there will be so many people not doing that. And even though he is rich Mr. Williams has definately earned his BMI royalties for this CD, George Lucas and Sony can go f#ck themselves. I know that this happens with like all albums now a day - but I don't buy much of that (except at Ameoba records).

Hoby -

Who just listened to the opening up to the transition and decided it was better to wait.....

and who is also amused by the arrival of more JWFAN.net newbies who come and trash us every time we get excited about something.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the official 1-minute preview, and fell for John Takis' April Fool (!!!) but other than that I will not be trying to download the sondtrack - would rather wait for the official release and hear it all in context....

I won't either, what's the point of downloading something - burning it on a CDR if you want to hear it on a better sound system, and then buying the CD after all just few days or weeks later.

I won't either, what's the point of downloading something - burning it on a CDR if you want to hear it on a better sound system, and then buying the CD after all just few days or weeks later.

That's what makes the iPod so wonderful!

Neil

I wanted to wait, but having those files was too much.

The AOC wait was horrendous, having the score when it leaked, and not heard it (just across the stars) after may 19.

I turned to the dark side this time...

I will be waiting. I have so far listened to: the ringtone; the one minute preview; and the TV spot with the choir Battle of the Heroes.

I want my first experience to be special - reading teh George Lucas blurb, holding the case, listening with my headphones on a proper CD player (better sound quality).

And anyway it is only like 2.5 weeks!

I'll be waiting too. Partly because I want the first experience of this music to be in the best quality it can be. Partly because holding the booklet and looking at the cover art/liner notes/pics is all a part of the first-listen experience for me. Partly because Johnny deserves my hard earned cash. But mostly because I have crappy dial up and it would take forever to download all the tracks! :)

I've listened to the preview as well. I decided that I will wait until the cd is released to listen to the whole thing. There's some magical quality in the act of buying a new JW cd, getting in the car and opening it, looking over the cover and the liner notes, and then popping it in the player and waiting for the opening notes. If I dl and listen over the computer, then that magic would be lost (at least for me). So, in short... I'm waiting.

I haven't listened to a note from this score. Not the ringtone, nor the preview, nor the mp3's or what have you. I can wait for the CD. I always do.

I will wait to buy the CD, but I've already listened to the score

Joe, still trying to get banned as that MF board.

I'm definitely waiting. I listened to the ringtone, the trailers, and the 1 minute Sony Classical preview, and beyond that will only listen to the 30-second clips on Amazon as I did with the first two (maybe). I want to have the whole thing in my hands when I hear it for the first time.

I've listened to the ringtone, Main Title track, and Anakin vs Obiwan. I'm not going to listen to anymore until the CD comes out.

Mainly because I want to here it for the first time in the best quality available. After listening to the two MP3s, I was disappointed by the crappy quality.

I shall wait and just watch the threads go by.

I downloaded the soundtrack as fast as I could :wave:

I know it is exciting to buy the CD in a shop, drive home.. read the notes etc...but I just didn't see any reason to wait.

I certainly don't see anyting morally wrong with downloading it, I intend to buy it, I'm just getting the product before I hand over the cash

I will be buying the CD when it comes out, but I could live with myself if I didn't. I still figure Lucas and Sony owe me some bucks because I bought Episode 2 twice, (to get the bonus track)....I was living outside the US and didn't know at the time that the international release included the Bonus track.

Ordered the CD (sans bonus track) from Amazon, and then two weeks later there was the CD in shops WITH the bonus track --- Doh!

Anyway I think it is prett funny the Soundtrack was leaked before SOny even have their Soundtack site up and ruuning. A look at their John Williams site last week had the news that Episode 2 CD was in stores and that Williams won a Grammy for Angelas's Ashes. -- What was that 4 or 5 years ago???

Williams rules, Sony is full of monkeys :)

• 2 weeks later...

When this question was posed 3 years ago I'll give the same answer now I did Then.

YES!!! I am going to wait for the CD. There is nothing like the weeks waiting up to a Star Wars Release. And since this is the Last one this will be the only chance to Go to the CD store with that "Oh My God, I'm on my way to buy a new Star Wars Soundtrack" feeling. Picking the CD up, gazing at it, smiling, heart beating all the while, buying it and later that spring evening

popping the CD in, turning the volume up LOUD!! and wait for that first 'DUUHHHNN' Crash of the Main theme and let it's magic work over you.

That's what it's all about.!!! :spiny:

But OK, I did listen to the 2 preview tracks #1 and #3 once and deleted them because I couldn't spoil myself any more then that. :)

I've only listened to Battle of the Heroes, Anakin vs Obi-Wan and the preview

I'm waiting for the soundtrack to hear more

Max

I couldn't wait but I will certainly be getting the CD. I can't stand crappy quality mp3's

Jynxpossum waiting for the DVD in Dolby 5.1 with damned sound effects. :?

;) Jerry Goldsmith - Air Force One - The Hijacking ;)

im waiting.... my room mate broke and got the BOTH (wow it spells out both!) and knows how important it is to me and he's forcing me not to listen to it and he and i are gonna get through it......

lol

wow the life of a die hard williams fan

I knew that if the score leaked I would not be able to resist the temptation to Download it... But I deliberately pre-ordered the CD so I feel Less guilty LOL and plus,, FREE DVD!! ;)

im waiting.... my room mate broke and got the BOTH (wow it spells out both!) and knows how important it is to me and he's forcing me not to listen to it and he and i are gonna get through it......

lol

wow the life of a die hard williams fan

YOU GOT BOTH, ALREADY?!!!!!

ARRGHHH!!!!!

I want it NOW!!!

I'll have to get it for the DVD. The Fox executives were teasing me with it the other day but I told them I had Rupert Murdoch in the fruit cellar, bound and gagged. That put a stop to their gallop.

Hitch, who will use ROTS score CD as a drinks coaster. Does that comment merit a ban?

I'm waiting to hear the music on screen at the premiere. I did that with AOTC and loved it.

All I've heard so far is the snippets in the TV ads on the official website.

I'm waiting to hear the music on screen at the premiere. I did that with AOTC and loved it.

All I've heard so far is the snippets in the TV ads on the official website.

I was beginning to fear I was the only one.

I usually am in these cases.

Jeff

Jeff, will you get a chance to actually review the film? If so I would love to be able to read it.

I've been avoiding the trailers / images / lists / messages / spoilers / leaks / downloads / samples / ... for a long time.

I have ordered the CD, and will discover the music then-- or in the movie if I don't receive it before or decide to wait a few days more.

Of course, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the movie and hearing the music, but I don't find it unbearable to wait-- especially when everybody says the leaked mp3's are of poor quality; but eevn if it were of stellar quality, I wouldn't download.

obsw0001.gif

I rather wait and buy the actual CD of the ROTS. CD Quality is highest quality sound u can possiby get then downloading a MP3's or AAC's format from the net.

I rather wait and buy the actual CD of the ROTS. CD Quality is highest quality sound u can possiby get then downloading a MP3 or ACC format from the net.

Actually, CD quality is far from the highest quality possible.

It's just that most labels seem to have resigned to that format.

So what is highest quality u possible can get then? Well, iTunes AACs rival the quality of the original CD tracks even at 128 bit rates.

Jeff, will you get a chance to actually review the film?  If so I would love to be able to read it.

I'm working on it. No news on press screenings yet.

I'll wait, and buy the soundtrack on the way from the screening at my local 24-hour Wal-Mart. Then I'll probably stay up all night listening to it over and over.

I succumbed to temptation and got hold of that Symphony of a Saga - but that doesn't count....in my self-reinforcing delusional opinion.....

Jeff, will you get a chance to actually review the film?  If so I would love to be able to read it.

I'm working on it. No news on press screenings yet.

I´ve heard that the press screenings would start before the charity screenings (which start at May 12th)