going to HOLLYWOOD BOWL in September?

MagicRat75

Anyone else considering going to the JW concert on September 2 and 3 in Hollywood? I went to the one in August 2003 and it was really a fantastic experience. Even James Earl Jones was there to narrate segments from the starwars suite and the crowd went crazy. I love visiting California anyway so I think I'm saving to go then..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could give you a tour of Universal Studios complete with my dead-pan drole humourless narration before finally leaving you outside Cabin 1.

Anyone else considering going to the JW concert on September 2 and 3 in Hollywood?  I went to the one in August 2003 and it was really a fantastic experience.   Even James Earl Jones was there to narrate segments from the starwars suite and the crowd went crazy.   I love visiting California anyway so I think I'm saving to go then..

Yes, I go both nites. Last year was fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Last year there was new POA concert pieces not on the OST.Maybe there will be some for RotS.Someone must bring a recorder.

K.M.

Indeed. I'm still salivating over those clips from last year, that version of Double Trouble is mind blowingly fantastic.

A few people should have them. I only have the Double Trouble one. You might want to ask some people around here for the clips. PM if you're having trouble.

People interested in the Double Trouble clip can PM me. About the other one, just wait around, someone will probably hear your pleas sooner or later.

I'm going tonight too! 8O I hope it's a good one - the program has not been posted on the bowl site yet.

I have four HP mp3s from the show last year ... I would love to share -- I'm not sure how to do that...

Are they the same clips that floated around last year or your personal recordings?Because the big one still missing is the unused POA version of Harry's Wondrous World with music from PoA in it.He played that the other night that the clips were recorded.You can upload them at YouSendIt.You e-mail them to someone and the link can be used by anyone for a week.

K.M.

I think they are the same files -- I got them from someone else last year on this forum...

The ones I have are

Harry's Wonderous World

Double Trouble

A Bridge to the Past

Witches, Wands, and Wizards

Hope that helps -- is that www.yousendit.com? Never used that site before.

Right on! You planning on sharing your recordings with us?

It was an awesome show! :spiny: I really enjoyed it this year! I went tonight -- we even got FOUR encore songs!! There were a bunch of people with lightsabers during the Star Wars part :| That was pretty cool!

Hi, everyone! I hope everyone's well. Just wanted to share some info. with you. Johnny's Selections from War Of The Worlds is comprised of two pieces from the score: "Escape from the City" and "Epilogue."

If any of you are going to the concerts at the Bowl, enjoy!

Your long-lost absent friend,

Director

War Of The Worlds is comprised of two pieces from the score: "Escape from the City" ."

oh,one of the more generic parts of the c.d. then.

K.m.Who tought Reaching the Country would be in it.

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post here.

I went to the concert last night, and it was fantastic. To answer your question, the concert ended on three pieces from Star Wars: Battle of the Heroes, Luke and Leia's Theme, and Duel of the Fates. We had four encores, consisting of Yoda's Theme, the Raiders March, the Star Wars Main Theme, and the theme from ET: The Extraterrestrial. I heard from a backstage source that they had actually planned a total of seven encores, but John was beginning to look fatigued at the end. If anybody's going to tonight's performance, you'll have to tell us how the encore situation goes! 8O

OH Man! That sounds amazing! Im so jealous...yes I got to meet him in Pittsfield, but hearing that music live sounds fantastic. Were the 2 pieces from War of the Worlds enjoyable?Talk soon.