Signature Edition Update

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine from www.musicdispatch.com they are really good. 60 bucks...which is actually surprisingly cheap considering Phantom Menace...with 4 movements...was 80. POA has about 6 I believe!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet

Tony69 mentioned it a few days ago on this thread : http://www.jwfan.com/index.php?name=PNphpB...iewtopic&t=7095.

It is great you get this item !

Please, as soon as you receive it, can you tell us what does "Witches, Wands And Wizards" consist on ?

I just know it is a suite of music from the film taken from several tracks on the soundtrack and I wonder which ones...

It's a suite consisting of "Quidditch, Third Year," "Chasing Scabbers," the flute line from "Secrets of the Castle," and "The Snowball Fight." At least, this is what it was at the Tanglewood concert last year.

Ray Barnsbury

Does it mean that there is Buckbeaks Flight in "Witches, Wands And Wizards" ? That's verry weird it hasn't been edited in this SE :D

• 1 year later...

I was just fishing through the boards and stumbled upon this one, and I thought that the score collectors would be interested in this email exchange between myself and the Hal Leonard Corporation back in August 2005 (I can't believe I saved the email this long):

I am a huge fan of the John Williams Signature Edition Series and am wondering if any upcoming installments to the series are in the works. Thank you.

Dear KP,

Thank you for your email. Please find below a list of titles that are in the works. We are unable to supply due dates at this time.

SUITE FROM JAWS

SOUND THE BELLS

THE MISSION NBC THEME

FLYING THEME FROM E.T.

Best Regards,

Hal Leonard Corporation

I wonder what's taking so long for these to get published. It's unusual for a year to go by without a Signature Edition score being released, especially considering Williams produced 4 new scores last year. Anyway, I just thought the fans would be interested to know this. Perhaps we can rally and put pressure on HL to publish this stuff!

One of the versions of Prayer for Peace has to be a signature edition. I looked under at JWpepper and it said by JOhn Williams and published by Hal Leonard. Anyway, I like the selections listed!