"Revenge of the Sith" Soundtrack News

Henry B

From TFN, the liner notes, "Musical Journey" script, "Battle of the Heroes" radio single, and some Walmart/Target information. The liner notes:

"Throughout the Star Wars films, John Williams has created a complete musical language to describe the characters and essentially tell the story of the saga. Episode III completes the Star Wars story; it also acts as a bridge to the original trilogy. In that way, the film has allowed John to add his own final chapter to the musical lexicon by creating brilliant new themes as well as drawing upon the rich legacy of music he has composed for the five other films over the past three decades. The film chronicles Anakin Skywalker's tragic turn to the dark side accompanied by such aggressively ominous music as Darth Vader's march, the Emperor's theme and a sweeping new piece that underscores the momentous duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. In the end, the film reminds us that Anakin will eventually be redeemed through the determination and love of his children. John has beautifully captured this spirit of hope by reprising the most memorable music from the original trilogy, the themes of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. The balance of light and dark is central to Star Wars storytelling, and John has conveyed this expertly. His music for Episode III is joyous and adventurous at times, yet pulls us into the mournful and tragic as well. But as the saying goes, the darkest hour is always before the dawn, even the dawn of twin suns on a distant, arid planet."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not. I refuse to buy this thing twice. Unless it's copy protected and my computer won't play it, then I'm screwed.

BTW, if that is all that is in the liner notes, it once agains shows why Sony is NOT the company to be producing this stuff.

Sony is the RSO of today, death to Robert Stigwood, death to Sony.

BTW, if that is all that is in the liner notes, it once agains shows why Sony is NOT the company to be producing this stuff.

What liner notes? It'll be just like the first two prequels, a little paragraph like that and a bunch of pictures.

And I hope that the Wal-Mart and iTunes things are different. More music released, less unreleased.

Argh I hate how the "by the way I'm just kidding" type of emoticon loads by the time I've downloaded the file. I spose that's a testament to my quick file downloading, it beats the page loading the above series of pictures.

I agree, more music the better. But I don't want to pay another $13 or so for just one more track. Bring on the complete CD.

Does anyone understand Wal-Mart's website? It lists two different ROTS soundtracks, both about the same in price. One says it's a Wal-Mart exclusive, but it doesn't have the bonus track. The other is NOT exclusive, but has an extra track. The one with the extra track also has a different track order and the names of the tracks are slightly different. What the heck is the deal? which one should I buy?

link

Interesting. I don't know. I ordered the $13.38 version and now I see the second version which has MORE tracks. I checked BestBuy's website and they also list 16 tracks for the CD!

1. Star Wars And The Revenge Of The Sith  

2. Anakin's Betrayal  

3. Battle Of The Heroes  

4. Anakin's Dream  

5. Reunion Of Anakin And Padme, The    

6. Welcome, Lord Vader  

7. Padme's Ruminations  

8. Grevious Travels To Palpatine  

9. I Am The Senate  

10. General Grevious  

11. Palpatine's Dark Teachings  

12. Anakin Vs. Obi-wan  

13. Anakin's Dark Deeds  

14. Immolation Scene, The  

15. Birth Of The Twins And Padme's Destiny, The  

16. New Hope And End Credits, A

Gee, it sure would be nice if Sony's website could give us some details. :roll:

Sounds like the complete score is in circulation among company executives so everyone can pick and choose their bonus track.Hopefully a complete score boot will leak from this.

K.M.

So if itunes has abonus track,and Walmart also advertises a bonus track,does that mean 2 different bonus tracks?

K.M.

Has anybody answered this question yet instead of bickering over how many CDs you have to buy, or at what place you will have to buy it, or masterbating over itunes? If we get two bonus tracks, it would be most excellent no matter where they are made available.

If it's true and two additional tracks will be made available, I will be most pleased. Well, other than being forced to use that ungodly itunes crap. Bulky, RAM-hogging, non-working meddlesome CRApple bloatware.

Well, other than being forced to use that ungodly itunes crap. Bulky, RAM-hogging, non-working meddlesome CRApple bloatware.

This coming from the person who insists his computer won't let him edit posts. Too funny. Don't worry Chris, iTunes only works with Windows XP and 2000 so I'm sure your 3.1 software won't have to worry about it. ;)

And besides, I'm relieved about iTunes. Sony has their own music store that doesn't work with anyone's music player except for the Sony Walkmen, the portable mp3 players that, initially, didn't play mp3s. I expressed concern awhile ago that since this was a Sony album it would be really sleazy to put a bonus track out at their music store since no one ever uses the fool thing. I'm glad to see that they instead decided to stick with one people actually buy from.

Neil

I'm using itunes with my ipod,and it's true that if you have a bunch of applications running,such as your web browser and lets say your ripping a c.d. on your computer,then itunes will have difficulty loading.And I have 1 gig of ram and a fast processor.itunes is more like a browser than something that just plays and organises music.

But as you say,better this than a bonus track at the crappy Sony music store.Those ATRAC files can't be converted into anything else.

K.M.

Sounds like the complete score is in circulation among company executives so everyone can pick and choose their bonus track.Hopefully a complete score boot will leak from this.

That's a bold conclusion to jump to. What makes you think it's not just the same bonus track?

eh,I don't know.I'm just hoping some marketing people have some sort of complete score promo to play with and it could fall into the hands of Bob the office clerk who happens to be John Williams fan and leak it on the internet.

K.M.

iTunes has "Battle of the Heroes" on sale now.  You can get it here.

128kbps AACs really sound better than 128kbps mp3s.

Neil

Yes,but 128k AAC's don't sound as good as a proper high bitrate direct rip from a c.d.(192 k or more).So if your buying your c.d. at that bitrate than there's no more upgrade option.

K.M.

iTunes has "Battle of the Heroes" on sale now.  You can get it here.

128kbps AACs really sound better than 128kbps mp3s.

Neil

Yes,but 128k AAC's don't sound as good as a proper high bitrate direct rip from a c.d.(192 k or more).So if your buying your c.d. at that bitrate than there's no more upgrade option.

K.M.

Yes,but 192k AAC's don't sound as good as a proper high bitrate direct rip from a c.d.(like Apple Lossless).So if your buying your c.d. at that bitrate than there's no more upgrade option.

I got this for free (thank you Pepsi!). I'm not complaining. When I get the CD (also for free, thank you Jason for the gift card!), I'll worry about quality then. Until then I have a superior sounding AAC then the 256kbps joint stereo mp3 and the pitiful 128kbps mp3.

And besides, how many here can now claim to have an official, non bootlegged version of "Battle of the Heroes"? Pepsi paid for my song, but at least what I have now is legit.

Neil

And then there's the fact that a number of tracks are available on this 16 track version which aren't there at all on the 15 track. Two cues - Reunion of Anakin and Padme and I am the Senate stand out, while Grievous and the Droids is nowhere to be seen.

That's very strange.With AotC they made different covers.Now it's "every c.d. has diffrent random tracks",collect them all untill you get the complete recording!

K.M.

That's very strange.With AotC they made different covers.Now it's "every c.d. has diffrent random tracks",collect them all untill you get the complete recording!

Well, er, let's hope so!

K.M.

:P - and the crazy thing is, many of us would probably do that as well!

The Album Notes for this single says this

Star Wars Fan, Prepare yourself - For the first time Anywhere "Battle of the Heroes"" This Itunes exclusive by john williams, features NEVER BEFORE HEARD DIALOGUE from the film.

(i got my song free just b/c of that and this version is the album version with out dialogue) I want the one with dialogue!

And besides, how many here can now claim to have an official, non bootlegged version of "Battle of the Heroes"?

Well, since iTunes sucks in this department, I can't.

I didn't get the leaked score, I wanted it to be legit - but since my credit card is spanish, I can't access the U.S. iTunes music store. How does an angry, frustrated ex-potential customer help them at all?

i know its not a song but in itunes if u know it in each section they have the top 100 albums that have been sold and the top 100 songs that have have been sold) so thats the only reason why i said its #2 song the number one song is well i take that back,

BATTLE OF THE HEROS is now the #1 top downloaded song in the soundtrack section of itunes!

It took the spot of Loose Your self from 8mile.

Amazon.co.uk list the OST as having 21 tracks.....

......but they have screwed the pooch a bit wth the listing.....

Track Listings  

1. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith Medley

2. Star Wars

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Anakin's Dream

5. Battle of the Heroes

6. Anakin's Betrayal

7. General Grievous

8. Palpatine's Teachings

9. Grievous and the Droids

10. Padme's Ruminations

11. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

12. Anakin's Dark Deeds

13. Enter Lord Vader

14. Immolation Scene

15. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious

16. Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny Medley

17. Birth of the Twins

18. Padme's Destiny

19. New Hope and End Credits Medley

20. New Hope

21. End Credits

LOL

What's more, they have it listed for £13.99, and also a limited edition with slipcase for £8.99.....

.....Go figure....

:P at Sturgis' sig....

The Album Notes for this single says this

Star Wars Fan, Prepare yourself - For the first time Anywhere "Battle of the Heroes"" This Itunes exclusive by john williams, features NEVER BEFORE HEARD DIALOGUE from the film.  

(i got my song free just b/c of that and this version is the album version with out dialogue)   I want the one with dialogue!

I decided to buy it as well. And as you said - no dialogue. How odd to advertise that it has it when it doesn't. I smell SonyClassical!

First off, NO PAGE LOADS 100% on this website for me anymore, ESPECIALLY the MBs. Over and over again it half-loads. Ever since the servers changed, I CANNOT load ANY page on jwfan.net. Instead, I get things like this:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in e:Domainsjwfan.netwwwrootmodulesPNphpBB2cachePNThemeviewtopic_body.php on line 58

OVER AND OVER again with little differences. *sigh*

Someone else had to tell me what was posted:

Neil:

This coming from the person who insists his computer won't let him edit  

posts. Too funny. Don't worry Chris, iTunes only works with Windows XP and  

2000 so I'm sure your 3.1 software won't have to worry about it.  

This coming from someone who can't get over their own interpretation of Star Wars and believes that the actual author's version is wrong or something? :)

FYI, I have WinXP, fully upgraded along with AVG anti-virus and Zone Alarm. These are hardly strange things that should block the webste, especially when I added it to my "safe" sites.

I can't edit posts easily because PAGES LOAD EXTREMELY SLOW and SOMETIMES DON'T LOAD AT ALL. Granted, my 56k has something to do with it, but I've always had 56k and it never had these problems. It's been getting worse and worse. It started happening around 2 years ago, but now it's intolerable. It makes it highly frustrating to read, let alone post here. Usually a friend tells me that someone replied to a post of mine because I can never tell.

And instead of people helping me, I get MOCKERY from the moderator? This is amazing!

As for crApple nonsense, Last year I installed iTunes and it promptly:

1. Installed a large amount of spyware-type things to my startup that I had to manually remove.

2. Stopped WMP from playing any CD or CDR that I put in my player (and no amount of preferences tinkering can change it now).

3. Takes large amounts of RAM to operate it, while other programs use much, much less with the same sound and better functionality.

I will not be able to even read this reply. I have to ask people to tell me what the thread says.

More:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in e:Domainsjwfan.netwwwrootmodulesPNphpBB2cachePNThemeviewtopic_body.php on line 67

and...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in e:Domainsjwfan.netwwwrootmodulesPNphpBB2cachePNThemeposting_body.php on line 613

:) :? 8O :cry: :oops: :spiny:

E-NUFF!