When do you have Home Alone on your playlist?

NeejaHalycon

When do you have Home Alone on your playlist?  

60 members have voted

1. 1.

• All Year 'Round
    • From Thanksgiving Until Christmas
    • Never

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my second graders study JW they will be performing somewhere in my mem'ry for their christmas concert.

I chose the seasonal option, since I used to program some of it on the radio a while back, but truthfully I haven't listened to it for two or three years.

I played Home Alone (and a few tracks from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra) full blast on my stereo this past December once I was done with Finals and packing to go home for Christmas. Thankfully the people on the floor didn't mind, it was a great way to get in the holiday spirit! :)

Darth Wojo - Who thinks if ever there was a time and place to use the Santa emoticon from the old JW messageboard, it'd be here and now.

I like to listen to Home Alone at Christmas time, but I also listen in July when I do Christmas in July.

Joe, who loves Christmas.

Sometimes when it's a real nice summer day, I blast the last track of Home Alone II out of the speakers: Merry Christmas.

It has sleigh bells in it, but otherwise its simply an all year song to me.

PetePan

To me, music is part of the Christmas decoration. So in the basement, I keep a box that's right by the Christmas light, Bethlehem town and the plastic holly, I have some "Exclusively Chrismtas" CD's. These are:

Home Alone

Home Alone II

Keith Loghart & Boston Pops Christmas Music

A Very Ally Christmas, by Vonda Shepard

My Favorite Carols, CD-R with carols I downloaded

A Christmas Carol, the musical by Alan Menken

Classic Christmas, by the really talented Billy Gilman

ROSS - who's really into Christmas and Halloween, but given his grandmother is Jewish, he never gets to celebrate, and who thinks that sucks.

I love the score for Home Alone, and I play it all year round, except for the few christmas song tracks that are thrown on there. I only listen to the orchestral tracks, unless it's near christmas.

-Jason

I love the score and play the score cues often.......but I do that with everything. There is a constant change of music at my house/car/computer. I left Stepmom playing last night on my computer (without the semi-annoying buggy cue) and I fell asleep, woke up this morning, and have just left it going.

I'm actually in the mood to listen to Little Women -- one of Tommy Newman's best.

Dan - who might act upon his desire

:mrgreen: "Jackie and Isabel" from Stepmom....(that was almost "Hackie and Kisabel" until I changed it, but you don't care. :oops:

No, I don't even have it, and nor do I want it!

Morn - Who didn't like the music in the film

Morn - Who is not an Elfman fan

I actually got it recently for $8.99 at Best Buy. I haven't heard it yet, but was impressed when he read that Elfman himself sang as Jack. Wondering what "Thomas And The King" would sound like if Johnny sang the lead.

Dan - laughing at this current thought

:mrgreen: "Taking Pictures" from Stepmom

Jim, therefore, you must find a way of possessing it. It is becoming hard to find and rather rare.

Dan - who sees a copy every now and then for $19.00

:) "The Bad Thing" from Pay It Forward (T. Newman)

I was playing it yesterday infact.

Some bits always remind me of the "tree for a bed" from Jurassic Park.

Also, sometimes similar to Elfmans "Edward Scissorhands" soundtrack.

P.S : Jim, Amazon UK has the soundtrack available.

Yeah -- I can definitely see simlilaries with JP and I guess some moments of Edward Scissorhands can parallel as well.

Dan - not noticing the latter before until now. It has been revealed.

:music: "End Credits" from The Cider House Rules (Portman)

I was listening to it again this morning, and it really is quite a underated score i reckon. Some beautiful and emotional themes. When i sit and listen to it, i can hear the style of Star Wars ( truly truly...listen and see that kind of format in areas)..One tiny reference to Close Encounters. Some E.T/Jurassic Park style, and the jingly jangly start to Track 1 is like Elfmans "Edward Scissorhands" main title .What a wierd combination ...hehehe.

Ayahuasca - Who thinks Home Alone is a great score to own.

Pity about some of the "ginger bread man/ smiling happy faces" stuff though. :roll:

• 5 years later...
Home Alone is one of my very favorite scores, but I only listen to it around Christmas.

Same here. I wonder if it's been long enough since the last "Favorite Home Alone Song" poll to do another one....as much as I love the sentimental "Somewhere in My Memory," I've been increasingly in awe of "Star of Bethlehem." It's seriously an otherworldly theme, so full of mystery and reverence. I've never heard anything else like it.

I do not possess a copy of the score. :lol:

:mellow:

You need to acquire the full score for Home Alone 2! :P

I've got the score as ape on my PC but I need to convert it to mp3 and put it on my mp3 player.

Beat me harder!

Never heard Hook either.

You should defenetly get these two scores (despite what Joe thinks about Hook). They really are brilliant work by JW.

What I have heard of Hook didn't impress me. Even worse, its theme awfully reminds me of Attack Of The Clones.

That should lower your praise for Clones, not Hook.

Rabbit--thinks Hook and Home Alone are some of John's best work

My favorite Christmas soundtrack is A Charlie Brown Christmas. No X-mas score will ever top that one, in my mind!

Edward Scissorhands, HA, HA2, and Elf area also good x-mas scores.

Just listened to Home Alone for the first time last night. Very nice overall. Don't care for some of the songs. Star of Bethlehem and Setting the Trap are real knockouts.

Especially Star of Bethlehem. Like Mr. Barnsbury said, full of mystery and reverence. Haunting and beautiful.