First Look at the New Superman!

Lurker

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman versus Superman has always seemed silly to me.

I mean, Batman may be the greatest martial arts expert in the world, he's still only human.

Batman has already beaten Superman a number of times in the comics

top of my head in Dark Knight Returns and Batman Hush

Well in Batman Hush, Batman exploited the fact that he knew that Clark would never fully use his powers against him (which is why you never see him just fry him with his heat vision) and then took him out with a kryptonite ring

Dark Knight Returns he unleashed Gotham City's power grid on Supes, threw acid in his face and had Green Arrow shoot him with a Kryptonite Arrow

So, are we now stating Supes is as dumb as rocks?

It's a typical case of David and Goliath. People generally like the idea that even gods can be wrong. That's why I'm hated so much.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Batman versus Superman has always seemed silly to me.

I mean, Batman may be the greatest martial arts expert in the world, he's still only human.

Batman: Lying on the ground

Superman: "Only human."

Robin: "Dodge this!"

Well if they can't find Kyrptonite they can always use magic against him which he's also powerless against

And we're not talking about any specific type of kryptonite here, there's green, red, yellow, blue.....

Yeah, it'd be real lame if any yokel from Smallville could hurt Superman just by getting a tattoo in France.

What place does magic have in Metropolis anyway?

After going to www.bluetights.net I'm a lot more optimistic about the production and I now have complete confidence in Bryan Singer. The video diaries are great (a la Kong is King.com) plus they have JW's music playing in the background most of the time

Max-Buying his midnight showing tickets for Ep III

The more and more I see of the making of this movie, the more I think it's going to work.

OK, we've already seen this darker kind of costume in 'Superman III', and at least they're sticking to traditions.

I just couldn't imagine Superman in a plastic suit with fake muscles.

All the best,

Cheers,

Ian

When are they going to make a new Supergirl?

Only if they can get a girl to look as good in that costume as Helen Slater did! Lindsay Lohan maybe? 8O

Tim, who only watches Supergirl for Jerry's score - honest!

It isn't? My dreams are shattered!  8O

Someone had to burst your bubble. Luckily for you it was me.

This looks like a lesser version of the Christopher Reeve costume.It looks quite balnd and understated.They should have made superman more muscular this time,like the comic.Also,add some cool new texture in the suit,like the Spiderman costume has these small scales and stuff.

K.M.

anything that was done in Spiderman, Singer needs to avoid.

and where do some people get the idea that Superman is a God,

or that Superman isn't smart, even Ross, just because he's virtually invulnerable doesn't mean he isn't smart, and unlike the new Batman, Superman has a heart and soul thats not damaged.

where do some people get the idea that Superman is a God,

"Here I am like a kid out of school, holding hands with a god."

Neil

or that Superman isn't smart, even Ross, just because he's virtually invulnerable doesn't mean he isn't smart, and unlike  the new Batman, Superman has a heart and soul thats not damaged.

Actually I was kidding there. Superman is supposed to have super-intelligence in some comics (even the ability to read minds). Of course, I've only read of those comics - I've actually ready very, very few comic books.

However, I have always found interesting how Clark Kent is thought to be slow, simple-minded or out of touch with reality because of his simple, farm-boy morals; and those exact same morals in Superman make him a fascinating and deep creature to the same people.

About his god-like status - he has the abilities of a god, and that is undeniable. But he voluntarily seeks humanity so that he is not alone among the humans. So you can't deny he's a god, but you can state he is, either.