Favorite Star Wars Character Poll Results at the IMDB

Lurker

PollResults.jpg

No character exclusively introduced in the Prequels made it to the top 10. In fact, every character introduced in the prequels (11 in this poll) were beaten by "Other". Four original trilogy characters were also beaten by "Other". This is all user submitted. You can view the results here.

Neil

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The voters must have been racist for Lando to be so low. Why does everything have to be black with them? Should we throw some cotton balls down and have him practice, Masta Yoda?

I think it's more that whole Han in carbonite thing. People are obviously not ready to forgive him, no matter how many months he spends hanging with the creepy critters at Jabba's and how many Sarlaccs he saves blind Han from. His quest for redemption will never end...

I'm not suprised about Han Solo, but I don't understand it. I know he's the human character that most people find funny, but in all seriousness, he has no dynamic whatsoever. I like him too, don't get me wrong, but he's not all that interesting as a character. Yoda has more serious and interesting dialogue. And how the hell did Chewbacca beat both versions of Obi-Wan?!?!

Tim, who noticed the results are different on the link (C-P30 did beat Jar Jar in the end)

I know he's the human character that most people find funny, but in all seriousness, he has no dynamic whatsoever.  I like him too, don't get me wrong, but he's not all that interesting as a character.  Yoda has more serious and interesting dialogue.  

Because he's Harrison Ford at the start of his career. He has "I'm going to make it" written all over him.

No character exclusively introduced in the Prequels made it to the top 10.  In fact, every character introduced in the prequels (11 in this poll) were beaten by "Other".

I don't think this would be true if they had included Darth Maul as an option.

Jeff - who voted for Luke

your right about Darth Maul, people liked him, but I don't understand why, he was cool looking, but he had no personality. He wasn't much of a sith lord

I like how neil can post in the way it suits better for him.

he had to put 'no character EXCLUSIVELY introduced in the prequels' because the young obi wan did not meet his needs.

About yoda, i havent seen him as popular when there was just the OT. i think the preqeuls have served him well...

And grand moff tarkin, the 'great' villain, is owned by Sidious, that cliched evil character.

he had to put 'no character EXCLUSIVELY introduced in the prequels' because the young obi wan did not meet his needs.

The fact that old Obi beat young Obi says a lot. I can understand why they distinguished Anakin from Vader, but there should have only been one option for Obi-Wan and only two options for Anakin/Vader.

About yoda, i havent seen him as popular when there was just the OT. i think the preqeuls have served him well...

Are you serious? Yoda has been immensely popular (and quotable) since 1980. I don't hear people quoting anything he says in the prequel trilogy.

Jeff

In polls, i had never seen him so up.

What do you know about the 80s polls? And Maestro is right, people don't quote him that often anymore. It used to be different, quite different.

----------------

Alex Cremers

And grand moff tarkin, the 'great' villain, is owned by Sidious, that cliched evil character.

well considering all the fanboys and geeks voted, and the fact that Sidious has been in 4 or the 5, and now 5 of the 6 pictures, and that Tarkin is only in Star Wars, and he's only glimps in ROTS, I am not surprised.

Are you serious? Yoda has been immensely popular (and quotable) since 1980. I don't hear people quoting anything he says in the prequel trilogy.

Ridiculous. I say "Around the survivors a perimeter create" all the time! But seriously, the only line approaching fame in the prequel trilogy is "Seeing you brings warm feelings to my heart" for the "pants" variation. Although I did like Yoda's dark side lecture in TPM - "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate... leads to suffering!" It's not in backwards speech. Heck, he was still a pretty good character in TPM. But apparently he suffered some ill effects from the Clone War... like Captain Obvious syndrome. "Destroy the Sith we MUST." Sigh...

well considering all the fanboys and geeks voted, and the fact that Sidious has been in 4 or the 5, and now 5 of the 6 pictures, and that Tarkin is only in Star Wars, and he's only glimps in ROTS, I am not surprised.

Another example.

NOW is the geeks who voted.

Yeah, man... CLASSIC line there. And who can forget "Gravity's silhouette remains, but

the star and all its planets have disappeared"?