Post Your ROTS Album Info Here

Lurker

This thread will attempt to see if there are different versions of the ROTS album. Please post where you bought your album and what the catalog number is.

Thanks!

Neil

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediamarkt, Dornbirn, Austria

15 Tracks with a total running time of 70 Minutes and 51 seconds, SK94220

WH Smiths, Norwich, UK.

SK 94220, 15 tracks.

Several tracks on the album are incorrectly flagged as HDCD, confusing my Denon AVR-3805. Grrr.

The bonus DVD is PAL, but does NOT suffer from PAL speedup. Interestingly, the DVD marks the first time that the prequel recording of the Main Title has been officially released with a clean ending.

HMV in the UK has a gold and silver variant of the Amazon slipcase.

HMV, Galway City, Ireland. 12:15pm 1st May 2005.

SK 94220, 15 tracks, 70 mins 51 secs.

On location in Connemara filming THE SHEEPS' FAREWELL TO THE MOUNTAIN

PICT0018.jpg

I forgot to mention, my version doesn't have that obnoxiously big FBI warning... just a "12+" rating icon, because of the DVD.

sw3_back.jpg

BTW, I found this really annoying, courtesy of Sony:

Which one doesn't fit?

sw_spines.jpg

Gold slipcase, standard 15 tracks + "12" rating for the DVD...and yes, I find that "Spine" annoying too.....Cat Number is SK 94220....other than the slipcase here appears to be no "Special Editions" available in the UK, no bonus tracks or anything.....

Besides from the music, the whole design of CD, Cover, inlay is an absolute failure...even the poster is just crap...at the moment I´m working on my own design for the album cover, back cover etc., if anyone wants to have a look at it i´ll post it when I´m done with it...

my version doesn't have that obnoxiously big FBI warning

Since the FBI usually does not operate in other countries than the United States, it makes sense that it´s not on the european version ;)

Yes, but who knows what deterring anti-piracy warning they could have slapped on there... I still detest the meaningless "won't play on pc/mac" thing on the AOTC cover.

Yes, but who knows what deterring anti-piracy warning they could have slapped on there... I still detest the meaningless "won't play on pc/mac" thing on the AOTC cover.

Yeah, especially since it DOES play on my PC ;)

So, with the slipcase versions, you get the slipcase AND the normal plastic case..? I really don't get it o_O lol .. and AOTC didn't play on my DVD drive but it did play on my CD-RW drive, LOL

Sadly it doesn't play on everyone's.....thank goodness they chucked the idea for this release though..... ;)

So, with the slipcase versions, you get the slipcase AND the normal plastic case..? I really don't get it o_O lol

Yep - just a cardboard slipcase for the double jewel-case to - erm - slip into! As per the Superman 2-Disc,

Greg :-)

Yep - just a cardboard slipcase for the double jewel-case to - erm - slip into!  As per the Superman 2-Disc,

Greg :-)

Oh, I get it LOL

Thanks !! I'm buying it now =) From Amazon.co.uk... xD

I'd guess they slipcase just wraps around the normal jewel case. This is used quitre frequently.

I had the idea that you just got a small slipcase that the CDs slipped into.. that's why I was so offputted LOL ... I get it now ;)

I would be intrigued to see if that is actually the same format, since Amazon.co.uk appear to be selling it for about £5 less than anywhere else.....even their OWN stock of jewel-cased ones are more expensive than the slipcased one - it doesn't make any sense.....

Let us know!!!!!

the first time that the prequel recording of the Main Title has been officially released with a clean ending.

It appears on the menu screen of the game SW: Galactic Battlegrounds

Since Im in Australia, the ROTS Album wont be release until the 9th May 2005, in HMV stores. I got 6 more days until i can buy the ROTS Album.

In the meantime i just keep on listening the AOL listening Party :(

I would be intrigued to see if that is actually the same format, since Amazon.co.uk appear to be selling it for about £5 less than anywhere else.....even their OWN stock of jewel-cased ones are more expensive than the slipcased one - it doesn't make any sense.....

Let us know!!!!!

Will do :(

Hey all...got the soundtrack at WalMart in Mesa, Arizona...with a new catalog: SK 94480.

As for the bonus track...included instructions say to go to www.walmart.com/musicdownloads/starwars and enter your claim code. The site, however, is not up yet...and I'm not sure if the code can be used more than once...so not posting or asking for it.

Funny...the plastic had a sticker on it announcing the bonus download as an interview with John Williams...so what the hell did they keep us in the dark about.

Haven't watched the DVD or given it a listen yet...going to all night. Its all you can do when you work from home and set your hours!!!

BTW...the anti piracy thing is big as hell...AND on both discs.

Ok American's time to start putting up your information,

oh btw, tlbauerle, if your Wal Mart put it out early, and because your post was so late, its possible you picked it up after midnight, but if not, you should report them for breaking strict on sale merchandise rules.

Looks like the interview only comes in frickin WMA format, which leaves Mac users out in the cold. I swear to God I am so fed up with Sony and Lucasfilm's marketing tactics. Last time I was stupid enough to be snookered into buying the album twice so I could get the extra track. This time, I'm just SOL all around. Now why is the record industry suffering?

I'm going to ask outright, and I don't care about the legalities (since I'm paying for something I can't freaking acquire through Walmart anyway): can any PCs users rip this track and share it here with we Mac users who paid fair and square for the thing?

Target in North Little Rock,

SK 94574

packaging is standard, but the liner notes by Lucas made me want to vomit,

Anakin Skywalkers' tragic turn to the Dark Side, palease, he made a choice, it wasn't tragic, he's a nasty little spoiled punk, thats the reason the prequels have sucked, the "main character" just isn't interesting.

Still so far I like this score, how it ranks will be decided over the next few weeks and months.

I'm going to ask outright, and I don't care about the legalities (since I'm paying for something I can't freaking acquire through Walmart anyway): can any PCs users rip this track and share it here with we Mac users who paid fair and square for the thing?

I second this! Is there any way we international chaps could get our hands on these tracks? (hint-hint) Incidentally, I have both a PC and a Mac, so I could do the conversion if I can get the files.

I bought the one at Target Luke, he bought his at Wal-Mart, each has a different download, so thats why there

are different sku numbers.

I second this! Is there any way we international chaps could get our hands on these tracks? (hint-hint) Incidentally, I have both a PC and a Mac, so I could do the conversion if I can get the files.

Hear hear! I too think Wal-Mart and Sony Classical are just money grubbing bastards. I want my bonus track that I paid for! I am all for aquiring a ripped version of said bonus track. Anyone?

Got mine at Target today. What sucks is that I've got a bad ear infection right now, so I'm not going to be able to fully enjoy it for another day or two. :cry:

does yours have the same problem as mine Stewdog,

for further clarification see my I am the Senate thread,

Sony encoded the wrong track information on my disk.

Maybe someone has said it before in another post, for it has been ages since I have posted and looked on this message board. But when I was just surfing the internet, my eye came along an advert. When I clicked on it I came across some clips from the new included DVD 'A musical journey'. This might be interesting I think. It is in dutch, that's true, but nevertheless the links is what it all is about isn't it! :angry:

You can find the info on http://www.download.nl/indexchart.php?url=...artstarwars.php

Grtz,

Mark

Ok American's time to start putting up your information,  

oh btw, tlbauerle, if your Wal Mart put it out early, and because your post was so late, its possible you picked it up after midnight, but if not, you should report them for breaking strict on sale merchandise rules.

Yeah...I got it around 12:30am last night...

I went to one Walmart that said CDs didn't arrive until morning and only the movies were put out at midnight because only a certain company could put CDS out. After trying to tell the guy I wasn't an idiot...and realizing he was an asshole...I went to another, more helpful Walmart where and employee went straight to the back and found a copy for me.

What is with these stockers that makes them think they are the coolest thing since sliced bread?

Got mine at Wal-Mart today

SK94220

I've listened to a bit and will post my impressions tomorrow probably when I get done

Max

SK94220

Fascinating! So yours didn't have a sticker on it saying you can get an exlcusive Wal*Mart download?

Neil

And what a great download that was................NOT!.............was NOT!................as in..............NOT!

Has anyone heard the interview yet? Give info, please!!! How long is it, what does Williams chat about, etc. 8O Please help out a poor fan who just happens to use only unworthy Macintosh equipment. ;)

Damned Sony...

SK94220

Fascinating! So yours didn't have a sticker on it saying you can get an exlcusive Wal*Mart download?

Neil

It did have a sticker on it, I haven't downloaded the interview yet. I took the ID number from the CD

Max-Not getting the joke if there is one

SK94220

Neil

It did have a sticker on it, I haven't downloaded the interview yet. I took the ID number from the CD

Max-Not getting the joke if there is one

Look at the spine on the packaging.

Neil - not joking

Looks like the interview only comes in frickin WMA format, which leaves Mac users out in the cold. I swear to God I am so fed up with Sony and Lucasfilm's marketing tactics. Last time I was stupid enough to be snookered into buying the album twice so I could get the extra track. This time, I'm just SOL all around. Now why is the record industry suffering?

Hope this helps a tad. 8O