The Mission Theme: Remix?

I was browsing a news themes site, and came across this. I don't know if anyone else has seen/heard this or posted it here, but anyways....

"SEVEN NIGHTLY NEWS [AU]" CURRENT Theme

Seven Nightly News in Australia uses this weird version of John Williams' The Mision. They used to use the original, but have in recent years switched over to a sort of club mix of the original. There are actually a great amount of similarities between Australian TV news and American TV News. The National Nine News uses Cool Hand Luke, the theme used by many stations in the United States, as their theme. The Ten Evening News, for a while, used opening graphics that were more than just inspired by an open for the CBS Evening News. And over at Channel 9 they have, since 1978, their own version of 60 Minutes. Fortunately for them, they don't have to sit through Andy Rooney.

Here's a link to that site, too:

http://www.geocities.com/netnewsmusic/nbc.html

I just thought it was kinda wacky to hear The Mission in this style. Thoughts? Opinions? Bueller?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know until last year I didn't realise that I was listening to JW while watching the news!

It does sound different to the real version of the theme. The original is much better.

I will listen to it again tonight 8O

HA! That's kinda fun, in a JW-goes-clubbing sorta way. 8O

Any idea where a full recording can be found?

Although I agree, the original is better.